Start by marking “The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  81,211 ratings  ·  3,021 reviews
Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings
Mass Market Paperback, 391 pages
Published April 6th 2010 by Orbit (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Reckoning, please sign up.

Regan If you read the darkest power trilogy,also by Kelley Armstrong, the last book leads back to Chloe and all the characters from this trilogy. It has a…moreIf you read the darkest power trilogy,also by Kelley Armstrong, the last book leads back to Chloe and all the characters from this trilogy. It has a better conclusion for what happens to her, and it has the same type of supernatural beings, so it is as amazing as this trilogy.(less)
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
10th out of 1,218 books — 10,701 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLinger by Maggie StiefvaterSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
YA Books of 2010 & 2011 I'm LIVING to read!!
11th out of 1,131 books — 6,288 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebekah
June 2010- if derek and chloe do not get together in this book, i think i just might die. really.

September 2012- I'm always so disappointed when I finish this series. Like, "But... what do you mean it's over? We were just getting into some major character development..." disappointed.
I almost wish this series was turned into a tv show just because I like the characters so much.
Heather
It’s nearly impossible for me to write a review for books that I love. I’m never able to do them justice, but I’ll give it a whirl. The Reckoning is the final installment to Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers Trilogy. If you haven’t read The Summoning and The Awakening, I would advise you not to read this installment until you have. The Darkest Powers’ world is constantly evolving and Armstrong doesn’t waste her time catching readers up to what they should already know, which I have to admit, is ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I'm not going to spoil the story for you but there are plenty of good bits, in fact I noted down my favourite pages to do with Chloe and Derek: 125, 225, 242, 292, 371-2 and 390. The part in the woods with the werewolves was excellent, my eyes were glued to the pages. I love how Chloe and Derek are determined to protect each other at great risk to their own lives.

This may be a young adult trilogy but it didn't always feel like it, in a good way of course. Derek calling Chloe on her mistakes and
Morgan F
Okay, okay, okay. Four stars.

See, I enjoy these books while reading them, and its not until afterwards that I realize their faults. I get sucked into the easy writing and run-and-hide plot. Its certainly a good way to spend a few hours.

This series could have been one book, because really, the plot of these books is pretty much running, hiding, moments of sexual tension, and the occasional revelation. Take a cheese grater to this series, and you might just have one excellent YA paranormal.

If yo
Tatiana
Apr 19, 2010 Tatiana rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of first 2 books in the trilogy
As seen on The Readventurer

I love Kelley Armstrong. I love her adult "Women of the Otherworld" series. I do not love her YA books, I think they are just OK reads, with overabundance of action but lacking actual plot and satisfying story resolutions. The same applies to this final book in the Chloe Saunders trilogy.

Most likely, if you enjoyed "The Summoning" and "The Awakening," I expect you will like "The Reckoning," because it's basically more of the same - the same running around scenarios wit
Rockatang3 (BlebeTanja)
The. Best. Friggin'. Series. I've read in a long long long long long (you get the picture) time. I was thrilled. Super-excited. Impressed. So glad someone restored my faith in believing there could still be good books in the world. Thank you, Kelley Armstrong. You did great.
I can't express with words how superb this book (and series) was. Everything about this book appealed to me. The likeable characters, the imaginative plot, the way how the love triangle was portrayed, even though it wasn't ev
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2009 Stephanie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Derek and Chloe have such a connection! I really hope they do something about it in this book!!!!! Make out.... Do the Do... BUT DO SOMETHING!!!! lol
Kayla
Dec 10, 2009 Kayla marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for this book. I just finished the first 2 and they were amazing!!!! I love Derek and Chloe...Sorry Simon. I also just got done reading the first 3 chapters of this one, it's gonna be GREAT!!!
xtina
not with a bang but a whimper

(I wouldn't normally write such a lengthy review for a book that disappointed me as much as this one (why waste any more time on it!?) - but the more I got to thinking about the issues I had with this book, yet more and more troubling issues kept occurring to me, and the angrier I became...so the review just grew and grew. Sorry.)

Unlike the previous two installments of the Darkest Powers Series, which are driven both by plot and character development, The Reckoning i
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2012/0...

LOVED IT!!

The Reckoning, the third book in the Darkest Powers trilogy, starts off with intensity and ends triumphantly. And all good stuff in between!

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to write a review without some spoilers... but I'll try to keep the major ones out.

Where the first two books lacked in a bit of romance, it was made up for in this book! Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing ch
Phoebe
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Strange Panda
"The Reckoning" Has not yet been put on the shelves, But my Mother works for a book company and so I have gotten the book early. I am currently reading this book and it is just like the first two books, Exciting. If you have read "The Summoning," and "The Awakening," You defiantly want to read this book! I have just finished this book and it was diligent! I loved it! Suggestion for the ending, don't think "omg, why did hey end it like that, the should have explaned what happends more and bla bla ...more
Rosanne
Apr 19, 2010 Rosanne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Monisha
I devoured this book.

