The Silver Casket (Something Wickedly Weird, #3)

The Silver Casket (Something Wickedly Weird #3)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  7 reviews
SOMETHING WICKEDLY WEIRD IS HERE

The only thing worse than pirates are undead pirates.

He might have survived the first two books, but Stanley Buggles has hardly found a quiet life in his home of Cramdon Rock. Now there are two more dead pirates out to find Stanely, and this time there's an army with them. They want the precious key to the Silver Casket. Stanley doesn't know...more
Published April 14th 2009 by Roaring Brook Press (first published January 1st 2007)

Stephanie
Stanley Buggles is back at Crampton Rock and something BIG is coming to Candlestick Hall. Can Stanley and Daisy once again save the day?

The third entry in the Something Wickedly Weird series brings Stanley and Daisy face to face with the undead. The Ibis, a magical token that had been concealed in the belly of a mounted pike, has been exposed to water and triggered the Awakening, a call to all the pirate undead. Hoardes of pirate corpses rise from their graves, be they on land or at sea, and all...more
Go
I was excited for the Awakening to be in full swing and Angel Cuzco was intimidating. His character could have been utilized a lot more to enliven the story. I was disappointed towards the end. I felt it was anti-climactic. Without giving up spoilers I will say that the anticipation was mounting and then it flopped, ending too quickly to enjoy it. I was amused by how clever Stanley was. Some significant events took place that I enjoyed because they were surprising.
*Queen Diva*
I'm really starting to love these books! The writing is fantastic, the dialogue is witty, the illustrations are great! All around, the high quality of these books make wonderful children's books. Thank you, Chris Mould, for writing WELL WRITTEN literature for children! You are awesome!
Malcolm says, "I liked it because I really like caskets. Whatever was pirates, I liked. I liked Angel Cuzco, who was the fiercest of all pirates. Now I need to eat some pie. I'll do more interviews later."
Mindy
Could have done with a little more action, but there were plenty of surprises in the story that kept Seth and I turning pages.
Neville Ridley-smith
A good example of "show, don't tell", or rather, a bad example. This is more "tell lots and don't show".
Mia
Love all of them i read 3 of them so far
Demmi123
Mar 24, 2009 Demmi123 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
very good
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2014
Thumri
Thumri added it
Mar 20, 2014
Anna Wade
Anna Wade marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Arissa
Arissa marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Poppy
Poppy marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
C
C added it
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1) The Icy Hand (Something Wickedly Weird, #2) The Darkling Curse (Something Wickedly Weird, #4) Smugglers' Mine (Something Wickedly Weird, #5) The Treasure Keepers (Something Wickedly Weird, #6)