Start by marking “Men of Influence: The Potential of the Priesthood to Lift the World” as Want to Read:
Men of Influence: The Potential of the Priesthood to Lift the World

Men of Influence: The Potential of the Priesthood to Lift the World

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In this sequel to his bestselling book Men of Valor, Robert L. Millet describes how men can become men of influence, thereby blessing their families and neighborhoods even the world. How are we enabled to receive the Lord s power? Brother Millet explains that maturing spiritually isn't accomplished merely by being active in the Church and holding a current temple recommend ...more
Published May 13th 2009 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about Men of Influence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Men of Influence

Judith
Women should read this book to sustain the priesthood in their lives.
The responsibility of the priesthood is so much more then I realized. Seeing how men magnify their callings helps me to appreciate the priesthood. They have a world to save in and our of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We all need to "Go to Work!"
Since we all want to meet God we should find out how and reading "Men of Influence" is the beginning to do so.
Jessica
I would probably say 3.5 stars. I liked it, but sometimes it got to the point of "can I hurry up and finish this book so I can move on" kind of feeling. There were some parts that were AWESOME and really made me think of the importance of the priesthood. The Priesthood really is an amazing blessing and I am grateful that I have been blessed with it in my home growing up and that I will have it for all eternity in my own family.
Tony
I really enjoyed this book. I thought Millet did a great job of not just expressing his own opinions, but in referencing them to general authority quotes. Its the type of book that is a quick read and you walk away wanting to do better with your life.
Ryan
Robert Millet discusses important aspects of becoming a more effective and even powerful bearer of the priesthood. From more meaningful prayer to greater knowledge of gospel truth to stronger faith, men can develop greater power in the priesthood.
Kirt
This book is really well written and organized and a great reminder of things that I should be doing. I've known men in my life who exemplified the power of God and reading this book reminded me of the feeling that I had around them.
Jim Davis
My understanding of the Power of God and my potential to use that power was magnified after this quick read. It was inspiring and uplifting.
Josh
Really great book about using the priesthood to benefit the lives' of others. I recommend it and also Men of Valor by the same other.
Ridgeline
This book is one I hope my sons will read and take to heart the depth of importance it is to honor and utilize the priesthood.
Shane
I like Millet's writing style and insights, more autobiographical than I expected.
Kirk
A bit preachy for my taste. Men of Valor was better. More inspirational.
Rebecca
Another insightful Robert Millet book. He is such a great author!
Brent
Good book to read. Thought provoking.
Susan
Eh. It's kind of all over the place.
Branton
Another Outstanding book by Robert Millet! I HIGHLY recommend it for ALL priesthood holders and for anyone who is married to a priesthood holder or knows one or for anyone who wants to learn about life, prayer, and learning by the Spirit!
Chris Haleua
Chris Haleua marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Adarowski
Adarowski marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lukas
Lukas is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
Steve Mickelson
Steve Mickelson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Dorcus
Dorcus marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Robert L. Millet, professor of ancient scripture and former dean of Religious Education at Brigham Young University, holds a master s degree in psychology from BYU and a Ph.D. in religious studies from Florida State University. He is a popular speaker and prolific writer whose other books include Lost and Found: Reflections on the Prodigal Son; Grace Works; and More Holiness Give Me. He and his wi ...more
More about Robert L. Millet...
Men of Valor: The Powerful Impact of a Righteous Man Talking with God: Divine Conversations That Transform Daily Life Grace Works Are We There Yet? When a Child Wanders