Start by marking “Lato Muminków” as Want to Read:
Lato Muminków

Lato Muminków (The Moomins #5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  6,030 Ratings  ·  187 Reviews
Świat Muminków to dolina, w której różne tajemnicze postacie - Paszczaki, Ryjek, Włóczykij, Mała Mi - wiodą życie dziwnie podobne do zwykłego, a jednak wypełnione baśnią. Najważniejszym miejscem jest dom Mamusi i Tatusia Muminka: tu każdy może liczyć na pomoc i przyjaźń.
Published 1985 by Nasza Księgarnia (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about Lato Muminków, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lato Muminków

Miriam
Aug 16, 2014 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tove Jansson is really kind of amazing.

This is only the second books of hers I've read, the other being The Summer Book. I was impressed then by the subtlety of her writing and her nuanced depiction of complex, contradictory human beings, but I wasn't entirely surprised -- it was an adult book, written about people Jansson knew well personally. I was not expecting a short children's book about cute made up creatures to display the same level of insights into human nature and behavior. But it to
Katie
Apr 30, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the young at heart
When life gives you lemons, find an abandoned floating theater and make your absurdist masterpiece.
Stephen Curran
May 25, 2015 Stephen Curran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take all the self help manuals and holy books in the world, chuck them off a cliff, and replace them with this. The Moomins hold the key to a happy life. Volcanos? Great floods? Natural devastation? Separated families? To the Groke with them! Let's all light a lamp and have some marmalade with our tea!
Vea
Mieleen muistui selkeästi muumijakso, jonka olen nähnyt lapsena.
Pidin paljon, muumikirjat selvästi osaavat lumota iästä riippumatta.
Lena
Jun 22, 2017 Lena is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Underbart att höra Tove Jansson själv läsa!
Jun 23, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Ei ehkä lempimuumikirjani, mutta tykkäsin kuitenkin.
I've liked all Moomin books this far, but somehow this one appealed to me even more than usual. The writing style and the atmosphere of the story are exactly as magical as they should be on a Midsummer night, and despite the rather absurd and adventurous happenings the book left me with a very peaceful mood. There's almost something Shakespearean in this, even though there are no fairies. The play within the story is hilarious, and the whole theatre thing just made me laugh so much. I also fangi ...more
Deborah O'Carroll
Ack, I love it! *huggles book* Snufkin is my FAVORITE EVER! <3 He's so awesome and just the best! And what he did about the signs . . . and his twenty-four little woodies -- GAAHH SO CUUUUTE!!! <3 I about died from the adorableness and awesomeness of this. Also, I love Little My. She's hilarious. XD All in all, great little book! <3
Aino
Jun 08, 2017 Aino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Parasta.
Dane Martin
This book seems like it was written by an angel. I love the Moomin comic strip, as reprinted by Drawn and Quarterly, but I was not prepared for a dense, epic, beautiful journey that I was given here. This is as close as we're going to get to the world where Dr. Seuss wrote a novel. What a great thing this is.
Drew
Apr 11, 2015 Drew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_to_kids
I love these stories. They're ostensibly for children, but there's so much deep wisdom in these books that an adult mind will relish them. As I have been doing.

The book kicks off with the eruption of a volcano which causes a tsunami which floods Moominvalley, swamping the Moomin house up to the second floor. The reaction by the Moomins and their friends is one of resigned whimsy. Why not cut a hole in the floor in order to look down into the kitchen from above and see what it looks like underwat
Vasha7
May 29, 2011 Vasha7 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Among warm and comforting books for children, this has to be one of the warmest. It takes its character from Moominmamma, who greets every new event (however seemingly problematic) as a delightful experience; for instance, when a rising sea floods her house, she's charmed by how unfamiliar the kitchen looks seen underwater from the ceiling. Furthermore, she has a supreme lack of worry, saying, "Only bad people fare badly." This faith is of course entirely justified in this book's world; in fact, ...more
Vít Kotačka
Oct 06, 2014 Vít Kotačka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, nordic
Tohle léto bylo skutečně bláznivé. Považte - výbuch sopky, zaplavené Muminí údolí, rodina žije v plovoucím divadle přineseném povodní a Muminek ve vězení! A nikdo nedokáže čelit těmto katastrofám s větším klidem, než Muminkova maminka. I ty největší protivy pozve ke stolu a pohostí je tím, co zrovna má.

Ačkoliv výše zmíněné nepřízně osudu uvrhnou celé Muminí údolí do chaosu, není to truchlivý příběh, ba naopak - je to snad nejsrandovnější Muminí kniha, která si nezadá s bláznivýma francouzskýma k
Karl Orbell
Half way through the Moomin series. Another pleasant little adventure, if a tad weird. The Moomin family et al are flooded out by some volcano activity and take to the seas, somehow catching a lift in an adrift theatre. Certain family members get lost and go bobbing about elsewhere and, well, the usual weirdness ensues.

Snufkin wasn't in this until over half way through, though he does have a memorable criminal encounter with the despicable park keepers and has to hone his parenting skills, and t
Carmyn
I just love this book. It's a fine juxtaposition to be reading two Scandinavian authors at once... Jansson of Moomin fame and Stieg Larsson, who wrote the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. They are quite opposite and both fascinating in their own right.

