Start by marking “Cross Country Chaos” as Want to Read:
Cross Country Chaos

Cross Country Chaos

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Divorced mom Kelly Alexander wants younger son, Denny, in a wheelchair due to spina bifida, to participate in sports. Kelly finds out about the Junior National Disability Games, but they're in Spokane, Washington, a continent away from her Florida home. She's clueless about what to do next.

Mart Rawlings is a single, handsome wheelchair athlete who volunteers to coach Denn
Published (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cross Country Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Country Chaos

SheLove2Read
Jun 10, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Kelly is a divorce mom of two. Her youngest son is wheelchair bound from spina bifida. The book didn't really specify an age (or if it did I missed it) but I took him to be around 8 or 9. Her older son is around 12. Dear old dad only wants to be a part of the older sons life, having "issues" being a parent to a disabled child. When he cancels out on a weekend AGAIN to be with his latest mistress, Kelly vows to be the best parent she can be and gets her youngest son involved in a sports program f ...more
Karen Peacock
Jun 19, 2013 Karen Peacock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was just an amazing love story with two separate people facing different but similar challenges in life. I loved Mart and Kelly and how their story developed. If you are looking for a sweet, sexy love story with a little angst, look no further. Lesli is an amazing author. She writes in a way that makes you feel as though you can relate to her characters or that you become one with her story. Can't wait to read more from her!!
Shelly
Nov 10, 2011 Shelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mf, angst, humor
4.5.

Wow! I totally enjoyed these characters and the story line.

I enjoyed Ms. Richardson/Dalton’s description of Kelly and the development of her strengths (and weaknesses). Oh boy, Mart was a great hero. His handicap was a great reason for them to meet but it turned out to have no influence on their relationship. One of the things I’ve noticed is that a lot of the times, writer will portray the female lead as the more mature and more stable of the two but this time it was a nice refreshing thing
Angie
Jun 18, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! This is a contemporary romance written by Tymber Dalton based on her own experiences. I think that is one of the reasons the book is so powerful.
Kelly is a divorced Mom of 2 kids, one who is wheelchair bound. Her ex-husband is a jerk whose emotional abuse Kelly is still dealing with. Her friend gives her an article on para athletes that inspires Kelly to find out how to get her son involved in competitive sporting events for kids in wheelchairs. This is how she m
Katy Beth Mckee
Feb 28, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly and Mart's story was really a very beautiful story. Mart reminds a lot of my husband and his love and attitude toward my son when we started dating and got married. He is a man who is not afraid of being a dad. Everyone is overcoming and raising to the challenge. On top of that the surprise twists that the story took really reached the heart. A wonderful read that you will need to bring the tissues to.
Julie
4.5 Stars !!

This book is very different from all the other books by Lesli Richardson/Tymber Dalton. I loved to premise of this story, it's very well written, as are all of Lesli/Tymber's book. Because I've read so many other books by this author, I was very surprise that it was a contemporary romance, usually the steam factor for this author is off the charts, but this book put more emphasis on the story.
Amy Braden
Loved it!!

I laughed,I cried, this one has it all. I've read books by Tymber Dalton but this was my first by Lesli Richardson and I was not disappointed. It was heartwarming to see the relationship between Mart and Kelly develop and to see them face adversity and make it through.
Timeforme
I loved this very well written story. I think this is the first book I've read where not just one but two of the main characters are in wheel chairs and they have active and athletic lives. The book goes against a lot of stereotypes we so often hold and manages to do it while keeping the reader wrapped up in the lives of the book's characters.
Sprucette
Jul 21, 2016 Sprucette rated it really liked it
I liked it. Some of the drama was a little OTT and I thought it would be more of a road trip novel.

That said, I liked Mart and the kids and the ending was very sweet.
Kimberly
Mar 09, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Started to get annoyed with Kelly's lack of faith in Mart. I can understand her husband was a dick, but after a while and consideering how much Mart did for her and the boys, she needed to get over herself.

that being said I still loved the story and the MC's
Molly
Jun 19, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing
Cannot say enough good things about CCC:) Loved the story, loved the characters, and this is on a short list of my 'read-again' for e-books!
Linda Gumper
Oct 21, 2012 Linda Gumper rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-romance
This is a wonderful story. The characters are unique and the whole story keep moving itself. Would recommend to anyone.
SiKReviews
Feb 01, 2016 SiKReviews rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is my go to book. I have read it more times than Pride and Prejudice. I find myself in awe of Mart everytime.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Tracy Rivera
Tracy Rivera marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Anisa
Anisa added it
Jun 07, 2016
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Ionela Bebeşelea
Ionela Bebeşelea marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Ahmelina
Ahmelina marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Suzanne Payne
Suzanne Payne rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Lys
Lys marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Vera
Vera rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Lisa Jo
Lisa Jo marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tymber Dalton is the better-known wild-child alter-ego pen name for writer Lesli Richardson. She lives in southwest Florida with her author husband Jon Dalton (aka “The World’s Best Husband”) and too many animals. The two-time EPIC award winner is the author of over 100 books in a variety of genres and heat levels, from mainstream mystery and sci-fi all the way up to scorching menage and BDSM.

When
More about Lesli Richardson...