Start by marking “Stars (Jump Into Science)” as Want to Read:
Stars (Jump Into Science)

Stars (Jump Into Science)

What are stars made of? Where do they go in the daytime? How far away are they? A boy and his bike-riding dog take readers on a stellar journey to answer these and other intriguing questions. Along the way, children discover that our sun is a star and that stars of many sizes and colors twinkle throughout the universe. Simple text and whimsical art introduce the science of ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stars

Olivia Berger
Oct 13, 2016 Olivia Berger rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was a great non-fiction picture book for kids. It had great illustrations and all of the descriptions were very clear. It also destroyed misconceptions that kids may have about what stars look like and that our sun is a star.
Tom
Dec 15, 2009 Tom rated it really liked it
3rd-4th Grade
Steven Tomecek has written a children’s book that explains what stars really are, shows what they are made up of, and uses constellations showing how they can be seen from earth. This story shows a boy riding his bicycle through the picture book going through all the lessons that are given throughout. The Illustrations are brightly colored with sharp lines defining what is on the page. Students will enjoy the illustrations as well as the facts that Tomecek adds throughout the book.
Lita
Dec 05, 2010 Lita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-books
This book is about stars. It tells what happens to stars during the day and that our sun is a star. It also tells what the stars are made of. There is also an activity includes in the back of the book that helps students comprehend how the distance of the stars affects the amount of light we see here on Earth.
Gaby Roman
Nov 04, 2012 Gaby Roman rated it liked it
I thought this was an okay story for students when learning about the solar system. It allows students to learn about stars and constellations. I would have my studnets research about different constelations and allow them to share one they learned about during morning meeting.
Colleen Moran
Mar 27, 2012 Colleen Moran rated it liked it
Shelves: science
I thought this book was great for younger students learning about science. It shows different constellations and star formations while talking about what stars are made of. It is easy to read and the pictures and explanations are kid friendly.
Kerri
Oct 06, 2010 Kerri rated it really liked it
Great overview of stars and constellations. I used this with my Kindergartner - 2nd grader class. They enjoyed it and it nicely summarized everything we were learning about stars and those grade levels.
Melanie Martel
Apr 15, 2013 Melanie Martel rated it really liked it
This book is informational but the author did a great job of making it more. The information is introduced to us by a boy who takes a journey with his dog. We learn all kinds of fact about stars.
Jen
This book is written very accessibly for relatively young students while delivering important information about stars. (Nonfiction; read in English as Stars)
Melanie Martel
This is a great read for those learning about stars or for the curious of mind. The book offers alot of information from what stars are to how they affect the earth.
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Caieta
Caieta rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
OS
OS rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Lynnea
Feb 17, 2010 Lynnea rated it really liked it
Very good simple explanation of constellations, etc.
Brianne
Brianne rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Poornima
Poornima rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Alexander Rutan
Alexander Rutan rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2016
Ashley
Feb 29, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-flora
living book
Cynthia Lin
Cynthia Lin rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Janell's Kids
Janell's Kids rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2009
Carmen Orellana
Carmen Orellana rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2010
Valerie Mendoza
Valerie Mendoza marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2011
Janei
Janei marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2011
James
James added it
Jan 16, 2013
Conquering Dinner
Conquering Dinner marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Erica
Erica added it
Apr 09, 2013
Esmeralda
Esmeralda marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Kaia Sofie
Kaia Sofie marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Varsha
Varsha added it
Jun 03, 2016
Rebecca Brown
Rebecca Brown is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2016
Javi Thompson
Javi Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016

Jump Into Science (10 books)
  • Moon
  • Honeybees (Jump Into Science)
  • Dirt (Jump Into Science)
  • Earthquakes (Jump Into Science)
  • Sun (Jump Into Science)
  • Sand
  • Coral Reefs (Jump Into Science)
  • Rocks and Minerals (Jump Into Science)
  • Volcano!