Start by marking “PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 005 (Pluto, #5)” as Want to Read:
PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 005 (Pluto, #5)

PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 005 (Pluto #5)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,122 ratings  ·  21 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). A robot may not harm or kill a human being. Article 13 of the Robot LawsAdolph, a member of a robot hate group, is being used as a pawn and hunted down by the members of his own brotherhood. He must now turn to his worst enemy for protection--Gesicht, the robot who he believes killed his own brother.
Published September 15th 2009 by VIZ Media (first published November 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about PLUTO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PLUTO

Mikael Kuoppala
Just a tiny bit weaker than what's preceded it, the fifth volume of Pluto concentrates more on plot than on the characters and allegories that have fueled the series so far. Don't get me wrong, the plot is darn fascinating, but there were a few moments during this book that I felt like the story wasn't quite as beautifully balanced and orchestrated as has been the norm so far. Still, great stuff filled with plot twists and interesting developments, begging to lead us somewhere rad.
Danielle
One of my favourite issues of the series thus far, Pluto really opens up in this volume, revealing histories only hinted at in previous volumes. Human and robot interactions take on a much more interesting turn.
Rich Barrett
Probably my favorite volume of this book so far. For a book about robots this is a pretty emotional read.
Charles
Jeff Lanter
One thing about Pluto that makes it stand out from other books I've read is that the author is unafraid to throw in a slower paced issue, because the book always follows up with something exciting and dramatic shortly after. I'm happy to say that I'm still enjoying this book quite a bit and I always look forward to reading it even with it being a very busy time in the semester where time is a precious commodity.
Raúl
Grandes revelaciones, grandes giros en la historia, muchos sentimientos. Pasan muchas cosas en un solo tomo sin parecer excesivo en ningún momento y sin permitirte un respiro para apartar la vista de sus páginas. Tiene momentos tranquilos que preceden a la tempestad y de repente te suelta de golpe todo junto, zarandeando tu cabeza y haciendo que te pegues aún más a cada viñeta para saber lo que pasará a continuación.

Una frase a destacar:
"¿Puede desaparecer el rencor humano? ¿O es algo que nunca
Michael
via NYPL - terrific stuff.
Charliesabers
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
Earline
Apr 04, 2011 Earline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Earline by: Lostinorient
Finally got a hold of volume 5 after having to order it through ILL because it mysteriously doesn't exist at any nearby libraries. The mystery is still going strong, pieces are coming together, yet more questions are emerging. I can't wait to find out what happens!

Also that teddy bear is f'ing creepy!
Travis
The story gets a bit dense as all the story threads start to come together and it feels like you are spending too much time trying to keep track of the cast and who is up to what.

Still a great series, but this really has a 'middle of the trilogy' feel to it.
Hengtee
The plot thickens, and the mystery surrounding Gesicht develops further.

But even then, this book in the series is worth reading for act 38 alone, which handles a little of the history of astro boy. Masterfully handled bit of story.
Lissibith
More and more is coming to light but I still feel liker I'm not exactly sure where it's all heading. The characters continue to be so beautifully rendered, and they just keep breaking my heart.
Tyler
Dec 23, 2014 Tyler rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
My god this series. Another one-sitter. It's just fantastic. Mystery, intrigue, suspense, action, feels! It had it all. Buy this series right now. Break into your local shop if you have to.
miaaa
Dec 14, 2009 miaaa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to miaaa by: Amang Suramang
Prof Tenma bisa saja membangunkan kembali Atom, namun mungkin akan bangkit menjadi sesuatu yang mengerikan. Kelahiran sebuah monster. Lantas bagaimana?
sweet pea
i love this series. this volume gives depth to key plot points hinted at earlier. it interweaves multiple strands to push the plot forward. love.
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
This series continues to impress me. So far, it's one of the best comics I've read all year!
Jamil
In this episode: Doctor Tenma's secret heart & Gesicht gets violent.
Hannah
I thought this book was really good, and exciting.
Useresu
The series slows down here. Still a great read though.
ingenue
Oh, Gesicht, you are making me nervous, honey.
Amanda Kolowski
Amanda Kolowski marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 3
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2
  • Akira, Vol. 2 (Akira, #2)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 02: Tears of an Angel
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Pluto (8 books)
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)