Start by marking “PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)” as Want to Read:
PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)

PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto #6)

4.45  ·  Rating Details ·  1,628 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
A new vision based on Astro Boy - "The Greatest Robot On Earth" Pluto… Sahad… Goji… Abullah… Mysterious figures somehow involved with the serial murders of the great robots of the world. Europol's top robot detective Gesicht has been put on the case, and he's mere steps away from discovering the horrifying truth behind the killer and his motives… Little does he realize tha ...more
Published November 17th 2009 by VIZ Media (first published July 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about PLUTO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PLUTO

Agne
Dec 13, 2014 Agne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: science fiction fans
Recommended to Agne by: Panels & Pages Book Group
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

“Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006” by Naoki Urasawa and Takashi Nagasaki is the sixth book in an eight-book science fiction manga series Pluto. The whole series is based on “The Greatest Robot on Earth,” the most popular story arc in Astro Boy series written by a legendary manga master Osamu Tezuka.

Five out of the seven great robots of the world are destroyed, but the mysterious villain and his motive are still unknown. Despite his compromised physical condition and shaken me
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 25, 2011 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
End begins to draw near with "Pluto," and the sixth volume of the total eight reflects that. There is a sense of imminent finality present, and all the numerous divergent plot lines begin to merge and move forward at an escalating speed. The roller coaster ride has started, but the quiet, lyrical and deeply observant approach hasn't gone anywhere.
Charles
Kamillah
3.5 stars: As the hunt for the serial murderer of the greatest robots of the world continues, Europol's top robot detective Gesicht races around the globe to catch the criminal. Parallel to his search for the relentless robot killer and its creator, Gesicht searches for the truth about his past and arrives at a horrifying realization about himself that leads into the the climax for this volume. After all, he too, as one of the seven greatest robots in the world, is a target. The mysterious figur ...more
Jason Seaver
Nov 23, 2009 Jason Seaver rated it it was amazing
Naoki Urasawa continues to create an amazing epic from a beloved Mighty Atom (aka Astro Boy) story, as Volume Six hits a climax of sorts, revealing the identity of the villain and culminating in a finale that, until I checked online to see that at least two more volumes were due to be released, seemed like it might have been the end of the series. I'm relieved to see that there's more, as "Pluto" has been fantastic.

Urasawa is, without a doubt in my mind, the finest comic book creator working tod
Jason Crane
Nov 14, 2016 Jason Crane rated it it was amazing
It keeps getting better. This volume was intense and sad.
Ottery StCatchpole
Feb 15, 2011 Ottery StCatchpole rated it it was amazing
Osamu Tezuka is a genius. Naoki Urasawa is a genius. Pluto is a child of the marriage of their geniuses . . . you really should read it. That is all you need to know.

I see you're obstinate and thus must have your review, so here it goes.

This book takes its premise from THE most famous story in the Tetsuwan Atom pantheon. Astroboy for you non-manga readers. While the original source material was intended for Japanese Children in the 1950's, I make the distinction clear for two reasons
Peter Barr
Feb 21, 2017 Peter Barr rated it really liked it
I normally quit watching tv series when the number of characters gets too large and the storyline gets too complicated. That's where I am with this series yet, I keep on reading. The robots are getting more humane and complicated and the humans are 2 dimensional and their personalities go unexplained. Still, the story reads so fast that it holds my interest. It's a world after a great robot war. Robots and human robot scientists are being killed, probably by a robot of unknown origin. The story ...more
Portia S
Nov 20, 2015 Portia S rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, dystopian, sci-fi
I wish I started this series from the actual beginning. Like I stated before, my Dad randomly bought this for me for $10TT and its volume 6. :/

Gesicht is an interesting character. He is a robot detective for Europol, but he is the most sophisticated of his kind. He is made of zeronium alloy and is pretty much invulnerable to most magnetic and thermal attacks. He has a stern kind of feel, a deep seriousness when dealing with his current case which is to find the robot Sahad. But there is a fleet
Muffin Adorable
Feb 09, 2017 Muffin Adorable rated it it was amazing
¡¡NOOOOOO!! ¡¿POR QUÉEEEEE?!
Miguel
Nov 28, 2015 Miguel rated it it was amazing
"The pretense will turn real with time. You will learn how to truly cry, as I do. These are real tears."

