Start by marking “Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia” as Want to Read:
Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia

Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia (The Inheritance Cycle guide)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,832 ratings  ·  70 reviews
From the creators of the bestselling books Dragonology, Egyptology, Piratelogy, and others, this is a never-before-seen glimpse into the world of Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance cycle. Alagaësia comes alive in a lush and detailed look at an unforgettable magical land. From elves, dwarves, Urgals, humans, and dragons, to the natural landscape and the magic it contains, Er ...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia

Kristi
Three words; fun, fun & fun.

I'm not really sure what to say about this book, except that it's AWESOME! I wish I could get an insiders look like this with some of my other favorite novels. This is a must have for fans of this series. The book itself is beautiful! The pages are wonderfully detailed, there is so much that I never even thought about, such a thorough exploration of the world. I am truly impressed.

I was always a fan of pop-up books when I was younger, one of my favorites (that I s
J.
Lame gimmick on Paolini's part to cash in on the Dragonology books? Yes. Did I buy it? Yes.

Other things I've bought:
-The shoes on my feet.
-The clothes I'm wearing.
-The rock I'm rocking.
-The watch you're wearing.
-The house I live in.
-The car I'm driving.

Why? Because I depend on me if I want it.

Review also posted on My Bookshelf is Ready.
Hannah Dixon
I got this book given to me along with Inheritance,
It is a really great read and really makes the whole Alagaesia experience feel that much more real!
There's so much to keep you engaged, letters from Eragon, Saphira and accounts of personal experiences, aswell as the scales of a dragon and the hair of the beasts of the Beor Mountains and so much more!
Overall though, there's not much to review about this book because words cannot ruly describe the feeling it gives you.
I know only that I always go
Hannah
Awesome book!! It taught and reminded me of lots from the Eragon's world!! This is probably just me being hopeful but if you read it carefully it almost sounds like there could be the possibly of another Inheritance Cycle book! That would be awesome!!
dverghest
Dec 30, 2014 dverghest rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young readers who are really really into the Inheritance cycle
Shelves: fantasy
I bought this book for my daughter before she was able to read English on her own, and translated it for her as a gift (the Norwegian publishers have been exceptionally late with translating the series). I would not have bought this book for myself, though I have read the first three books of the Eragon series and quite enjoy them.

It's a nice enough companion book to the actual books, aimed at those who love the series, though a higher quality finish of the book would have made it a lot nicer.

T
Charlotte ♡
Kvetha fricaya!

I really enjoyed this books because the Inheritance Cycle is my favorite book saga. There were many fun samples of things you could possibly find in Alagaësia, like Arya's favorite flower, dragon's knuckles (which you can use for telling your fortune) and many more. Each page is filled with information and beautiful illustrations of all the races and, of course, maps.

At one point in this book though, it is mentioned that Rhunön would forge you a sword which would not happen becaus
Sidra
I know some people complained that the info given in the book is already known if you have read the series. Some complained about the illustrations. Some complained about the quality of the materials used. BUT I loved the book! It was smart, and very personal. I really felt like i was Rider. An enjoyable read!
Taneka
The art work in this book were amazing. It had maps and detailed descriptions of the characters of The Inheritance Cycle.
George
this is very interesting and detailed the only thing i dislike about it is the way the urgralgra are depicted
Lucinda

A fun, must-have edition to any Dragon Rider’s library

Fabulously fun and full of such wonderful, exquisite detail this brilliant book is a wonderful edition to the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini. What began in Eragon and continued in Eldest, Brisinger and Inheritance now comes together in a single companion volume for the younger reader. Specifically targeted more towards the child/ teenager, this fact filled book is stunningly beautiful with its textured cover (blue Dragon skin) and shin
Odhinn
Jan 28, 2015 Odhinn added it
Not All The Facts Were True But It's Still A Decent Vacation Book Just To See Some Of The Things IN Alagaesia
Lucas
Even though I don't feel this book captures the magic of the Inheritance series, I still have to give this book some credit. The illustrations are pretty, the tone is playful, and it really is a gateway for people to refresh their memory if they haven't read the books in a while. The main thing that frustrated me about this book was the fact that it didn't give any new information about the world of Eragon that I didn't already know. I was really hoping for some little fun facts hidden throughou ...more
A. Analise
I loved all the little bits and pieces in it, and have next to my collection of Dragon Lore!
Marilena
Amazing artwork! This guide-book of Alagaesia is magical!
Barbara
This is a companion book to the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It is a beautiful book and what you'd call a "coffee-table book". It is an extremely fast read, but it is enjoyable if you have read the books. It has little flaps and envelopes and pieces you can touch throughout it.

