Start by marking “The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Zelda, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Zelda, #8)

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (The Legend of Zelda #8)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  699 ratings  ·  31 reviews
On the day of the Picori Festival, Link and Princess Zelda go to watch the sword-fighting tournament. The winner is a strange man named Vaati, who has come to claim the Light Force which is sealed within the Bound Chest. When the Light Force turns up missing, Vaati turns Princess Zelda to stone! To save his friend, Link needs the power of the Picori Blade, but only a certa ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Perfect Square (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Zelda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira Himekawa
Best of The Legend of Zelda
6th out of 15 books — 23 voters
Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1 by Peach-PitKobato., Vol. 01 by CLAMPI Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 01 by Ema TōyamaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRose
adorable/cute manga's
14th out of 94 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Malachi
It was the day of the picori festival and link wanted to sword fighting. A strange man won ,but he didn't want money he wanted the light force. The light force was sealed up, but he would anything for it he started to turn Zelda into stone. Vaati is to strong for link and if he doesn't beat him Zelda will be stone forever. Link gets the picori blade and brawls out with Vaati and with the strength of link and the picori blade they defeated Vaati and Zelda was brought back to life.

I took this book
Deni Marosok
I just love this book. I love how LInk turns mini and meets the Legendary Picori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Minish Cap is a great book and the stories and adventures are jsut amazing!!! Just because Link turns small doesn't mean the adventure begins there!! The adventure starts as soon as you open the first page!!!!! Going to the magical world of the Picori is amazing!!
Valentina Bellettini
E' piuttosto raro che io valuti una lettura con una o due stelle, ma è cosa ancor più rara che io dia un giudizio tale quando si tratta di Zelda. Le opere di Miyamoto e soci (questo è un titolo sviluppato dalla Capcom) sono magiche, epiche, appassionanti; se le Akira Himekawa sono comunque riuscite ad essere all'altezza con la conversione manga di "Ocarina of Time", "Majora's Mask" e "Four Swords +", non si può dire che qui abbiano fatto lo stesso.
La storia di "Minish Cap" narra del giovanissim
Andre
This book was kind of weird. The nearly chibi-like style suggests a very light story with lots of humor but then they threw in some misguided master – student relations that are pretty easily resolved in the end. They throw in the fae like Minish which seemingly world bending powers whom only children can see and some monsters that were just sealed away. Not to mention the whole inheritance of Force thing.
A lot doesn't really make sense(view spoiler)
Allison
Since I'm in the middle of the game, I picked up the manga for fun while on a lunch break. I wish I hadn't. To start, I'm not a big fan of the manga medium. I don't like having to flip right to left. I don't like reading right to left. It takes me too much out of the story. I also spoiled the game for myself, provided the game still follows the story. That was dumb. Most particularly though, I was disappointed in the changes they made. The first dungeon alone, I was waiting for a very particular ...more
Arianna
It is of course a quite classical plot for what concerns the Legend of Zelda's comics, however, I found this story more of my taste. Maybe because finally it was not the version number 200 of the same plot, maybe because there was some element of unpredictability, maybe because there and then it was also quite funny.
But Link is the hero, something evil appears and make Zelda becomes a stone statue, what shall he do if not just trying to save her, somehow?
He will have to go around the realm in o
Callie Stuck
Seemed a bit rushed but it's a manga so I expected it to be a bit rushed
David Resendiz
awesome way to learn another language
Link101
I love this book so far please read!
Justin G
I am reading: Legend of Zelda: Minish cap. I really like it when Link finds Ezlo, it shows some good and bad chemistry between them. Though it was a fantasy the author really brought Link to life by showing his silly but heroic aditude. Link's Origen is from a video game that author Akira Himekawa brought to life. This isn't Ms.Himekawa has made, she has done nine other Legend of Zelda manga. Also I think that link can be silly or heroic at even the scariest moments. And that summaries my report ...more
Kari Ramirez
The Legend of Zelda manga series is a collection of 10 books that are written in collaboration by two women, A. Honda & S. Nagano. When they started they played all the games so they could get an idea of the story and then they sat an elaborated to create the books.

