Start by marking “Censored 2010: The Top 25 Censored Stories of 2008#09” as Want to Read:
Censored 2010: The Top 25 Censored Stories of 2008#09

Censored 2010: The Top 25 Censored Stories of 2008#09

The yearly volumes of Censored, in continuous publication since 1976 and since 1995 available through Seven Stories Press, is dedicated to the stories that ought to be top features on the nightly news, but that are missing because of media bias and self-censorship. The top stories are listed democratically in order of importance according to students, faculty, and a nation ...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Seven Stories Press (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Censored 2010, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Censored 2010

Chris
Project Censored, I believe, would not approve of the GR deletions.
Beth
Feb 17, 2010 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Great content that is also horribly depressing. A painful look at how little true journalism is left in the US, recent stories that should have received coverage but didn't, as well as a look at big junk stories that did get tremendous coverage. There is an attempt at optimism at the end, by presenting past censored stories that finally got some deserved coverage, but ultimately - even if only a fraction of this book is accurate, and I suspect most of it is -- is is a devasting indictment of how ...more
Andrew Yoder
Apr 28, 2010 Andrew Yoder rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The one thing about this book is the price - the top 25 Censored Stories of 2008-2009 are really powerful, but that comprises only about 50 pages of the entire book. If that's all you are interested in, best to just read from the website.

The remainder of the book contains all kinds of information on Media Censorship as well as updates on past year's Project Censored stories - if anything has happened with the stories, any change in media coverage, etc.

I found the entire book to be pretty valuab
Sherry
Dec 27, 2010 Sherry rated it really liked it
Very good book. It had a lot of stories in it. Some of the stories I had never heard of..such as the one dealing with the question of whether water is a commodity or a right. That supports their claim that the mainstream press in the US doesn't really cover the news. They also have a website which I looked up after reading the book. A good place to look for real news.
Steve
Apr 24, 2012 Steve rated it it was amazing
Everytime I read one of these, I get really pissed off. That's why it took me 2 years to get around to this one, I guess.
Angelica
Feb 09, 2012 Angelica rated it really liked it
Illuminating and worth the read. Please, everyone who wants to be a well-informed citizen, PICK UP THIS BOOK NOW.
Samantha
Dec 26, 2010 Samantha rated it really liked it
I'm number 21
FT
FT rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Tiff
Tiff marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Azniv
Azniv marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Leonardo
Leonardo marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Eulla
Eulla rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Klaus
Klaus marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Lesley Thomas
Lesley Thomas rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Michael Patterson
Michael Patterson rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Tes
Tes rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Christopher Goins
Christopher Goins marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2014
Luis Almaguer
Luis Almaguer rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Anastasia Vari
Anastasia Vari marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jones Wambugu
Jones Wambugu rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Sharn
Sharn added it
Aug 16, 2016
Anna Rebel
Anna Rebel rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Daniel Gibson
Daniel Gibson rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2013
Janelle Chamness
Janelle Chamness marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013