Start by marking “Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)

Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night #2)

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  184 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Andre St James is a centuries old vampire, born and bred in Naw Leans with a take-charge attitude that usually gets him exactly what he wants. Then he meets Cynthiana and he knows she is his love. He fears for her life because fragile humans die every day. Heart attacks. Car wrecks. He won't risk her waiting until she loves him back, so he turns her without asking first.

Cy
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Big Girls Don't Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Girls Don't Die

Kathy
Magda
Cute, short read. Story was a bit hypocritical/sexist at times but still enjoyable.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Just finish reading this book got it for free so I really can't complain. The book is a short quick read it wasn't prefect and it wasn't great it falls in between. It starts out very enticing but dwindle just a tiny bit for me it went from A to M instead of A to B. Cyn was bitten by Andrea the first night they hooked up because he knew she was the one his mate and didn't want to wait when the time was right. Cyn was angry that he did this (she wasn't that angry i think personally), now they need ...more
Melindeeloo
Not one of my normal books, but a kindle freebie, this was an erotic short that went to places that aren't my cup a tea (no proctological fantasies for me). But the real problem was that what might have been the most interesting part of the story happened before this short begins. He's an ancient vamp and when he meets her, he refuses to take the chance that some freak accident my take her from him and turns her without her consent. So, coming into the story she's ticked at him but melts into a ...more
Netanella
My favorite part was our girl breaking down in the desert between LA and Vegas, and unable to get the tow truck company to come rescue her because she didn't know her exact location. Priceless.
Katherine
Jan 01, 2013 Katherine rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
2.5

This is the second installment at the Heat of the Night by Crystal Jordan.

It's a short. And as such, it's nothing more than I was expecting before reading. There are nice characters and the plot is good. The pace however is a bit rushed, and I'd like to read about the events when they first met. That promised to be hot.

I think Jordan tried to pack this book with a bit of everything without making a total mess out of it. I liked, it was a funny book. The sex was between meh to yeehaw.

With mor
 B.E.Love
Dec 28, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars This is book two in the Heat of the Night series and though I didn't read book one I had no problem following the story line. This is a good quick read, about Andre a vampire who meets his mate(Cyn) and instead of waiting till they fall in love to change her he does the night they meet. Cyn now hates Andre but can't deny the attraction that they both share. Then Andre helps her in her time of need and Cyn starts to realize that there's more to their relationship than just physical at ...more
Brenda
Jan 23, 2011 Brenda rated it liked it
First, I'm only give this a three because even for a short story it seemed like it could have been more "complete" for a lack of a better word. I thought the characters were cool, and the sex scenes were unbelievably steamy and emotional-- now, this was #2, so I do understand that but it almost had the feel of a story that should have actually been included with the first novella.

Again, if you've read #1 you won't want to miss this, but I would be sure to read that one first. The writing was gre
Peggy
Feb 14, 2015 Peggy rated it it was amazing
A great short story.
Yoru
it's funny and sweet but it's short. I'm a bit sad.
☺~Tina~☺
Just when the relationship started to take off the story was over. There was plenty of sex for such a short read. The book ended at 75% the rest are sample stories from other authors. I haven't read the first book, but the series has potential. I'm not sure if the characters carry over or not, will have to see. Otherwise this will just be a series of short stories.
Kendra
Jan 17, 2011 Kendra rated it liked it
Okay story for a Kindle freebie. My biggest complaint is directly related to the length. Obviously the back story is just glossed over. I'd like to have seen more of that. The ending is rushed -- before you know it, the heroine has dropped all of her objections to the relationship with the hero and all is well.
Yodamom
Apr 19, 2011 Yodamom rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, free
Sexy vampire with a New Orleans accent, can't go wrong there. OH, it gets better, he is uber rich, loyal and would do anything for he lady love. It is a short quick vampire romance, very enjoyable. It is what it is erotic romance.
Ellen
Feb 22, 2011 Ellen rated it did not like it
I got this free on my Kindle. Basically the book consists of 3 sex scenes with a vampire, and took me 30 minutes to read. It is what it is, which is a free book. Don't judge!
Drama Diva
Mar 16, 2011 Drama Diva rated it liked it
Would have been better if it had been longer and if the characters didn't jump straight to sex. It took a while but by the end, I was invested.
Angie
Jan 20, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Good free read but again I wish the story had been longer. I wanted to know these characters better.
Lesli
Funny, quirky, quick read. I didn't read the first one and still got the story just fine.
Linda
Jan 25, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Definitely not what I was expecting....a novella with some steamy scenes.
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Jan 15, 2012 Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌ rated it really liked it
Andre was very sexy. . .

Liked it, too short.

Good sex.hahah
Catherine Coffman
Feb 02, 2011 Catherine Coffman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, freebie
Needed a little more plot to go with the trashy romance :-)
Kate
May 11, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
3.5. Liked this one a lot.
Nazreen Silva
Nazreen Silva marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Cristina Roskoff
Cristina Roskoff rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2016
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • Gemini Moon
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • The Matchmakers
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • The Hunger
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
  • Immortal (Clare Point, #3)
  • Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates, #1)
  • Swept Away
  • Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
  • Larkspur (Flowers of Camelot #5)
  • The Sword Lord
  • Playing Hardball
Crystal Jordan began writing romance after she finished graduate school and needed something to fill the hours that used to be eaten away by homework. She is originally from California, but has lived and worked all over the United States. Currently, she serves as a librarian at a university in her home state and writes contemporary, paranormal, futuristic, and erotic romance.
More about Crystal Jordan...

In the Heat of the Night (4 books)
  • Total Eclipse of the Heart (In the Heat of the Night, #1)
  • It's Raining Men (In the Heat of the Night, #3)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (In the Heat of the Night, #4)