Read it in one setting even and I was glad to see The Reckoning took us back to The Summoning eerie roots.

MY review for :
->The Summoning(Book 1)

->The Awakening(Book 2)

Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing change from the typica
Jude

This book was just the right amount of EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact: It. Was. Perfect.

Action. Mystery. Fear. Romance. Passion. Truths. Not-wanted truths. And Trouble. Lots of trouble.

All of this and more is poured into the pages of The Reckoning, soaking every page of it. This book was a little bit more focused to the relationship between Chloe and Derek, but still keeping up with all the action. It was really fun and trilling to see Chloe struggle with
Malerie
Can't wait because the last one leaves you hanging something terrible!!! If you haven't read the series, you must. It's good.
Michelle
Lucy
I would not have liked the Darkest Powers series had I not had all three books to read back to back. It's not that I have no patience. I do have a modicum of patience. I keep it in a jar on my desk. No, the problem with reading the Darkest Powers spaced out over the course of the three years they were published is pretty closely aligned with the problem I'm going to have reviewing them. The three books more or less equate one story. There are very few small arches to these books, the first two b ...more
Kyle
3.5

One of those books that you can't help saying "Aw, well isn't that sweet" when you finsih it and genuinely mean it.

Still had plenty of issues with it. However, compared to the first two, especially the second novel The Awakening, this one was pretty good, and better than some recently published paranormal novels.

Not going to do a full review, just list my biggest complaint with this book. While it did have me saying "Aw" and having a slight smile on my face, that ending isn't a good one, sin
Kristi
FINALLY!

All I am going to say is that Chloe finally picked a guy and it was the one I wanted! Wooohooo! I don't even care what happened in the rest of the book, I just wanted that to happen and it did!

First off, I am a huge fan of this series. I love the story, the characters, the world that Armstrong has created. That being said, The Reckoning wasn't my favorite book of the series.

That being said, it felt like the plot was going in circles again with the whole Edison group thing. I understand t
Katherine
Emily
sunset shimmer
I so loved how this series ended. :D Just how I wanted it too. And just who I wanted Chloe to be with. <3
Shannon (shananagins) Jones
I liked this book better than the second one, but at the end I am very frustrated! There are soooo many plot holes and unanswered questions! Is there going to be another book, or did the author just choose to leave all this unanswered?

I would have given this 2 1/2 stars. I did enjoy these books, They are quick, fun reads, and she develops the young characters very well. I really love the personalities of all the kids, they are well thought out and believable. On the whole, this series would hav
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Oh, FINALLY. Here's what I've been waiting for, some decent, relevant action. This was a very pleasant change from the mind-numbing boringness of the first couple of books. I don't care if the group was on the run for most of the 2nd book, it didn't change the fact that it was completely yawn-worthy. In this book, the four are in a hideout and Tori and Chloe are trying to gain more control of their power while trying to prove to the adults of the resistance that they're telling the truth and the ...more
Megan
The Reckoning is not the best written YA, and it will never be a YA series that strongly impacts adults. The entire Darkest Powers series is filled with flaws. There is not nearly enough plot to fill 3 books, the kids are constantly on the run while wondering who to trust and where to go, the big action scenes are confusing, conflicts between the kids are very easily resolved ~ in fact, the love triangle is solved way too amicably to be believed, … but even so, this was an enjoyable read.

As al
Marissa
I cant wait for this book to come out. Derek and Chloe soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo better become an item. They have that POW!!!!!! that simon and chloe will never ever ever ever have. I love kelley armstrong her writing is amazing!!!!!!!!!
loose ends/unanswered questions 19 196 Mar 04, 2015 03:46PM
found a song that totaly says Chole 8 61 Feb 14, 2015 06:56PM
a good movie yall will like 1 12 Feb 08, 2015 12:53PM
Chole and Derek??? 90 527 Feb 08, 2015 12:20PM
Chloe and Derek? or Chloe and Simon? 132 397 Feb 07, 2015 08:54PM
Darkest Powers by...: ending? 9 71 Sep 07, 2014 09:19AM
Crazy for Young A...: The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong → Start Date: April 4th, 2014 24 30 Apr 14, 2014 12:43PM
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, #2)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #4)
  • The Haunted (The Hollow, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Dead Is So Last Year (Dead Is, #3)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Darkest Powers (3 books)
  • The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2)

“You were just worried about me."
An exhale, relieved that I had understood. "Yeah"
I turned. "Because you think I'm worth it"
He put his fingers under my chin. "I absolutely think your worth it."
"But you don't think you are."
His mouth opened. Shut.
"That's what this is about, Derek. You won't let us worry about you because you don't think you're worth it. But I do. I absolutely do.”
722 likes
“So I was right, wasn't I? It's still you, even in wolf form.'
He grunted.
No sudden uncontrollable urges to go kill something?'
He rolled his eyes.
Hey, you're the one who was worried.' I paused. 'And I don't smell like dinner, right?'
I got a real look for that one.
Just covering all the bases.”
472 likes