Start by marking “Zabil jsem Adolfa Hitlera” as Want to Read:
Zabil jsem Adolfa Hitlera

Zabil jsem Adolfa Hitlera

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,254 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Nápaditý komiks francouzského autora.

Nájemný zabiják za peníze zlikviduje kohokoli, kdo vám ublížil, kdo vám brání v kariéře, po kom potřebujete dědit… anebo kdo vám prostě leze na nervy. Najednou dostane podivnou zakázku: vrátit se ve stroji času do minulosti a zabít Adolfa Hitlera. Věc má ale ten háček, že energie stačí stroji na cestu tam a zpět – pak se bude padesát le
Published 2008 by BB art (first published October 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Zabil jsem Adolfa Hitlera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zabil jsem Adolfa Hitlera

Archit Ojha
Aug 11, 2016 Archit Ojha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Archit by: Scarlet
Shelves: ebooks
Crisp dry humor.

With bone chilling coldness, minimalist graphics and dysfunctional families - the world has a darker side. Where assassination is as legit as driving. Where people hire killers to do the justice, or rather the justice they think should be delivered.

The coldness with which the "hits" are carried out are downright a blow to your guts. How a failed relationship tugs out to be fatal.

And of course the assassination of Adolf Hitler that has not gone as planned.

The protagonist may have
Pooja
Aug 15, 2016 Pooja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pooja by: Archit Ojha
Shelves: ebooks
I didn't know that excellency can be shown by someone in mere 48 pages, until I read this graphic novel.

Having prior and thorough interest in World War 2, Adolf Hitler, thinking most of the time what could have been done differently and what could have been in alternate reality, this book and title itself was certainly to grab my attention and this is what this book turned to be, about alternative realities which was enjoyable.

I've read Hey Wait by Jason which as I reader I think I've done a fav
Sam Quixote
Jun 15, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only Norwegian artist Jason could tell a turbulent love story and somehow work in a plot to travel back in time and kill Hitler.

Set in a world where assassinations are a legit business, a hitman is given the biggest job of his career: kill Adolf Hitler! But the job goes wrong and Hitler makes it to the future, stranding the hitman in the past. What becomes of them both, and what of the love of his life that the hitman leaves in the future?

Like all of Jason’s books, I Killed Adolf Hitler is wond
Saddam Bouchaib
This was good...I think? good idea, so funny,i enjoyed the story, but it was short i expected more.
Seth T.
Jun 10, 2009 Seth T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I wasn't quite sure what to expect with I Killed Adolph Hitler. The single preview page I saw was the one in which our hero enters and emerges from the time machine. It is silent and so I presumed that the book itself might be one of those silent comics. Additionally, the preview blurb on the book's back cover evoked the image of an adventurous thrill ride. Thankfully, both presumptions were mistaken.

The mononymous author, Jason, crafts instead a work with both subtlety and dialogue (and often
Trebro
Feb 01, 2008 Trebro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicnovels
Those of you who follow along at home with me will know Jason's style by now--simplistic panels with minimal (or no) words, telling an achingly depressing story along the way.

This one's no different--our protagonist is a killer for hire who has a girlfriend with a kink for guns. He goes about his life as normal when gets a rather unusual request--get in a time machine and kill Adolf Hitler.

Simple, easy, no?

Things start to go wrong, and the next thing we know, Hitler's alive and well and in th
Allie
Oh man, am I ever on board with this. Super wonderful minimalism, time travel, some sort of weird world with hired killers killing people constantly, and killing hitler. Well I'm not on board with that concept in real life, but in this context is so strange I can't help it! The dialog was really perfect and the overall story arc was so satisfying. I definitely recommend this if you like things weird and dark.
Kavita Ramesh
Feb 15, 2016 Kavita Ramesh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just one word....

atla
I'd give this another star, maybe, but the artwork was really frustrating. It was simplistic, which is fine, and would have been effective if he'd made the male characters easier to tell apart. I had to keep flipping back to earlier pages to see which character was wearing a tie, or a jacket over his blue shirt, etc. However, I enjoyed the story, and it was certainly worth the 45 minutes it took to read it.
Meem
Jun 26, 2013 Meem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. :D
Even though I've never been interested in Hitler.
Ashwathi Pillai
Feb 29, 2016 Ashwathi Pillai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Wow, this was really good. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started reading this. The initial strips were a bit boring but I loved how it ended.
مصطفي سليمان

