Start by marking “Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)” as Want to Read:
Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)

Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril #6)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Sure, Jackie Thum's newly published novel might not be Hemingway, but bad reviews from her fellow travelers have Emily Andrew's transgender ex-husband (Jackie was formerly Jack) steaming like a sauna. It's a dismal start to their Scandinavian tour, and group leader Emily is getting that sinking feeling in Helsinki: something fishy this way comes. When Jackie's most outspok ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 355 pages
Published March 1st 2008 by Wheeler Publishing (first published October 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Norway to Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norway to Hide

Drebbles
Emily Andrews certainly has her hands full as she leads her group of senior citizens from Iowa on their tour through Norway. First, she is worried about the health of her beloved grandmother whose handwriting seems shaky all of a sudden. She is also trying to console her transgender ex-husband, Jackie, who is worried about the bad reviews and slow selling status of her first novel. Plus, she is getting married soon and her mother is busy fixing things after a disaster back home threatens her ori ...more
Shiela
I really enjoyed certain aspects of this sixth book in the Emily Andrew chronicles while completely being annoyed by others.

First of all, the motive behind the murders was so inane and weak that the whole thing seemed really ridiculous and pointless. I always have issues with motive, why would anyone go to the lengths of killing another human if there wasn’t a good reason for it? Motive and the conclusion are what make it or break it for me regardless of how good the rest of the book is. Althou
Nathaniel
I liked the storyline of this book as well as the characters. It was not exceptionally well written, but the point was conveyed and I did not encounter any issues due to an inability to read the text. The story progress and progresses, but at the end there's a serious case of deus ex machina and suddenly the crime is solved and it doesn't really make sense what the motive of the killer was, generally people aren't killed over scrabble titles, but in competitive circles who am I to know (its a mu ...more
Nancy
This entry in Maddy Hunter’s Passport to Peril series is just as amusing as the other stories in her repertoire. You’ll smile as you read about the antics of tour guide Emily Andrews and her senior citizens on their trip to Scandinavia. The Iowan group is dismayed to be thrown in with a bunch of Floridians, even more so when a guest turns up dead. What secrets is this troupe hiding that they’d kill to keep quiet? Norway to Hide will keep you guessing until the final clue.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is the latest installment of Emily Andrews and her job as a travel guide and companion to a bunch of seniors from Iowa. this time they are in Norway the surrounding area and paired up with a group of seniors from Florida. Several people end up dead (as is always the case!) and Emily manages to solve the murders with the help of her Nana and Etienne, her fiance.

the book has a nice twist at the end...but I can't say what! now to await a new book from this author.
Kelly
Oct 01, 2008 Kelly rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Hunter seemed to phone this book in. The lovable Iowa Seniors that each reader comes to love, seem down right dumb in this book. Like living in the Midwest takes away IQ points. Even Emily our young tour host is less than with it.
You have people who are smart enough to hack the internet, but not smart enough know jumping in a body of water when you can't swim will cause you to down? The same person jump in the water two books ago.

Just skip this book.
Grey853
Not as good as ALPINE FOR YOU. The humor seemed a bit forced and I didn't like the ex-husband very much, not because she's a transexual but because she was so annoying.

That said, I do think it's a great notion for a story, how to behave when your husband changes genders and writes your live into a novel. That's not really explored well here, which is a shame because the actual mystery isn't much of one.
Jan
Emily, Nana and the regular crew are sharing a Scandinavian tour with a bunch of annoying Floridians but nobody is so annoying someone would want to kill them. Are they? Emily tries to solve multiple homicides and plan a wedding long distance in this funny, funny installment. These books are so much fun. They will make you glad you are home reading about traveling rather than actually doing it.
Kathy
My first for this author. Thought the plot was missing, along with the mystery. I couldn't connect with any characters. They were either lacking intelligence, lifeless or drama queen. I'll give Hunter another chance though & hope there are some redeming qualities in her next novel.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Another enjoyable, amusing story - the last - in this series. I'm sorry to see the series end, but happy that the author at least knew it was coming and was able to tie up loose ends. I'll miss the engaging characters and her ability to describe the locations of the story is excellent.
Linda Smatzny
This is the sixth book in the Passport to Peril Mystery series featuring Emily Andrew. This time the gang from Iowa are touring Helsinki when the first murder occurs. There is one more murder but it appears that the tour group from Florida has the murderer. Emily finally finds happiness.
Babs
This series is wonderful and refreshing. The characters Emily and Jackie are the funniest. How can you not like the older group from Iowa on these tours they take. Maddy Hunter just keeps getting better and better as the series grows. I am looking forward to the next book.
Sandy
Funny, light easy read, but unreal.

The story is very unbelievable. You might like it if you like funny dialogs and characters. If you like good mystery, you'll not get it in this book. Yes, there's a mystery, but it's so lame.

Barry Rocklin
You don't much care (in this series) whodunnit, or even always remember which of the senior citizens are which... but they are a fun, breezy read, with colorful characters that evoke Evanovich, and a delightful confection.
Deborah
This is the last in the Passport to Peril mystery series.
It wasn't as good or as funny as some of the earlier books in the series. I'm not sure why she hasn't written any more, but I enjoy them so hope she hasn't quit writing.
Jean
Hunter is a Madison Wisconsin writer and we have a lot of good writers here. It was touted as another Janet Evanovich. It seemed like her humor was trying too hard. Not a laugh out loud like Janet's.
Candace
For some reason I didn't like this one as much as the others. It seemed a little too far fetched and I had a hard time getting into it. The ending was nice but predictable.
Amy
Eh, this book was okay. Everything was so rushed at the end, and it just came together too quickly. It's still a fun series and quick read, but I wanted a bit more.
Shannon
Another winner by Maddy Hunter. She is a really talented writer! Anxiously awaiting the next installment of this great series!
Rob
The humor fell flat and the mystery wasn't well developed. I hear the other books in the series are better.
Melissa
Based on the ending I'm wondering if there will be any more books in this series. I hope so!
Vicky
didn't particular;y like the ending but enjoyed the rest of the story as a whole
Shirl
I love Maddt's books and I'm glad she finally married Emily off.
Karen
Not as good as the others in her series.
Denisec
It is just a fun read. No thinking needed.
Susie
Read while in Amsterdam and Norway Cruise
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Leeann J.
Leeann J. marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Lori Z
Lori Z marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
  • 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2)
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • The Way of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mystery, #3)
  • Booked for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #5)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • Two Down (Crossword Mysteries, #2)
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • As Dog is My Witness (Aaron Tucker Mystery #3)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25)
  • Invitation to Murder (A Card Making Mystery, #1)
  • Buzz Off (Queen Bee, #1)
  • O' Artful Death
  • A Killing in Antiques (Lucy St. Elmo Antiques, #1)

Passport to Peril (9 books)
  • Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4)
  • G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1) Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2) Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3) Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4) G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)