Start by marking “Celebrity Scarves” as Want to Read:
Celebrity Scarves

Celebrity Scarves

2.59 of 5 stars 2.59  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This is more than just a bestselling knitting book. In addition to the elegant, simple-to-make scarves, it features beautiful photo spreads of more than 25 celebrities--including Daryl Hannah, Julianna Margulies, Rosie Perez, Eartha Kitt, and Lauren Ambrose--a unique focus on fashion, and a foreword written by top designer Isaac Mizrahi.
An IPPY Award winner.

"A handsome b...more
Published May 1st 2005 by Sixth&Spring Books (first published April 15th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Celebrity Scarves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrity Scarves

Snorkle
I liked the layout of this book, it was clean-looking and refreshing, allowing the scarves to be the main focal point of the page. Since these are designed by celebrities and not knitting designers, these scarves are not extraordinarily hard or impressive. But I did like quite a few of them and wouldn't mind making my own, tailored after their designs. A couple had some neat little tricks that I stored away in my mind for future use. I loved the yarns they picked, they were so colorful and soft-...more
Ginny
A nicely put together book for a worthy cause. I liked how the scarves themselves were the focus, along with a little blurb on how each actor/actress came to learn how to knit and how they feel about it. (And good to see I'm in such good company!) However, the patterns aren't the most interesting, and though I thought they were all beautiful I didn't see anything that I wanted to make.
Y.L. Lael
Some of the patterns are fun, but there isn't as much variety as I had initially thought. So many of these scarves are simply made in garter stitch. I think it was more to showcase the cause (the proceeds from the book were donated to a cancer-fighting institution...I think).
Jessamine
Aug 23, 2007 Jessamine rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginner knitters
Shelves: knitting
If you're looking for a book with interesting scarf patterns, keep looking. If you're a beginning knitter with no textile experience, this might be more helpful for you - most of the scarves are in garter stitch using a variety of different yarns.
Evelyn Bryant
Light fluffy book with lots of scarves to to experiment with. Good for a beginner novice like myself who wants practice in being really comfortable with basic stitch patterns and different yarns and their textures.
stephanie
I couldn't see the actual scarves when I wanted to, but that's okay - they all looked super basic anyway.

parker posey is in this and her scarf looks like it shed all over her shirt. bummer!
Heywu
It was interesting to see the celebrity scarves and their pattern and yarn choices. In the end, I did not think I would knit any of the scarves.
Dee
Love the patterns in this, it utilizes nice textures & simple patterns to create dramtic scarves. Nice stories about the celebs who knit!
Rat de bibliothèque
Nov 09, 2008 Rat de bibliothèque rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Scarf-a-holics, knitters, people interested in celeb crafts
Could be meatier but really not bad
I got a few good ideas from it
Carrie
Carrie added it
Apr 23, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Aug 08, 2013
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Dorami Chan
Dorami Chan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Mialavezzi
Mialavezzi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013