المهم بيروح بيتقبض عليه وبيهرب وهتلر بيركب الة الزمن وبيرجع للعصر الحديث

بيقتله وبيروح يطلب مساعدة بيطلع لس
Norman Kim
May 20, 2016 Norman Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa a surprise masterpiece! I put this one off for so long even though it's so short, but I'm glad I finally decided to read it. Wasn't a fan of the art from the get go, but I'm not sure I've read much of Jason's stuff before - all the deadpan expressions are really spot on with the overall nondramatic attitude of the story as a whole. Sure, it's pretty messed up and there's a bit of somewhat gratuitous shock-value violence, but everything seems very blasé to me because ultimately it's not abou ...more
Ashique Majeed
Ever wonder how Hitler died? Well, here is your answer, "I Killed Adolf Hitler!!"
I saw one of my friend had given 5 stars to this book, it really caught my attention. When I find out it's just 48 pages, I thought just give it a try. I searched online for a copy, for my luck many of the websites provide a free online copy.
I am still wondering how did the author capsuled this wonderful story to this small size. This book changed my perspective about the graphic novels. This book has stolen a place
Mike Kleine
Aug 05, 2012 Mike Kleine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like that Jason’s I Killed Adolf Hitler is a strange story.

And I like that it's not strange in the sense that weird-things-keep-happening-and-I-have-no-clue-as-to-what-is-really-going-on, but strange in the sense that things are not as they seem.

I like that it’s the kind of story where two people could be reading the same pages, at the same time, and, in the end, still develop two very different opinions/interpretations. That's cool.

Also, I like that everything is made to be super plain and
Deb
Feb 05, 2008 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who are secretly romantics at heart but don't want others to know
In a reality where hitmen can be hired as easily as one would hire a detective or request meat from a butcher, the main character is hired by a scientist to travel back in time and kill Hitler. The catch: the time machine can only make one journey into the past every 50 years, so the hitman has only one chance to get it right.

The main plot entwines with the sub-plot until you're not sure which is more important; time travel interferes with the awkwardness of putting to rest a former relationshi
cecille
Dec 20, 2012 cecille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a world where anyone can hire an assassin and killing people in public is commonplace, what happens when someone is commissioned to travel in time and eliminate Adolf Hitler?

