Start by marking “PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)” as Want to Read:
PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)

PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto #6)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  1,139 ratings  ·  33 reviews

A new vision based on Astro Boy - "The Greatest Robot On Earth" R to L (Japanese Style). Pluto… Sahad… Goji… Abullah… Mysterious figures somehow involved with the serial murders of the great robots of the world. Europol's top robot detective Gesicht has been put on the case, and he's mere steps away from discovering the horrifying truth behind the killer and his motives… L
Published November 17th 2009 by VIZ Media (first published July 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about PLUTO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PLUTO

Agne Jakubauskaite
Mar 31, 2015 Agne Jakubauskaite rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: science fiction fans
Recommended to Agne by: Panels & Pages Book Group
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

“Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006” by Naoki Urasawa and Takashi Nagasaki is the sixth book in an eight-book science fiction manga series Pluto. The whole series is based on “The Greatest Robot on Earth,” the most popular story arc in Astro Boy series written by a legendary manga master Osamu Tezuka.

Five out of the seven great robots of the world are destroyed, but the mysterious villain and his motive are still unknown. Despite his compromised physical condition and shaken me
Mikael Kuoppala
End begins to draw near with "Pluto," and the sixth volume of the total eight reflects that. There is a sense of imminent finality present, and all the numerous divergent plot lines begin to merge and move forward at an escalating speed. The roller coaster ride has started, but the quiet, lyrical and deeply observant approach hasn't gone anywhere.
Kamillah
3.5 stars: As the hunt for the serial murderer of the greatest robots of the world continues, Europol's top robot detective Gesicht races around the globe to catch the criminal. Parallel to his search for the relentless robot killer and its creator, Gesicht searches for the truth about his past and arrives at a horrifying realization about himself that leads into the the climax for this volume. After all, he too, as one of the seven greatest robots in the world, is a target. The mysterious figur ...more
Jason Seaver
Naoki Urasawa continues to create an amazing epic from a beloved Mighty Atom (aka Astro Boy) story, as Volume Six hits a climax of sorts, revealing the identity of the villain and culminating in a finale that, until I checked online to see that at least two more volumes were due to be released, seemed like it might have been the end of the series. I'm relieved to see that there's more, as "Pluto" has been fantastic.

Urasawa is, without a doubt in my mind, the finest comic book creator working tod
Charles
Ottery StCatchpole
Osamu Tezuka is a genius. Naoki Urasawa is a genius. Pluto is a child of the marriage of their geniuses . . . you really should read it. That is all you need to know.

I see you're obstinate and thus must have your review, so here it goes.

This book takes its premise from THE most famous story in the Tetsuwan Atom pantheon. Astroboy for you non-manga readers. While the original source material was intended for Japanese Children in the 1950's, I make the distinction clear for two reasons
andrew
Oh so he was Astro Boy. Yes it took me until now to realize it. Interesting. Maybe that explains how little I understand overall?
But this was a good volume and once again took a nice satisfying step forward, overall-plot-wise.
Michael
via NYPL - terrific stuff.
Lissibith
This volume was just incredible. Every time I think I'm getting to the point I see what's coming, or that I just can't care about these characters and be hurt by what happens to them anymore, something else happens and it breaks my heart a little bit more, but in the best way.

If you are of a mind to give manga a chance, you owe it to yourself to try this. Seriously.
Hengtee
I felt as though this volume hit the right storytelling notes through out, and was well balanced. Old questions answered, new questions asked, and the appropriate shocks and emotional pulls littered through out.

Though you feel like you're getting closer to some real answers, you still feel like you're wading through a deep mist.
Charliesabers
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
Raúl
Tomo centrado casi por completo a la investigación de Gesicht, y por lo tanto, más tranquilo en casi todo su transcurrir. Y aunque simplemente sea la investigación, sigue enganchando sin remedio, y sigue mostrando imágenes desoladoras de este futuro distópico pasado en el mundo creado por Osamu Tezuka en Astroboy.
Travis
The grand finale to this 'reimagining' of Astro boy is a mix of political thriller and big summer action movie.

Along with all the robot fights and strong political allegory, is a decent, likable cast and a strong emotional core.

A brilliant 'remake' that would make a great movie.
Verónica
Joo todos mueren :(
Roberta
I read the forth volume of Pluto ages ago but I could not find the fifth. I decided to read this volume because I was too curious to wait further and I will read the following volumes pretty soon.

This is a very good series.
Veronica
Outstanding. Pluto just keeps getting better. I tore through the last few volumes yesterday (Yay being back in the US). I am amazed how Urasawa continues to top himself, especially considering he started at such a high level.
Earline
Mar 04, 2011 Earline rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Earline by: Lostinorient
While reading this volume I was really trying to figure out how this series could go on for two more volumes... everything seemed to be all wrapped up in a neat little package.. but by the end I was like "oh shit!"
Matthew
Brought this down some because I couldn't help the feeling that the revelations were sort of falling into Gesicht's lap, and the dialogue is a bit clunkier than the previous volumes.
sweet pea
great series. in this volume Gesicht starts to put the pieces together. we learn a lot, but still don't have the final picture. love how this series slowly reveals the plot points.
Courtney
So, I know there are more volumes to go, but seriously, there aren't many characters left! I'm still fascinated by this series, probably because I'm not sure where it's headed.
Corinna Bechko
This volume broke my heart a little. And I loved it even more for that.
Chris Haley
Each volume of this book continues to amaze me. The only downside to this volume was that it was so engrossing I felt like it only took a few minutes read.
Alicia
Things move along nicely in this one. I enjoyed some of the new revelations about Pluto. I have no idea where this story is going to go next.
Tyler
Dec 23, 2014 Tyler rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Just... Wow. This series man. Can't even begin to describe the art and the story. You really really have to read it and experience it.
Katie
Dru
its amazing. if you aren't reading this right now then you are a fool.
Karen Chong
scarlettraces
(3.5) admirable rather than engaging. but that might be just me.
Useresu
After episode with North nr 2 - best so far.
  • Black Jack, Vol. 3
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Akira, Vol. 2 (Akira, #2)
  • Vagabond, Volume 28
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Gantz/13
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Pluto (8 books)
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)