Start by marking “Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia” as Want to Read:
Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia

Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia (The Inheritance Cycle guide)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2,535 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
From the creators of the bestselling books Dragonology, Egyptology, Piratelogy, and others, this is a never-before-seen glimpse into the world of Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance cycle. Alagaësia comes alive in a lush and detailed look at an unforgettable magical land. From elves, dwarves, Urgals, humans, and dragons, to the natural landscape and the magic it contains, Er ...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia

Kristi
Nov 15, 2009 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Three words; fun, fun & fun.

I'm not really sure what to say about this book, except that it's AWESOME! I wish I could get an insiders look like this with some of my other favorite novels. This is a must have for fans of this series. The book itself is beautiful! The pages are wonderfully detailed, there is so much that I never even thought about, such a thorough exploration of the world. I am truly impressed.

I was always a fan of pop-up books when I was younger, one of my favorites (that I s
Geo Kwnstantinou
Apr 28, 2016 Geo Kwnstantinou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Τι θυμήθηκα τώρα!Εραγκον και Σαφιρα! Πολύ αγάπημενη σειρά βιβλίων κι αυτή!Δράκοι,δρακοκαβαλαρηδες, ξωτικά,νάνοι! Λατρεύω τα pop-up βιβλία!!
Darth J
Apr 01, 2013 Darth J rated it it was amazing
Lame gimmick on Paolini's part to cash in on the Dragonology books? Yes. Did I buy it? Yes.

Other things I've bought:
-The shoes on my feet.
-The clothes I'm wearing.
-The rock I'm rocking.
-The watch you're wearing.
-The house I live in.
-The car I'm driving.

Why? Because I depend on me if I want it.

Review also posted on My Bookshelf is Ready.
Hannah Dixon
Sep 02, 2012 Hannah Dixon rated it it was amazing
I got this book given to me along with Inheritance,
It is a really great read and really makes the whole Alagaesia experience feel that much more real!
There's so much to keep you engaged, letters from Eragon, Saphira and accounts of personal experiences, aswell as the scales of a dragon and the hair of the beasts of the Beor Mountains and so much more!
Overall though, there's not much to review about this book because words cannot ruly describe the feeling it gives you.
I know only that I always go
Hannah
Jul 17, 2012 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, high-fantasy
Awesome book!! It taught and reminded me of lots from the Eragon's world!! This is probably just me being hopeful but if you read it carefully it almost sounds like there could be the possibly of another Inheritance Cycle book! That would be awesome!!
Jaqueline Miguel
Jan 31, 2015 Jaqueline Miguel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: minhascompras
Adquiri este livro na minha primeira e única experiência com o AwesomeBooks, foi a única porque todos os livros vinham em mau estado e este foi o único que até dava para remediar com um bocadinho de fita-cola. O livro é lindíssimo, em capa dura e cheio de pormenores fascinantes para descobrir. É uma autêntica obra-prima em termos de arte e apresentação. Perfeito para os fãs da série, que começou por ser Trilogia, da Herança.
O autor brinda-nos com um mundo inteiro que ele criou na sua imaginaçã
Sidra
Oct 09, 2011 Sidra rated it it was amazing
I know some people complained that the info given in the book is already known if you have read the series. Some complained about the illustrations. Some complained about the quality of the materials used. BUT I loved the book! It was smart, and very personal. I really felt like i was Rider. An enjoyable read!
Rose Heartfilia
Feb 27, 2017 Rose Heartfilia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
coming soon
Lillian Bittle
Mar 02, 2017 Lillian Bittle rated it really liked it
I wouldn't suggest reading this book until you've read at least the first 3 books of the Inheritance Cycle as there are quite a few spoilers in here!
Charlotte ♡
Apr 22, 2014 Charlotte ♡ rated it it was amazing
Kvetha fricaya!

I really enjoyed this books because the Inheritance Cycle is my favorite book saga. There were many fun samples of things you could possibly find in Alagaësia, like Arya's favorite flower, dragon's knuckles (which you can use for telling your fortune) and many more. Each page is filled with information and beautiful illustrations of all the races and, of course, maps.