I find the Moomins charming, funny, and always surprising. If you've never read them and enjoy a good children's story (along the lines of Winnie the Pooh with the wit of Pippi Longstocking) then you might enjoy these wacky and wonderful books.
Tuomas Saloranta
Jan 14, 2016 Tuomas Saloranta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nokkelasti rakennettu tarina kaikkine eri käänteineen ja näkökulmineen. Keskeiset hahmot ovat saaneet mukavasti syvyyttä persoonaansa, ja uusia jänniä tyyppejä riittää myös, vaikka näin lyhyessä mitassa osa suuresta hahmogalleriasta harmillisesti jää hieman sivuun etenkin kerronnan jakautuessa useampaan eri juonilinjaan. Miskasta ja Homssusta olisi mieluusti kuullut enemmänkin.
Mia
Dec 23, 2014 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Moomin books for the first time when I was about eight, and eighteen years later, I love them more than ever. These stories are sweet and silly, but they also explore existentialism and melancholy, and Jansson's prose is so good! Looking back, I really think she was one of my first writing teachers. And she saved me from seeing everything literally.
Julie Bettina
Sep 01, 2016 Julie Bettina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
How lovely to read about the Moomin family again!

I realised while reading this that I've watched the anime A LOT, as I was hearing the characters' voices in my head all the time. Such a nice and cozy evening read!
Les
Wonderful. Few things are more fun to read with my kids than the Moomins. Tove Jansson is one of a kind.
Bistra Ivanova
Jun 02, 2009 Bistra Ivanova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
това ще ми четат в леглото в близките месеци :-)
засега е супер!

***

ами както обикновено - мила и сладка книжчица, която разсмива, натъжава, замисля и създава детски уют в сърцето
Qt
Sep 08, 2013 Qt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, fantasy
I really like the Moomin books, and found this one as delightful and charming as the others I've read. A fun summer read!
Nelly
Jun 15, 2015 Nelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Så söt!
Siri Wohrne
Feb 17, 2015 Siri Wohrne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mycket rolig och charmig, mysig och underhållande!! :D Boken hade också sina stunder av spänning!♥
Toni  *Reviews & Randomness*
4 Stars

I really enjoy the mindset of the Moomins. Even when life gives them lemons they manage to remain positive overall even while worried. Something that I wish I was better at. There's lots of adventure in this one once again (although to find out exactly what you'll have to read it yourself). I continue to be glad that I kept reading these books.
Claudia
Jun 12, 2017 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moominsummer Madness by Tove Jansson is about moomins that were looking for a home. The first house they found was weird it made weird noises and they were mysteries rooms. I liked this book because its interesting, the part that was interesting was that what happen on the house that they went to go see. I recommend this book to my cousin because she loves reading books from Tove Jansson,
Kienie
May 14, 2017 Kienie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A weird one. There's revenge, jailbreak, theater, adoption. We get to see more of Snufkin beyond the usual silent, mysterious presence. We get to see other people being hospitable to the moomins. It's exciting.
Wayne S.
Do you know what Moomins are? They are a family of white, roundish fanciful creatures with large snouts like hippopotamuses and are the subjects of a series of nine children’s fairy tale like books written and illustrated by Tove Marika Jansson (1914–2001), a Swedish-speaking Finnish novelist, painter, illustrator, and comic strip author. There are Moominpappa, Moominmamma, their son Moomintroll, his girlfriend the Snork Maiden, and a host of other eccentric characters. The first such book, The ...more
Annina
Feb 27, 2013 Annina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember this better from TV than actually reading it, and I'm not sure if I ever completely read any of the moomin books as the child (except the picture books), but I know I've read at least part of this and the November one. I always liked this story and it's one that has stayed in my mind best of the moomin stories. As I remember it, the TV adaptation is pretty accurate, but when reading you get more of those funny little quirks there are in this.

So like I said, the moomins are dear to me
Megan Kirby
Apr 20, 2016 Megan Kirby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a flood chases the Moomin family from Moominvalley, they find a mysterious floating house--where all is not what it seems, obviously. During the voyage, Moomintroll and Snorkmaiden are lost, and what follows is a beautiful and funny weaving of plots until the reunion at the end.

The interwoven structure of this book, with three main groups of players (Snufkin, Moomin & Snorkmaiden, and the Moomin family in the floating theater), is done so expertly, with each group moving steadily forwar
Inga
Feb 02, 2013 Inga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Farlig Midsommar ist der finnische Originaltitel dieses im Jahre 1954 erschienenen Muminromans von Tove Jansson.
Der dem Mumintal nahegelegene Vulkan bricht aus und es entsteht ein Unwetter, das das Tal unter Wasser setzt. Mit der typischen Mumingelassenheit evakuiert die Familie und landet als Notunterkunft in einem schwimmenden Theater. Nur dass die Mumins natürlich nicht wissen, was ein Theater eigentlich ist. Mumin und das Snorkfräulein erleben noch ganz andere Abenteuer, als sie auf einem Ba
  • Koirien Kalevala
  • Tiitiäisen satupuu
  • Ronia, the Robber's Daughter
  • Sanovat sitä rakkaudeksi
  • Moomin: The Complete Lars Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 6
  • Mielensäpahoittaja
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Sudenmorsian
  • Uppo-Nalle (Uppo-Nalle, #1)
  • Pessi ja Illusia
  • The Unknown Soldier
  • Seven Brothers
  • Tove Jansson: sanat, kuvat, elämä
Tove Jansson was born and died in Helsinki, Finland. As a Finnish citizen whose mother tongue was Swedish, she was part of the Swedish-speaking Finns minority. Thus, all her books were originally written in Swedish.

Although known first and foremost as an author, Tove Jansson considered her careers as author and painter to be of equal importance.

Tove Jansson wrote and illustrated her first Moomin
More about Tove Jansson...

The Moomins (9 books)
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Comet in Moominland (The Moomins, #2)
  • Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3)
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Moominland Midwinter (The Moomins, #6)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominpappa at Sea (The Moomins, #8)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)

“A theatre is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd like to be if they dared to and what they really are” 98 likes
“I'll have to calm down a bit. Or else I'll burst with happiness” 60 likes