Start by marking “Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02” as Want to Read:
Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02

Eden: It's an Endless World!, Bd. 02 (Eden: It's An Endless World! #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  307 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Exploring the origin of Kenji, the knife-wielding, Japanese freedom fighter, Hiroki Endo takes us back in time to witness the brutal events that shaped this warrior's spirit. In Kenji's present, he fights in one of the most intense hand-to-hand combat sequences in post-apocalyptic literature With the world reeling from the after effects of a brutal, widespread virus, civil ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Egmont Manga & Anime

To ask other readers questions about Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden

Charles
Mikael Kuoppala
The second volume of “Eden” continues the tale Elijah, a teenaged boy surviving in a world in chaos. In the end of the last book we were introduced to a new band of characters fighting a political battle against a group that is trying to win dominance over the entire planet. This is where the story picks up directly.

The plot goes many interesting ways, even if it does feel even more unfocused than in volume 1. Action takes over a bit, which isn’t such a good thing at this point when character an
Prometheus
The dialogue is getting way too heavy handed for my tastes, not to mention the characters are starting to annoy me. The writing is starting to languish in cliches and has become boring and uninteresting. I'll give it one more issue before deciding whether or not to finish the series. Still have no idea why it's rated 18+.
Julie
Okay, in this volume, I'm completely lost. The main(?) character is going around with a group of people who kill other people. And I have no idea what their aim is or who the good guys are. There's a whole lot of violence, and then some more violence. And politics and religion are in there somewhere.

But, basically, I'm completely lost, and too put off by all the violence to care to figure out what's going on.

I won't be reading any more volumes.
K T
Disappointment. The first volume was all deserted cities and empty landscapes, and then this one has people everywhere, bustling airports, what kind of apocalypse is this?

And the sex parts bothered me too, the way it was portrayed as something men need and a burden for women. It's got women being forced into prostitution, a woman with no interest in sex giving a guy a bj just to calm him down.

Not gonna read any farther in this series.
Brandy
What was maybe-okay for teens has taken a turn for the Not Okay. Lots more violence and sex--not that those things are inherently bad but I'm losing the sense of a post-apocalyptic world in the drug war we're fighting instead. If that's what we're fighting; I think I stopped paying attention.

Giving the series one more volume (because I already have it out from the library, so why not) before abandoning the series.
The second installment of Eden adds a bit of graphic sex to the graphic violence. The character-building proceeds very slowly, but I'm still intrigued enough to check out volume 3.
Karen
Don't need to read anymore of these. Too many pages of violence, confusion, action, some religion, some politics, then more violence. I'm disappointed.
Elizabeth
Following the life of a teenage boy as he travels through the post-apocalyptic world with the companionship of a robot. Dark and not super interesting.
Rj Veit
Definitely more action packed then the first one.
Marilyn
Confusing...going to carry on though
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jan 24, 2015
Dakota Persails
Dakota Persails marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 07, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Robert
Robert added it
Dec 29, 2014
Robbin Fish
Robbin Fish marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Blame!, Vol. 2
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 08: Fallen Angel (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Planetes. Vol. 3  (Planetes, #3)
Hiroki Endo is a Japanese mangaka born on 1970 in Akita Prefecture. He graduated from Musashino Art University. He is best known for his science-fiction series Eden: It's an Endless World, which has been translated into English by Dark Horse.
More about Hiroki Endo...

Eden: It's An Endless World! (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #1)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 3 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #3)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 4 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #4)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 6 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #6)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 7 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #7)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 8 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #8)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 9 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #9)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 10 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #10)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 11 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #11)
Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #1) Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 3 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #3) Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 4 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #4) Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5) Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 6 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #6)