I wouldn't personally fork out the money for this book, but it was a fun work of art to look at for free.

I classified this as young adult literature just because the books that it is a companion to are young a
Jack
A really nice book. I love the flaps and things inside as it really makes it fun. It's not an essential read, but I suggest that all fans of the series get it as it's good. You may know some of the information already, but it's still excellent. It's a quick read, but it's awesome. Very nice book and it's sure to please all fans of the series!

For more information about this book and other books, please visit my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/TheDougieowner
Erika Vázquez
Just amazing! I loved it
Sarah Kate
Beautifully illustrated
Steve
i really liked this picture book companion to the inheritance cycle. it does contain some spoilers, so i wouldnt read it until you finished brisingr. i really liked the pictures of urgles, ellesmera, tronheim and the beor mountains. i wish there was a picture of teirm, because it had gilead and dras leona. the letters written from eragon were kind of silly IMO. but i still liked it.
Emmy
We all loved pop up books when we were kids, right? Well, I still love them and this book is perfect. There are all types of nooks and crannys in this book. There are different fabrics and furs that you can touch, scales and glitter you can see, and the information is mostly correct. If you read the Inheritance Cycle, then you MUST read this.
Drew Cernava
"A dragon who is not free to do as he or she wishes is not a dragon at all."

Beautifully illustrated and in-depth, this guide to the world of Alagaësia, narrated and complete with notes by Eragon, is perfect for fans of The Inheritance Cycle. I only wish the length wasn't quite so short!
Vixen
very awesome! the artwork was amazing and beautiful and it had great encyclopedic information (that was in the original book though).
the writers seem to think that every time they do this that someone is after them and their work, and they always write things like "the nameless shadow" or "we dont have much time" haha
Rowan Suhre
OH MY GOD! When I saw this book at Barnes and nobles I almost fainted. I had to have that book. I love how it tells you the duties of dragon riders in Alagaësia and about the different races, places and useful items. If you are a fan of Eragon then you should definitely get this book.
Catalina Sennett
Fans of Eragon will love!! Shows very detailed images of the world Paolini has created, and even back stories of all the races, and animals, and clothing, so much!! Not necessary to read, but if you want to know a bit more about Alagaesia, this is the book for you!
Eve
This is a great interactive book that I read every time I decide to reread the inheritance cycle. The illustrations are beautiful and the only one I cannot look at is an illustration of eragon himself(because I imagined him a little different).
Aavis
Complete waste of paper. Everything written in this book was either said in the actual series or impossible considering what happened in there. I was kind of hoping that the pictures would be awesome but if they were, I didn't notice it.
Abigail
I think this book is unnecessary if you have read books 1,2,and 3. If you haven't read them and have an interest in reading Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr it will take the joy of suspense and discovery out of the story.
Kim
As a major fan of Eragon, this book is a cool illustrated guide to Paolini's world. It's like a lift the flap book for grown-ups. There are plenty of hidden items and tine treasures to keep any kid of any age, busy.
The Dragon's Lair: Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia 1 4 Apr 20, 2013 12:28PM
eragon 3 6 Aug 08, 2012 01:52PM
  • The Inheritance Almanac
  • Blood Tide (Never Land Books, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Riders: Your Favorite Authors on Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle
  • Trundle's Quest (The Six Crowns, #1)
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
  • The Ultimate Unauthorized Eragon Guide: The Hidden Facts Behind the World of Alagaesia
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • Dogs Don't Do Ballet
  • Man Gave Names to All the Animals
  • I'm Big!
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
  • Where Is Tippy Toes?
  • Rescue Bunnies
  • AlphaOops: H Is for Halloween
  • Brother Sun, Sister Moon: Saint Francis of Assisi's Canticle of the Creatures
  • Dotty
  • Thursdays with the Crown (Castle Glower, #3)
Christopher Paolini was born on November 17, 1983 in Southern California. He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana with his parents and younger sister, Angela. The tall, jagged Beartooth Mountains rise on one side of Paradise Valley. Snowcapped most of the year, they inspired the fantastic scenery in the Inheritance Cycle.

Christopher is grateful to all his readers. He is especiall
More about Christopher Paolini...

The Inheritance Cycle (4 books)
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
  • Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)
  • Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)
Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3) Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) Eragon, Eldest & Brisingr (Inheritance, #1-3)