Start by marking “Intelligence is not Enough” as Want to Read:
Intelligence is not Enough

Intelligence is not Enough

Book by Edward de Bono
Published 2009 by Westland Limited (first published June 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Intelligence is not Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intelligence is not Enough

Atul Sabnis
For a long time, we have all been besotted by intelligence and intelligent people. "I didn't understand a word he said, he must be very intelligent," is an oft heard statement.

De Bono makes the distinction between intelligence and thinking-skill.

He uses an example of the power of eyesight and the ability to look in the right direction. Without the ability to look in the right direction, your power of eyesight is pretty useless.

From somewhere in the middle of the book, however, it all seemed to b
Tuong Van
May 20, 2013 Tuong Van rated it really liked it
A rather short book, clear-cut and simple, organising all ideas into place. Just when it starts to get interesting at creativity: asymmetric pattern, challenge, concept extraction, concept fan, provocation, movement and random entry, operacy, and 'ago ergo erigo', it abruptly ends.
Anyway, to my short attention span, maybe this is good idea, each book is just long enough to concentrate on absorbing one idea, and then an outline to link them together like this.
Now I need to read the other books.
Ambika Rani
Jun 14, 2015 Ambika Rani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: management
A very short and sweet book filled with all the important concepts highlighted throughout Edward De Bono's books.

Primarily this book says

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven."

It touches upon all of his significant achievements by making even average intelligent people into skilled thinkers ultimately making them perform 10 times more than that of the intelligent
Parth Agrawal
Jun 30, 2016 Parth Agrawal rated it it was amazing
Simply an eye opener. I want to share an instance of mine, today only my teacher of economics was saying that the problem with our generation is that everything is getting lost behind the loudness of vogue or trend which is a prominent, if not the only, reason that we are bereft of quality at our disposal. Quality stuff you say? Right here!!.
Readers can expect philosophical bend in this book which will shatter a lot of myths that prevail in this world. It's 62 pages only so go for it:)
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Oct 01, 2012 Aruna Kumar Gadepalli rated it really liked it
Shelves: teachers
This book deals with how intelligence needs to be put in to action for the creative use of intelligence. Education according to De Bono needs "operacy" ie., putting in to action what is learnt is important.
Vikas Patil
Apr 10, 2010 Vikas Patil rated it it was ok
this book is nice but I think so, it is incomplete one. to understand whole factors one need to read other books of the author. some times it seems that it criticizes the intelligent individual.
Ravinder
Jan 17, 2014 Ravinder rated it liked it
A quick overview of De Bono's various ideas that he never tires of sharing by saying "I created". Yes, Edward, we know.
Pallavi
Pallavi rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Amjad Hussain
Amjad Hussain rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2014
Muhammad Shemyal Nisar
Muhammad Shemyal Nisar rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Sharon Chrysilla
Sharon Chrysilla rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Darren
Darren rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Deepak Singh Bisth
Deepak Singh Bisth rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Gulam Ahsan
Gulam Ahsan rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Omar Mahmood
Omar Mahmood rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Ashutosh Karhale
Ashutosh Karhale rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Weilian
Weilian rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2015
Sonja Žarić
Sonja Žarić rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Ram
Ram rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Karthik R
Karthik R rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Corinne Rodrigues
Corinne Rodrigues rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Izzati
Izzati rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2014
Bablu Sharma
Bablu Sharma rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Sravani Reddy k
Sravani Reddy k rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Navin Bangaruswamy
Navin Bangaruswamy rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Nikhil
Nikhil rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2012
Melissa Hazelwood
Melissa Hazelwood rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Rajeev Kumar
Rajeev Kumar rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2012
Nabila Adam
Nabila Adam rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Tony Stevenson
Tony Stevenson rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2013
Edward de Bono is a British physician, author, inventor, and consultant. He is best known as the originator of the term lateral thinking (structured creativity) and the leading proponent of the deliberate teaching of thinking in schools.
More about Edward de Bono...