Start by marking “Red, White & Dead (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Red, White & Dead (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #3)

Red, White & Dead (Izzy McNeil Mystery #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A few short months before, I’d juggled three men in my life, and then suddenly there were none. Today, one was staging a comeback, and I wasn’t sure what to do about that. In the meantime I was free to date whoever I wanted. Even a ranking member of the mafia as part of a part-time job.

Izzy McNeil is hot on the trail of one of Chicago’s most notorious gangsters. Not that h
Published July 21st 2009 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about Red, White & Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red, White & Dead

Linda
Shannon
Feb 14, 2010 Shannon rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers.
Shelves: 2010
I did not like this third book in the Izzy McNeil trilogy as much as the first one. This took me FOREVER to finish (I've been working on it since the day after Christmas), but, in all fairness to me, I am visiting family and have had a sick husband and twins in the intervening time and been unable to stay up much past 8 p.m.! I am not so sure that that has much to do with the story or writing being any less good, but rather my inability to read more than a couple of pages at a time.

One thing tha
Meigan
This one just didn't knock it out of the park for me. I really liked the previous two in this series which I read concurrent to this one, so maybe I'm just "Izzy'd" out for the moment.

This one lacked the quirkiness and the humor of the previous two. It was more focused on the mystery and not so much on the relationships between the characters this time around, which necessarily isn't a bad thing providing the mystery is good. This mystery was strange. It was like a bad mash up of Ally McBeal me
Kristen
In the third installment of Laura Caldwell's Izzy McNeil legal thriller series, Red, White and Dead, Izzy McNeil was on an adventure of her life. Umemployed and looking for work, she always wondered about the mystery of her father's death. Little did she knew, it would take her to Italy to search for answers from her own aunt. The more she discovered the truth behind it and the Camorra mob connection, the more perilous she and her family would be. And in the end, there was an explosive ending th ...more
Teena in Toronto
This is the third in the series ... I still have to read the second one.

This isn't a bad story and I liked Izzy's character. A lot of it is far-fetched and could never happen but you just have to go with it.

Though I enjoyed the writing style, I found it odd that most chapters were written in Izzy's voice ("I") and others which included her weren't (she is referred to as "she").

The story wrapped up really quickly and predictably and left a lot of loose ends for me.
Kathy
three parts of this story... Izzy catches the eye of a gangster (in a bad way)... her relationship with a younger man develops... and she becomes embroiled in discovering family secrets - her father (whom she thought died when she was 10) is actually alive; as a double agent with the FBI and his mafia family, he faked his own death and continued to work against them.... and his sister (Izzy's beloved aunt) is the family mafia head...
Patt
This was the third book in the Izzy McNeil series. Ir was interesting, but not as good as the first two. In this book she travels to Italy to solve the mystery of her father's death. I think I enjoyed the others more because of the Chicago location, but this book did tie up some loose ends from the first two in the series.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jun 08, 2010 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
I hate that this is a trilogy! I love Izzy and want more!!! Of the three books, this was the best in my opinion. It was full of sex, mystery, heartache and more! The ending surprised me and that always makes for an excellent book. If you haven't had a chance to meet Izzy McNeil, I highly suggest it!
Barbara
Best of the three books. Very suspenseful ad intriguing. Lot of surprises in the story as well. Leaves you hanging a bit at the end and I don't think there are any plans for more in this series, so you're not sure how some of the subplots are resolved, but that's okay, I can live with that.
Ruth
I enjoyed this series of 3. They read quickly and you love the redheaded lawyer without a job. She lives in Chicago, but manages to see other places in her quest to find answers. I think it is a fun read.
Cheryl Karkoff
The third book in the series about Izzy Mcneil. This time she gets involved with the Mafia while trying to find out if her father is really dead. Pretty good fast reading.
Brooke
Dec 23, 2010 Brooke rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Cute mystery novel.....wish I had started with the first one even though they are written to be stand-alone books (this is book #3)
Sharon
This is the third and final book in a series. while it had enough going to keep me reading overall I thought all three books were average.
Norma
Chicago to Rome to Chicago - I didn't want to put the book down. Izzy McNeil certainly knows how to get into and out of trouble.
Michelle
This was a fun, fast, action packed read. It has me wanting to read the other Izzy McNeil novels.
Cora
Third book in the Izzy McNeil series, just as good as the first two books in the series.
Janetlee
Best of the trilogy! Can't wait to see what Izzy McNeil does next!
Melissa Wehunt
Red, White & Dead (Izzy Mcneil) by Laura Caldwell (2009)
Sally
A satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.
Tiina
Ihan tavallinen, viihdyttävä dekkari
Karen
super good read!
Jo Anne
great read!
Nancy Eichten
Nancy Eichten marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Rin
Rin marked it as to-read
  • Let Me In
  • The Second Perimeter (Joe DeMarco, #2)
  • Witness: Defending His Own\Guarding Jeannie
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole, #2)
  • Critical Condition (Angels of Mercy, #4)
  • Whirlpool
  • On Maggie's Watch
  • The Fury (Henry Parker, #4)
  • Deadly Interest (An Alex St. James Mystery #2)
  • The Last Confession: A Crime Novel
  • Carthage Ascendant (Book of Ash, #2)
  • At Sword's Point (Knights of the Blood, #2)
  • Declan's Cross (Sharpe & Donovan, #3)
  • Dagger Magic (Adept #4)
  • Killer Summer
  • Mamma, pappa, barn (Hammarbyserien, #2)
  • Good People
Laura Caldwell is a Chicago-based lawyer turned novelist. Her first book, Burning the Map, was selected by Barnes & Noble.com as one of The Best of 2002. Following that, A Clean Slate received a starred review from Booklist. The release of The Year of Living Famously and The Night I Got Lucky prompted Booklist to declare, “Caldwell is one of the most talented and inventive...writers around.”

La
More about Laura Caldwell...
The Year of Living Famously Burning The Map A Clean Slate Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1) The Night I Got Lucky