There's a great attention to detail from Link to his companions to the enemies he fights. It's so much more interesting to read the conversations and see the familiar places from the games from a different perspective.
Selena
It felt rushed, but also like nothing worth noting happened. The art felt strange, even for "Toon Link," and only the Piccori appealed to me aesthetically.

I never played Minish Cap, so I'm not sure how this compares with the game version.
Adam
Three in a half stars, actually.
I liked it alot better than some of the other Zelda books, but its not the best.
I think the middle was too long, and it should have been shortened so that the ten paged epic ending battler could have been more like 40 pages. And after the battle, he resolution was kinda corny, with some of the people feeling bad for the bad guy...
Love the art and the overall plot, though! Very creative!
Kerry Paginton
I love this game on the gameboy advance but it was the manga that I read first that really made me want to play it. I love the companion of Ezlo and think it was very clever of the creators of the game to bring Link's hat to life and allow the gamers find out how he got the hat in the first place. The manga is exceptionally cute and inspired me to draw many pictures from it of the Picori and their rosy cheeks :)
Sandra Gallegos
Genial como sus cinco predecesores. Me ha encantado la historia, tan fiel al videojuego, y también los golpes de humor, sobre todo por parte de Ezero. Sin embargo, creo que a este cómic le falta algo... ¿Más madurez, quizá? ¿Más profundidad? Puede ser, porque claro, Link y Zelda aún son niños, mientras que en los demás cómics son algo mayores...
En general, muy chulo y en la línea de los anteriores.
C-chan
This is my absolute favourite Zelda game of all time, so I noticed (and was bugged) by some of the changes in the novelization more. Like kinstones being explained by someone other than the Hurdy Gurdy man. But they kept the art style and it was so cute and I did love it regardless. Truthfully, I would give it a 4.5 if half-marks were allowed here.
Sophie
The Minish Cap is probably my favourite Legend of Zelda game, mostly because of Ezlo. therefore, i really enjoyed reading this manga, although i was a bit annoyed by the changes in the novelization. the art is amazing though.

Elena
I liked this book in that series not only because the art work was incredibly adorable but also because the story was really goods too, at times I felt bad for the villain which makes you know that their character was thought out well, I would recommend this book to anyone that likes the series or just stories like that.
Shadow
I have never read a Zelda book before so this was my first one and I LOOOOOOOOOVED it!!! :D and to think, less than a month ago I thought the Zelda stuff was geeky......
Aria Ahmer
This was so close to the video game and I love both! :) Brought back memories! This manga was so adorable and funny! :D
Danielle
This was my first Legend of Zelda manga, and I really enjoy it. The art is fantastic and the plot is interesting.
Samuel
I liked the art in this one alot. The author di a pretty good job of converting the game's story into manga.
Duncanwm
Another amazing book from a great series. The art is amazing and its awesome.
Katie
I love this book and it's so cool 5 stars :D
Miss Abernathy
Ezero me ha resultado un personaje muy divertido.
Michael Bloom
I really want to play this now
Vicky
Link is so cute and cheerful.
Meea
It was hillarious!!!!!!!!!
Annette
It is the awesomest book ever
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2)
  • The Pokémon Elite
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii Version) -- Collector's Edition
  • The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy: I Link Therefore I Am
  • The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
  • Trigun Maximum Volume 4: Bottom of the Dark: Bottom of the Dark v. 4
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 01
  • Pandora Hearts 10
Akira Himekawa is the collaboration of two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano. Together they have created nine manga adventures featuring Link and the popular video game world of The Legend of Zelda, including Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords. Their most recent work, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, was serialized in Shogaku Rokunensei.
More about Akira Himekawa...

The Legend of Zelda (10 books)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 1 (Zelda, #1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 2 (Zelda, #2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Zelda, #3)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Zelda, #4)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Zelda, #5)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 1 (Zelda, #6)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 2 (Zelda, #7)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda, #9)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Zelda, #10)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 1 (Zelda, #1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 2 (Zelda, #2) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Zelda, #3) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 1 (Zelda, #6) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Zelda, #4)