Start by marking “Cable, Vol. 2: Waiting for the End of the World” as Want to Read:
Cable, Vol. 2: Waiting for the End of the World

Cable, Vol. 2: Waiting for the End of the World (Cable, Vol. 2 #2)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  215 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Meanwhile, back in the present . . . In the aftermath of the "Messiah Complex" war, Cyclops took a leap of faith and allowed his son Cable to disappear into the time stream with the first new mutant birth since "M" day - and the future of the dwindling mutant population - tucked under his arm. Weeks later, he still waits for a sign, however small, that he made the right de ...more
Hardcover, Premiere Hardcover, 176 pages
Published May 27th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Cable, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cable, Vol. 2

Gayle Francis Moffet
May 04, 2014 Gayle Francis Moffet rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2014, may-2014
A solid follow-up to the first arc. It felt a little scattered as it started directly in the midst of a whole new place/time/set-up for Cable and Hope, and I could have done with about half of the angst from Scott's side of things, but I still enjoyed the story and especially enjoyed watching Nate continue to try to kid himself that he's not Hope's father.

Could have done without the death of his wife in order to name his kid. 110% over that tired, cliche fridging use of female characters. I mean
Jukka Kuva
Feb 12, 2013 Jukka Kuva rated it liked it
Cable is the son of Cyclops (from the X-Men if you didn't know) who was lately featured in a team-up comic with Deadpool. Shortly after that was finished, Cable got his own comic again. This time he's trying to protect a child who should grow up to save humanity from a horrible future. Cable is followed by another superhuman, Lucas Bishop, who believes that child to be the cause of that horrible future. Cable can travel in time but unfortunately for him, so can Bishop. Olivetti's artwork is quit ...more
Mitchell
The basic story of Cable and Hope is okay. But the art is just barely okay, Cable is especially bad. And I just don't buy anything around what Bishop is doing. And the X-Men portion is mostly lame. New Liberty was cool as were the cockroaches. And I kind of like the Cable legends as traps. But all in all this should have been better.
Matthew Ledrew
Jan 30, 2016 Matthew Ledrew rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, x-men, reviewed
Story continues its welcome slow pace, but the art has reached uncanny valley levels of bad. I'd rather good cartoon art than bad painted art.
Sonic
Jan 05, 2010 Sonic rated it really liked it
While Volume 2 lacks the consistency of featuring only Ariel Olivetti's incomparable art, the back up artist delivers excellent art and the writing is certainly kicked up a notch from Volume 1. There is much more plot, and it is good! I have seen this artist handle the violent, the comic as well as the tender, all with remarkable skill, the art is actually painted, and the forms have texture, dimension, mass and weight the likes of which I have never seen in painted comic art before! My first th ...more
Alekz
Jun 14, 2015 Alekz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Cable and Bishop are badasses, I really liked this.
Ryan
May 25, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really liked this series, but it would never last. When you get past the fights with Bishop, you are left with a much more dramatic story that isn't all characters dressed up in spandex. Kind of a strange hybrid of post-apocalyptic survival and drama. Art is top-notch as expected in this series.
J.
Mar 29, 2015 J. rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I really like this series. There's something inherently nonsensical about the chasing-through-time scenario, but Swierczynski makes a valiant attempt to take the premise seriously, and comes up with lots of interesting ideas in the process.
Lord
Aug 28, 2011 Lord rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Much bettera than the first volume that was only about fighting with Bishop. Hope finally gets a bit older here and there are some interesting plot developments..
Travis
Jun 10, 2011 Travis rated it really liked it
Starts off kind of weird but it really grew on me as the story progressed.
Domingo
Jul 29, 2012 Domingo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I enjoyed much better then Vol. 1, surprisingly
Sharon
Nov 14, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Scott
May 31, 2010 Scott rated it really liked it
Good Stuff! See my review of Vol 1
CrisminatorX Van Storm
CrisminatorX Van Storm rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
tiffafett
tiffafett marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Galen
Galen rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Enrique Peral
Enrique Peral rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Jan 16, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Mortimer Dennis
Mortimer Dennis rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2016
Clare
Clare rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Gareth Hatfield
Gareth Hatfield rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Glen
Glen rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Ailed
Ailed marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
  • X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong
  • Uncanny X-Men: The Extremists
  • Decimation: Generation M
  • New X-Men: Academy X, Vol. 2: Haunted
Duane Swierczynski is an American crime writer who has written a number of non-fiction books, novels and also writes for comic books.
More about Duane Swierczynski...

Cable, Vol. 2 (5 books)