Start by marking “The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion: Revolutionary Program That Lets You Rediscover the Body's Power to Rejuvenate It” as Want to Read:

No one is immune. For people from champion athletes to desk-bound white-collar professionals, many simple acts of life--a relaxing evening stroll through the neighborhood, an exhilarating run along a sandy beach, just bending down to tie a loose shoelace-are often acts of torture. The walking wounded suffer from torn rotator cuffs, tennis elbow, jogger's knees, bad backs, ...more
Published August 4th 1993 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion

Kate
Aug 19, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
This was a great book written in a very accessible manner. It was also interesting to see Egoscue take primitive humans as the model for how he thinks we should continue to live in the world; he seems to have anticipated the primal/paleo craze by around a decade at least. To me, his main message is that the human body was designed to be in motion, and if we do not give it the motion (and also kind of motion) it is designed for, our bodies may then become dysfunctional, meaning that our proper al ...more
Jesus Rodriguez
May 05, 2014 Jesus Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
This book has the potential to be a life-saving book. This gets four stars because Pete Egoscue is not the most engaging writer in my opinion. However, this book is not about great writing. The information here is critical for anyone. Proper body function, as I learned through this book, plays a huge role in much of the pain and agony we go through with our bodies.

For Egoscue, it's as simple as reintroducing the body to do what its made to do... Move.

This book was incredibly helpful for me. I'm
Seth
Aug 30, 2016 Seth rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Do yourself a favor and don’t read this book. The author is completely obnoxious and comes across as a cranky old man complaining about modern life and I felt, with little hyperbole, that he thinks we were better off living as cave men. He makes a lot of big and sometimes false statements with practically no sources cited beyond himself. I understand the point of the book is to improve the functioning of the body and despite the obnoxiousness I am going to do the exercises to try to fix the ever ...more
Breena
May 30, 2013 Breena rated it it was amazing
I think that this is a must read for anyone who is desirous to be aware of the health of their body. The concept is simply that your bone structure is made so perfectly that when aligned as it is meant to be, 100s of problems simple don't exist. As a music teacher I am constantly on the look out for proper positioning at the keyboard. I have noticed that it is getting harder to get a child to sit up straight. They complain of back pain having rarely to never used those muscles before! I agree th ...more
Tina Fairlamb-Leonard
"Don't get the mistaken impression that the Egoscue Method is going to fix you... No way. You're going to do the fixing"

Now ain't that a different mind-set for taking responsibility for chronic pain!

Just finished reading the book... looks like I may be Condition 1 (need to redo the diagnosis w/ my Physical Therapist, Coach and Yoga instructor), so it'll be a few weeks/months before I see/feel any benefits... we'll see.

I'm hopeful!
Shelly
Apr 14, 2013 Shelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Much of what is said (besides the exercises) is what I've thought about for awhile. I liked seeing these ideas written beyond my own head. The exercises look helpful. I've started them and they look useful for almost anyone.
Edf
May 25, 2016 Edf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Was looking at surgery for my ankle, doctor's all said it was necessary (went to several). Then found this book. Now I am pain free and did not need surgery! Anyone in pain should read this book it WILL change your life.
P
May 28, 2013 P rated it it was ok
I think he makes some good points and has some good advice, but it is a fairly confusing book and it's interactive in the sense that you need to measure, look at yourself in the mirror, etc. and all kinds of other annoying stuff.
Valko Yotov
Aug 14, 2014 Valko Yotov rated it it was amazing
The best fitness and physical health guide ever. Highly recomended book from an author who has excellent experience in phisiotherapy and recovery and has created the perfect fitness and health improvement guide. You must read it if you want to be healthy and in good physical shape.
Andrea Bishop
Apr 27, 2008 Andrea Bishop is currently reading it
I am currently trying to read.
Mckinley
Jun 27, 2011 Mckinley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
This works. When I first started it, I did it daily and felt a lot less back discomfort. I've come back to it over the years since I don't do it daily anymore.
Rebekah
Apr 08, 2010 Rebekah rated it really liked it
The writing in the book isn't phenomenal (think the same story over and over), but the exercises have really helped with chronic foot pain that had been keeping me from running.
May 29, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion: Revolutionary Program That Lets You Rediscover the Body's Power to Rejuvenate It by Pete Egoscue (1993)
Sam
Nov 28, 2009 Sam rated it it was amazing
A great companion to Egoscue's Pain-Free book. More clinical, but awesome for anyone in the health/fitness/rehab field.
Jackson Matthews
Jan 08, 2013 Jackson Matthews rated it it was amazing
It is hard to do this, but it seems to be working.
Yes, I love this. There are some other books in the series, but I am trying to get through this first one first. I feel hopeful.
Lincoln
Oct 17, 2011 Lincoln rated it really liked it
I think I liked his book pain free better, but did pick up some learning about a couple of common scenarios for dysfunctional bodies in this day and age.
Simoroshka
Simoroshka rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2013
Yash Chheda
Yash Chheda rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
kirt mcmaster
kirt mcmaster rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2013
Jimmy
Jimmy rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
M. Thomas
M. Thomas rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
SometimesIWonder
SometimesIWonder rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Jason Mortenson
Jason Mortenson rated it really liked it
May 28, 2015
Rick Mathes
Rick Mathes rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Richelle Knowles
Richelle Knowles rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Alyska
Alyska rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Whartons' Stretch Book
  • Relearning to See: Improve Your Eyesight -- Naturally!
  • The Concise Book of Muscles
  • 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot
  • Travell  Simons' Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual: Two Volume Set: Second Edition/Volume 1 and First Edition/Volume 2
  • A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior
  • Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
  • Soldier from the War Returning: The Greatest Generation's Troubled Homecoming from World War II
  • Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists
  • Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities
  • A Wrestling Life: The Inspiring Stories of Dan Gable
  • Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
  • Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice
  • Cholesterol Clarity: What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers?
  • Kettlebell - Simple & Sinister
  • The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular YOU!
  • Trail Guide to the Body: How to locate the body's muscles, bones and more (Third Edition)
  • Body by Science: A Research-Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week