Obama's BlackBerry

Obama's BlackBerry

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  39 reviews
When Obama stated that if elected, he would keep his Blackberry, debate echoed through Washington and among the ranks of the Secret Service. What would it be like to have a president who could Twitter, send text messages, and navigate the web with ease? What would it be like to receive a text message from inside the Oval Office and, most importantly, what would it say?

Now,...more
Published June 8th 2009 by Little, Brown and Company

James and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlThe Grapes of Wrath by John SteinbeckTwilight by Stephenie MeyerOn the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls WilderA Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Fruit Salad
170th out of 204 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Nely
I must confess, I’m not one who’s into politics, but I found myself laughing out loud at some of the hilarious e-mails, text messages and even picture texts being sent by BarackO and BidenMyTime, WildBill (Bill Clinton) FirstLady2U (Michelle Obama), hBomb (Hilary Clinton), etc. Just downright good, clean humor. I especially loved the e-mails received by President Obama from Abe (Abraham Lincoln) in heaven. Those would bring tears to my eyes.

This is something you can read in an hour tops - as it’...more
Kathy Hiester
My sixteen year old son gave me this book and I loved it. It was a hilarious break from my usual biographies I love to read. I loved the thought of Obama being a Trekkie and Renaissance faire devotee who dresses in chain mail. There were times where Obama was depicted as an egotistical jerk but truthfully if you had to deal with the group of jerks (sorry I mean politicians) he does in this book you might be a little egotistical too.

5 Stars
OOSA
Too Much Information

"Obama's Blackberry" by Kasper Hauser is comedy extra-ordinary ranging from uncanny satire, to dry humor as the messages to and from the president reveal caricatures of political personalities. This was a light-hearted and fun compendium as a stress reliever from being too serious about the political players and roles, and, of course, the recession is a lovely backdrop. The author does not take himself seriously as he verbally roast entries with common personality traits and...more
Alison
As the first US President in history to take a Blackberry into the Oval Office, Obama has left the door wide open for satirist Kasper Hauser.

Just so we are clear, I will not discuss politics on my book review. I am a voracious debater outside the realm of Alison's Book Marks, so feel free to contact me off-line if you want to discuss healthcare reform, Gitmo, Afghanistan, or the NJ Gubernatorial race. Maybe someday I'll start a political blog...but not today.

Back to the review. I actually chuck...more
Valorie
Obama’s Blackberry by Kasper Hauser (a group of people, not just one man) is strictly a humor book for those among us who are politically inclined. Each page has, with a graphic of a Blackberry, texts supposedly passed back and forth between US President Obama and other world figures, leaders, and famous people. You have Oprah, McCain, Palin, George W. Bush, Geithner, Rumsfeld, Gates, Osama… you get the picture. The book exists to let us as Americans look at our leaders and laugh a little bit. Y...more
Kim V
Obama’s Blackberry reads like a one hit wonder in literary form. The original premise is funny in the beginning of the book. However, after constant repetition in slightly different versions the concept becomes extremely tiresome.
Obama’s Blackberry is a humorous take on the messages our Commander in Chief receives on his hard fought for Blackberry. Unfortunately, the humor often falls flat or is stale after the fifth re-telling. For instance, Bill Clinton’s texts to Obama begging that Hillary...more
Jen
Quick read, funny stuff. It's all fluff, of course.
Ed Harrison
Very clever, funny quick read.
Maltaise
This is one of the funniest books that I have read in awhile. Kasper Hauser has put together a book of text messages and e-mails. Kasper Hauser speculates about the messages that would be sent between Obama, Michelle and heads of states. The book is a witty satire on current foreign and domestic affairs.

Even if you are not into politics you will be laughing out loud while reading this book.
Karen Siddall
This was a gift (after I was given a BlackBerry for work) as a joke, and I thought "Yeah, very funny. But not my cup of tea," but I was wrong. It was VERY clever and funny. Really put a smile on my face at the end of a funky day and I was even able to share some of the bits with the 20-somethings here. Entertaining no matter which polical party you side with, too.
Jennifer Defoy
This book was short and sweet. I took me less than an hour from cover to cover...

It was entertaining, it made me laugh a few times. I could only picture some of the people (which makes me realize I need to brush up on current events) but the ones I could made reading these messages even better.

I think my favorites were the 3rd one and the last one!
Cydney
This is a very short, pretty funny book that shows humorous emails on Obama's (and other well-known politicians') Blackberry. If you know the personalities (Biden, Clinton, Bush, Palin, and even Abe Lincoln), you will probably get the joke. Obama's Blackberry is a light, creative read that you may want to buy just to say you've got the book.
Beth
This book was light and funny. It has made the rounds in our house and everyone who has read it finds it amusing. It is written to look as thought you are reading President Obama's blackberry on each page so it is a quick read.
Martha
Jul 01, 2009 Martha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Obama Supporters
Shelves: humorous-fun
A funny little humor book that made me laugh out loud. Read it during the break after the seventh inning at last night's Orioles game. Would make a nice fun gift. Bill Clinton's texts were my faviorte!
Veronica
Funny book about what Obama's Blackberry correspondance might look like. Not exactly aimed towards the right-wing, but if you can laugh at American politics than you will enjoy this.
Alisa
Sep 21, 2009 Alisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: funny
hahahhhhahahahahahahahahhhhaa..... my parents asked me why the hell I bought this but I didn t.. one day it seriously just showed up in my house and I about shit myself reading it
Amy Gourley
I read this book in 30 mins. Funny satirical texts to and from the president from Bill Clinton, George W Bush, Sarah Palin, and various world leaders.
Joy
Aug 31, 2009 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
I read some of this at the bookstore and it's very clever and funny. I requested it from the library. It can probably be read in an hour or so.
Hol
Dec 20, 2011 Hol added it
Guess which Obama book I read for work and which one I read to pass time on the subway: (a) the Jodi Kantor project (b) this one
Tricia
Jun 16, 2009 Tricia added it
Some very funny laugh-out-loud parts, but definitely too heavy on the sexual innuendo for my taste.
Noran
The book is hilarious... I couldn't stop laughing while reading it :D
Nathan Rabin
Good for some larfs. Takes about a half hour to read.
Jamie Holloway
Won this book, looks hilarious... Can't wait to dive in...
Rose
Feb 19, 2013 Rose rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: laughs
A cute read. I particularly liked the Joe Biden texts. ;-)
Irene
This was really funny. I just couldn't give it 5 stars!
Gina
V. amusing, all done on Blackberry screen format.
Rachael
I don't care who you are, this was funny stuff!
Erin Wynn
HILARIOUS.
That is all I have to say.
Christopher
It was so friggin funny
Carl
Short but entertaining.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kasper Hauser is a San Francisco-based comedy group. They are the authors of Weddings of the Times, a parody of the New York Times wedding pages, and SkyMaul, which the San Francisco Chronicle called "wicked funny," and Salon.com called "the perfect sendup."

The Kasper Hauser Comedy Podcast has been called "brilliant" by New York magazine and "wonderfully realized" by The Times of London. The group...more
More about Kasper Hauser...
SkyMaul: Happy Crap You Can Buy from a Plane Weddings of the Times Earn Your MBA on the Toilet: Unleash Unlimited Power and Wealth from Your Bathroom SkyMaul 2: Happy Crap You Can Buy from a Plane