Start by marking “Paul Robeson” as Want to Read:
Paul Robeson
Preview

Paul Robeson

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
An updated and redesigned edition of an award-winning* biography of Paul Robeson, who overcame racial discrimination to become an international entertainer and civil rights activist. Includes a new introduction and afterword by the author, focusing on Robeson s legacy."
Published April 1st 2009 by Lee & Low Books (first published March 30th 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Paul Robeson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paul Robeson

Lamar Sanders
Main Characters: Paul Robeson
Point of View: 3rd person
Setting: Various
Plot: This biography covers Paul Robeson's life, sratring with i=his father's escape from slavery. It covers, his religious upbringing, his struggles with racism at Rutgers as he excelled academically and athletically and his career in entertainment and activism afterwards.
Main Ideas: Black History, Biograph
I highly recommend this book. Paul Robeson's story is very inspiring and vital knowledge for all Americans. The book is w
Emily
I like this biography because it is very inspirational and it gave a lot of information on Paul Robeson. My only complaint is that the author should have broken the book up into sections. It was very long and a little overwhelming to sit and read all at once.

Because it's so long and isn't broken up into chapters or sections, I probably wouldn't use this book to read aloud to my students. I would recommend it to students though to help them see that despite unfortunate events that may happen in t
The Sunday Book Review
Greenfield is able to pack a lot of information in this relatively short book. We learn not only about who Paul Robeson was, but also how slavery formed his beliefs. The illustrations by George Ford, which appear to be done in black watercolor, help bring the story to life.

As I read this book I found it inspirational how someone overcame social stigma (the color of his skin) and made something of himself. He didn’t allow anyone tell him that even though slavery was over, he still wasn’t worthy o
Thomas Crisp
Thomas Crisp marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Marisa Black
Marisa Black marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Zach
Zach added it
Aug 12, 2013
Edward Kargbo
Edward Kargbo marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Luigi
Luigi added it
Aug 24, 2012
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Nov 04, 2009
Joya
Joya added it
Jul 07, 2009
Honey, I Love and Other Love Poems The Great Migration: Journey to the North Honey, I love Childtimes: A Three-Generation Memoir Grandpa's Face