Start by marking “Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)” as Want to Read:
Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)

Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #3)

3.61  ·  Rating Details ·  2,433 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
In the newly unified Germany, old horrors are reborn. It is the beginning of Chaos Days, a time when neo-Nazi groups gather to spread violence and resurrect dead dreams. But this year Germany isn't the only target. Plans are afoot to destabilize Europe and cause turmoil throughout the United States.

Paul Hood and his team, already in Germany to buy technology for the new Re
Published 2005 by Harper Collins Publishers (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Games of State, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games of State

Carolyn Browne
The third volume in the bestselling series of high-tech, high-action thrillers created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik -- repackaged in a stunning new-look cover. In Tom Clancy's Op-Centre, bestselling author Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik, novelist and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, have created an astonishingly popular thriller series, which has already sold over 1 million HarperCollins paperbacks. Now the first three volumes are being repackaged to coincide with the publication ...more
Oct 22, 2015 Noah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Tom Clancy thriller, Games of State, like most Clancy books, each book is built off a previous one. This book is thrown around the continents, with new characters that keep things interesting. I love how Rovin introduces new characters, showing every bit of background up front yet leaving you with a since that you still don't know everything. I must say you become more aware of each character and you can understand how the react just based on the events of a single book. You clench your ...more
Alice Harbin
Aug 08, 2014 Alice Harbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual, Clancy gives you a fast action, complicated plot. This one took place in four locations and each chapter moved to a different location. Short chapters kept the pace fast, but I was not so riveted to it that I couldn't start another book and leave this one several times to be busy with other things for fairly long periods.
I still liked the way that you just didn't know how the characters were going to survive. The nice touch was that one of the characters was a young, naive girl and an
#3 in the Op-Center thriller series.

Op-Center thriller - In the newly unified Germany, old horrors are reborn. It is the beginning of Chaos Days, a time when Neo-Nazi groups gather to spread violence and resurrect bad dreams. But this year, Germany isn't the only target. Plans are afoot to destabilize Europe and cause turmoil throughout the United States. Paul Hood and his team, already in Germany to buy technology for the new Regional Op-Center, become entangled in the crisis. They uncover a sh
Nov 11, 2012 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

A very complicated plot to follow preventing me from giving it 4 stars. The book was jumping all over the world from chapter to chapter. An ardent Clancy fan could keep up by taking notes perhaps but that is not how I like to read. It also was a bit dated with references to floppy disks but that is always a risk with books laded with technical jargon. A good book to read if you like many characters and several sub plots flying from page to page.
Jan 03, 2011 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think this was a book that Heather or Mom read on the flight to Japan and left at my house. The most interesting thing was how much the high tech has changed in the twelve years since this book was written. There was one scene where the Op Center guy tells a field agent that it will take 30 minutes to locate him by sattelite. Just yesterday walking home from the shrine we were able to find our location on Mia's i-phone using google earth in less than thirty seconds!
Don O'goodreader
Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, Book 3) is a 200 page, author-less thriller packed into 500 pages. In this comic story, the bad guy is the cliched reclusive, megalomaniac billionaire planning to take over the world ... with the aid of video games and neo-nazies.

Without spoiling this comic book plot or the 68 boring cliff hangers, the good guys win.
Mar 03, 2015 Preston rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well Tom Clancy normally writes good novels. I am surprised at how cliche and simultaneously boring this novel was. The only reason I can't complain is that I got it from the library here at Camp Daegu so I didn't have to pay to read it. I haven't given up on Tom Clancy though, I will press on and try reading some of his other novels.
The book was ok to read, nothing out of ordinary. But, and that's a big but, if you're going to base your book on "real world" events at least try to get the very basic facts right. The Chaos Days exist(ed) in Germany, that's true, but they are (were) a Punk gathering.
I don't know how anyone could get this mixed up. It threw me right out of the story and I never got back into it...
Dec 02, 2013 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story .... at this point I would highly recommend any one wanting to read this series to start with the first book and read them in order. They are stand alone stories but the back ground information builds one each other.
Paul Dudoward
So this is another one in the long line of op center series. As it has some old charaters from older stories it as always introduces new ones. As for the story it brings the reader on a feul packed ride of suspence. I recomend to all looking to feel like a soldier.
Jan 11, 2013 Paul rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: op-center
The usual twists and turns associated with this series, but this one took a long time to get into the book and understand what was happening which made it confusing. The ending was also interesting, but not well developed.
Josh Jones
Some of the action was too unbelieveable (a chopper to chopper extraction) and many of the plot lines were tied together by characters somehow diving the knowledge of others. Will continue to read some from the Op-Center series but it's nothing too special in my eyes.
Jul 03, 2016 Nicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, a bit hard to get into at the start, as it jumps around all the different players and scenes of the story. But once you get your head around all the different characters, it is easy to follow. Well worth the time and effort.
Mar 16, 2012 Phillip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this awesomly written novel, my favorite of the series, Clancy goes into the dangers of a re-unified Germany. A German Neo-Nazi group plans to take over Germany and throw the whols European continent into Chaos.
Angel Serrano
Alemania acaba de reunificarse. Un grupo de terroristas pretende desestabilizar occidente haciendo revivir el espíritu de los años 30 del siglo XX, con agitación y propaganda, disturbios y caos. Un grupo de agentes americanos se enfrentará decididamente a esta amenaza.
Nazis, guns and the pre-dot-bomb Internet. It's a jingoistic romp with some new characters, and a little bit of old time air chase action. I'll keep plowing though the series until the stories start recycling other Tom Clancy formulas, I guess.
I read a few of these books when they first came out. They are easy reads and enjoyable, but a far cry from a Clancy-written book (light compared to Jack Ryan).

I discontinued the series, but I note my FIL reads these.
Jan 07, 2016 Pete rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of the plot are a bit silly but the story moves along at a good pace and enough suspense is created to keep you wondering how this adventure is going to play out.
Jun 18, 2016 Joe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Tom Clancy hit.

I really enjoyed this book, the hero's welcomed their tasks and were very good at them. Clancy has done it again.
Jun 23, 2009 Adam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
neo nazi plot, ok but a bit violent, just endorsed by Clancy and not as good as his stuff. Didn't finish.
Class 501
Dear Layla,
I don't think you should not read this book. Because it is really hard to read. It took 5 minutes to read 1 page. I give it 2 stars.
Duncan Rice
Begins as a 4/5. The action becomes too far fetched and some minor plot items are too contrived. This finishes the book as a 3/5.
Varun Khandare
Varun Khandare rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Greg rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2008
Charles Little
Charles Little rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Andrew rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Brian Cody
Brian Cody rated it did not like it
May 14, 2009
Yoav Stahl
Yoav Stahl rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Michael rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2008
  • Zero Hour (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #7)
  • State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #7)
  • The Deadliest Game (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #2)
  • The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Private Lives (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #9)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)