Start by marking “Spellbound” as Want to Read:
Spellbound

Spellbound

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  23 reviews
From award-winning author Patricia Simpson comes a haunting time-travel. A week before her wedding in Scotland, Tara Lewis stumbles upon a hidden tomb and accidentally awakens a spellbound knight. But Tara refuses to acknowledge the chivalrous shade. She doesn't believe in the spirit world-or true love for that matter-until the touch of the handsome knight awakens her trou ...more
Published February 14th 2009 by Patricia Simpson (first published February 11th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Spellbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spellbound

Jane Stewart
2.5 stars. I had trouble with how conflicts were created, some were due to heroine being careless and stupid.

STORY BRIEF:
Tara and David are cohosts of a TV show called Fact or Fiction, debunking psychic phenomena using scientific facts. They fly to Scotland to be married in a castle owned by David’s uncle. The castle is haunted by a ghost (the Lady in Green) who David hopes to film in connection with the wedding. While there, Tara accidentally stumbles upon a hidden tomb. As she reads the words
Elaine Mcdonald
I liked this book! Suspense, romance, ghost... Only the second book I have read by this author, but I do enjoy her writing! I will be reading her others.
Sam
This story was a 2 star for me. Overall I liked the premise and the story but there was so many unanswered questions by the end of the story for me that left me hanging. Would I recommend it? Only if you didn't have anything else to read. I did like both Hugh's and Tara's back stories when they were revealed and I liked their relationship. But really, Tara at times was TSTL and just had me shaking my head at her.

(view spoiler)
Francy
I found this to be a consuming book that tells a great ghost story. Once again love finds a way. Definitely worth reading.
JoAnn Ainsworth
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good foreshadowing and wrap up at the end.
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Kindle Freebie 1.26.12
Cat
I had to start this book a few times before I got hooked.

I didn't really like the main character Tara, because she was so set in her beliefs that she wasn't willing to think about things that fell outside of her comfort zone logically, or at all. I get that she has built up her person as a TV personality, etc. but it didn't make her a likable character. Otherwise, I thought the book and the characters were pretty well written.

Plot was pretty straight forward and didn't take too much brain power
Jenn
Sep 01, 2014 Jenn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I totally forgot when I finished this and this book wasn't that memorable, so I've forgotten a lot.

This book was silly. The fiance/co-host was a complete asshat, I couldn't see how the main female character was ever into him. The ghost dude was boring. The main female was awful. I was interested enough to finish this one and the premise was decent, but the execution? Not so much.
A.R. Von
If you like to read a story full of suprises this is one for you! I have to say with "Spellbound" one is definitly to expect the unexpected. It was so enjoyable I finished it on one day. There is nothing within this book that is like all others out there. My favorite characters are Tara, Hugh and Anne. They all made the story more enjoyable with their individuality and secrets.
I'm very happy with the way the book ended and know whomever else reads it will be as well. There will be more Patricia
Jolene
This book was okay. About halfway through is where it got a bit more interesting. There were some cheesy parts of the story that made me laugh when I shouldn't have been. It also seemed like there was were so many twists and turns that it almost seemed ridiculous. It was an easy read and was good enough that I finished it. I probably wouldn't read it again though.
Rachel Robins
If you can get through the incredibly clumsy writing and bizarre thought processes that encompass the first eleven or so chapters of this novel, the rest of the story isn't too bad. Even at the worst bits of writing I was turning pages fairly quickly. But all in all, the ending was satisying. I dub this a good airport read.
Kathryn
I loved the beginning of this but to be honest, I find it a struggle to read almost any time travel type of romance. I just find the premise to hard for me to enjoy as a reader. My rating reflects only my own personal taste not on the writing of this story.
Smileyelena Howey
First book read by this author.I enjoyed the story. However there were questions not really answered at the end.
Would read more from this author!
Suzanne
For a freebie through Amazon...REALLY liked this book. Definitely going to find others by this author.
Mandi
I love it, it was easy to get sucked in and find myself in scotland with a knight. I enjoyed it greatly
Patricia Simpson
Aug 08, 2013 Patricia Simpson added it  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like Scotland and time-traveling knights, then this is the book for you.
Marissa
Extremely predictable, boring read with out of touch characters...
Tia
Very fun historical/supernatural style romance.
Tia Lucas
It was a very interesting love story!
Veronica~Nhaughty
Jan 26, 2012 Veronica~Nhaughty marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free
This is a FREEbie right now!
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Amazon Kindle Freebie
Mandi
II loved it.
Kelly Ewing
Entertaining read
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Roselover24
Roselover24 marked it as to-read
Natalie Gaba
Natalie Gaba marked it as to-read
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
  • Dragon Blues
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Ordinary Angels
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • Fated
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • My Lady Vampire - Book One (My Lady Vampire, #1)
  • The Pleasures of Sin
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Cowboy In The Kitchen
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • To Seduce an Earl (Seduction, #1)
  • Shelly's Second Chance (The Wish Granters, #1)
  • Siren Call (Mermaid Catcher, #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Rowena Through the Wall
  • When the Walls Fell  (Out of Time, #2)
Patricia Simpson grew up in the wilderness of Western Montana, where it meant a 3-1/2 hour drive just to buy shoes. When she was young, the iPod hadn't yet been invented, and there were no radio stations in the area, so on the many long drives for shoes, Patricia amused herself by reading novels or creating her own stories in her head. She was encouraged to write by her sister, who always asked to ...more
More about Patricia Simpson...
The Dark Lord The Dark Horse Raven In Amber Lord of Forever The Haunting of Brier Rose