The anthropomorphic animals and the violence may be unsettling to some, but Jason (pseudonym of Norwegian comic book artist John Arne Sæterøy) manages to tell a thought-provoking story about morality and love in less than 50 pages without spoon-feeding it to the reader. Well-deserving of the Eisner Award it received in 20
Leonardo
May 14, 2015 Leonardo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-digital, graphics
Ja! Que delirio. Es divertido.
Jason
I've read this a couple of times already, and each time I love it more. It's hard for me to put into words what I love about Jason's stories, but I had a couple new thoughts after rereading this. His stories are never as much about the main events of the plot as it is about how the main events of the plot affect the characters. I also noticed that Jason never reveals what his characters are thinking except through dialogue, which contributes to a really powerful atmosphere of mystery around his ...more
Matt Mendoza
Jul 10, 2015 Matt Mendoza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I got into comics, I did so for the unconventional ways they tell unconventional stories. When you're young, you basically have to be lucky to get into comics. They don't teach them in elementary school, so that leaves growing up in a comic shop or relying on your parents. I was lucky enough to experience the former and when I discovered comics, Batman and Superman didn't appeal to me. What hooked me was the weird stuff. Knights of the Dinner Table, Strangers in Paradise, Box Office Poison, ...more
Mariano Lastiri
Sep 14, 2015 Mariano Lastiri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encanta la idea de jugar con la expectativa. Y nadie mejor que Jason, uno de los mayores astros del comic escandinavo. Acá, el titulo es medio engañoso. La trama gira en la figura del líder máximo del nacionalsocialismo, pero al mismo tiempo es un elemento anécdotica que sirve de disparador de la problemática principal. No quiero decir demasiado, porque eso develaría una trama de por si fascinante, lleno de vueltas y interesantes reflexiones por parte de los protagonistas. Del dibujo de Jason ...more
Stewart Tame
Oct 01, 2014 Stewart Tame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason creates inscrutable comics. There's a quiet emptiness to his all but expressionless animal-headed people that's hard to describe, but impossible to get enough of. In this book, a hired killer is contracted to travel to the past and kill Adolf Hitler. Naturally, things don't go that smoothly. Jason is Norwegian, so perhaps that explains the cold, empty stillness that pervades his work. Or not. In any case, if you're unfamiliar with his books, this is an excellent one to start with.
Alexander Lisovsky
Jul 10, 2016 Alexander Lisovsky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sunday-read
Очень странное, необычное повествование в виде строгого, восьмипанельного отстранённого сюрреализма. Поначалу вообще не понятно, что происходит, автор не даёт никаких вводных, не ведёт читателя за ручку, а просто приоткрывает дверь в параллельную вселенную. Потом сюжет закручивается (описание книги здесь на goodreads, кстати, с адскими спойлерами), в конце достигает сразу нескольких холодных, норвежских, отстранённых климаксов, на волне которых хочется сразу же перелистнуть книжку в начало и рас ...more
Suzanne
This was good...I think? For one thing, it was just way too short for my liking...I wish I had more time to get into it. The premise was weirdly interesting yet the book still managed to end up being even weirder than I had expected. Regardless, I'm still going to lend this out to a few friends 'cause it's worth the 10 minutes it takes to read (okay, 20 if you want to take your time looking at the pictures) as it is oddly interesting.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
The visual style is pure clare ligne, lovingly detailed architecture and neat, lucid layouts. The anthropomorphic animal chracters are stylised and unsettling rather than childishly cute. The story is a time-travelling roller coaster with dollops of characterisation. It's like a Kelly Link story, poised between the quotidian and the weird without short-changing either.
Washington Centerville Public Library
One theme that nearly always crops up in the science fiction that is one of my main reading staples is time travel. A well written time travel story is both perplexing and satisfying. However, I have rarely seen the intricacies of a time travel story addressed in such a minimalist, deadpan style as I Killed Adolf Hitler. The story is set in a world where anyone can hire a contract killer for any reason, be it dysfunctional relatives to boorish neighbors. Needless to say, this profession is in hi ...more
zaCk S
Mar 27, 2012 zaCk S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
when i finish a book this good, and notice that it was published 5 YEARS ago, all i can think of is how i could've been feeling this happy a long time ago. you can stop the clocks, this is going to easily be the coolest book i read in 2012. thanks for playing
Kiwinyx
Jan 21, 2015 Kiwinyx rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
This was my introduction to the graphic novelist Jason and I gather it is a perfect example of his visual style and story pace. In a world where assassin is a normalised job like a delivery man, a despondent professional killer is offered a job to go back in time and kill Adolf Hitler. He accepts although things do not all go to plan.

Now, I did enjoy this book although I would have preferred just a wee bit more. From this point in the story there were so many possibilities to explore and I feel
Aug 27, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not really sure how to put my thoughts on this book into words. On the surface, its simplicity and minimalistic style seem strange, but somehow it all works. Jason's graphic novels are always extremely unique and very striking. Often when I read his works I finish it and I just think "What did I just read?" but then it kind of sinks in and I realize it has more depth than I originally assumed. The love story in this one was particularly strange, what with the circumstances and all, but it still ...more
أحمد ناجي
  • Ganges #1
  • Sleepwalk and Other Stories
  • Mister Wonderful: A Love Story
  • Mother, Come Home
There are multiple authors with this single name, but Goodreads is unable to differentiate between them. The most prominent is the author below.

John Arne Sæterøy (born 16 May 1965 in Molde), better known by the pen name Jason, is a Norwegian cartoonist, known for his sparse drawing style and silent, anthropomorphic animal characters.

He has been nominated for two Ignatz Awards (2000: Outstanding St