It's tough to review this volume because it is so filled with plot developments and narrative conclusions. Interestingly enough, a significant swath of the narrative seems to be concluded within this volume. The conclusions of the various plotlines that occur here are satisfying and deeply moving. For all the sadness of the previous volume, scenes here exceed those heights of emotion.
নাজমুল হাসান
The story coming to a conclusion at last. Even though the series hasn't ended yet. But I wouldn't have mind if it ended in this note. Most of the mysteries was unraveled in this volume except the one involving Goji. We finally get to witness the full story of Pluto. Who he is, how he was reborn and what made him the way he is now. The underlying sadness in this story is overpowering at times. Still it makes us wonder if humans are evolving into robots day by day.
Charliesabers
Feb 27, 2013 Charliesabers rated it it was amazing
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
Lissibith
Jun 02, 2013 Lissibith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
This volume was just incredible. Every time I think I'm getting to the point I see what's coming, or that I just can't care about these characters and be hurt by what happens to them anymore, something else happens and it breaks my heart a little bit more, but in the best way.

If you are of a mind to give manga a chance, you owe it to yourself to try this. Seriously.
Raúl
Jan 27, 2013 Raúl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tomo centrado casi por completo a la investigación de Gesicht, y por lo tanto, más tranquilo en casi todo su transcurrir. Y aunque simplemente sea la investigación, sigue enganchando sin remedio, y sigue mostrando imágenes desoladoras de este futuro distópico pasado en el mundo creado por Osamu Tezuka en Astroboy.
Hengtee
May 07, 2012 Hengtee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt as though this volume hit the right storytelling notes through out, and was well balanced. Old questions answered, new questions asked, and the appropriate shocks and emotional pulls littered through out.

Though you feel like you're getting closer to some real answers, you still feel like you're wading through a deep mist.
Roberta
Dec 21, 2012 Roberta rated it it was amazing
I read the forth volume of Pluto ages ago but I could not find the fifth. I decided to read this volume because I was too curious to wait further and I will read the following volumes pretty soon.

This is a very good series.
Dr Zorlak
Jul 20, 2016 Dr Zorlak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Travis
Nov 08, 2010 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, sf-fantasy
The grand finale to this 'reimagining' of Astro boy is a mix of political thriller and big summer action movie.

Along with all the robot fights and strong political allegory, is a decent, likable cast and a strong emotional core.

A brilliant 'remake' that would make a great movie.
Veronica
Nov 20, 2009 Veronica rated it it was amazing
Outstanding. Pluto just keeps getting better. I tore through the last few volumes yesterday (Yay being back in the US). I am amazed how Urasawa continues to top himself, especially considering he started at such a high level.
andrew y
Mar 04, 2015 andrew y rated it really liked it
Oh so he was Astro Boy. Yes it took me until now to realize it. Interesting. Maybe that explains how little I understand overall?
But this was a good volume and once again took a nice satisfying step forward, overall-plot-wise.
Earline
Mar 04, 2011 Earline rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Earline by: Lostinorient
While reading this volume I was really trying to figure out how this series could go on for two more volumes... everything seemed to be all wrapped up in a neat little package.. but by the end I was like "oh shit!"
Corinna Bechko
Apr 24, 2014 Corinna Bechko rated it it was amazing
This volume broke my heart a little. And I loved it even more for that.
Chris Haley
Jan 25, 2010 Chris Haley rated it it was amazing
Each volume of this book continues to amaze me. The only downside to this volume was that it was so engrossing I felt like it only took a few minutes read.
Dru
Nov 20, 2009 Dru rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-graphic-novel
its amazing. if you aren't reading this right now then you are a fool.
Courtney
So, I know there are more volumes to go, but seriously, there aren't many characters left! I'm still fascinated by this series, probably because I'm not sure where it's headed.
Paolo
Shelves: from-the-library
WIESSOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali
Apr 30, 2013 Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali rated it it was amazing
On to volume #7. Gotta find out what's next.
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 3 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #3)
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Vagabond, Vol. 5
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Pluto (8 books)
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)