At one point in this book though, it is mentioned that Rhunön would forge you a sword which would not happen becaus
Kat
Dec 28, 2015 Kat rated it really liked it
This book is a fantastic companion to The Inheritance Cycle, containing numerous pages of beautiful illustrations and extra bits of information about Alagaësia and the people that Eragon meets. I am a huge fan of ‘interactive’ books, and, with all the pull out extra items, miniature books and different materials throughout the book, it certainly doesn’t disappoint in that area either. Of course, I’m a little too old to believe that a piece of glittery card is actually a dragon wing, but I can ce ...more
dverghest
Apr 05, 2012 dverghest rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Young readers who are really really into the Inheritance cycle
Shelves: fantasy
I bought this book for my daughter before she was able to read English on her own, and translated it for her as a gift (the Norwegian publishers have been exceptionally late with translating the series). I would not have bought this book for myself, though I have read the first three books of the Eragon series and quite enjoy them.

It's a nice enough companion book to the actual books, aimed at those who love the series, though a higher quality finish of the book would have made it a lot nicer.

T
Drew (Drew’s Cup of Tea)
"A dragon who is not free to do as he or she wishes is not a dragon at all."

Beautifully illustrated and in-depth, this guide to the world of Alagaësia, narrated and complete with notes by Eragon, is perfect for fans of The Inheritance Cycle. I only wish the length wasn't quite so short!
Munaya Al salhee
I only read the first book in the series and that is Eragon, because it took me a long time to finish it and to get in the mind set of the book. But this book I really liked and it's really nice to see some of the places that are mentioned in the book
George
Aug 17, 2011 George rated it it was amazing
this is very interesting and detailed the only thing i dislike about it is the way the urgralgra are depicted
J
Jun 17, 2015 J rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-in-2015
I really wanted to understand this world better, and this book helps with that in such a fun way. I can't get enough of this series.
Julie Mgt
Feb 08, 2017 Julie Mgt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Très sympa, ça m'a donné envie de relire la saga. Cependant, on apprend finalement rien de nouveau, c'est juste un condensé de l'univers. J'ai été un peu déçue par la qualité, mais cela reste un beau livre que je suis contente d'avoir :)
Grace Holly Bittle
good but do not read before the other books.
Lucinda

A fun, must-have edition to any Dragon Rider’s library

Fabulously fun and full of such wonderful, exquisite detail this brilliant book is a wonderful edition to the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini. What began in Eragon and continued in Eldest, Brisinger and Inheritance now comes together in a single companion volume for the younger reader. Specifically targeted more towards the child/ teenager, this fact filled book is stunningly beautiful with its textured cover (blue Dragon skin) and shin
Lucas
Jul 02, 2012 Lucas rated it liked it
Even though I don't feel this book captures the magic of the Inheritance series, I still have to give this book some credit. The illustrations are pretty, the tone is playful, and it really is a gateway for people to refresh their memory if they haven't read the books in a while. The main thing that frustrated me about this book was the fact that it didn't give any new information about the world of Eragon that I didn't already know. I was really hoping for some little fun facts hidden throughou ...more
Barbara
Nov 19, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
This is a companion book to the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It is a beautiful book and what you'd call a "coffee-table book". It is an extremely fast read, but it is enjoyable if you have read the books. It has little flaps and envelopes and pieces you can touch throughout it.

I wouldn't personally fork out the money for this book, but it was a fun work of art to look at for free.

I classified this as young adult literature just because the books that it is a companion to are young a
Simon
Mar 04, 2013 Simon rated it really liked it
I read this book before I had finished the second book of the series and thus was exposed to some unfortunate spoilers. I didn't realize this at the time, so it was a learning lesson about how to read series and companion books.

This book was a good read though and was a fun little break from the thick detailed word and wold of Paolini's main core story.

It also helped to broaden and widen the knowledge of the world he created and the creatures that populate and live within it. I could better unde
Jack
May 16, 2011 Jack rated it liked it
A really nice book. I love the flaps and things inside as it really makes it fun. It's not an essential read, but I suggest that all fans of the series get it as it's good. You may know some of the information already, but it's still excellent. It's a quick read, but it's awesome. Very nice book and it's sure to please all fans of the series!

For more information about this book and other books, please visit my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/TheDougieowner
Elizabeth•it's all for the Lord•
This is such a helpful book on Alagaësia's history, culture, begining, creatures, magic and tons more stuff. I advise u to read it after u finish Brisigr because if u read it before u finish it, there will b MAJOR spoiler. It's Eragon talking to u as if u were his dragon Rider student. It's pretty awesome. Ps Dont watch Eragon the movie unless u want to b yelling at the tv because the directors totaly screwed up.
Emmy
Dec 20, 2011 Emmy rated it it was amazing
We all loved pop up books when we were kids, right? Well, I still love them and this book is perfect. There are all types of nooks and crannys in this book. There are different fabrics and furs that you can touch, scales and glitter you can see, and the information is mostly correct. If you read the Inheritance Cycle, then you MUST read this.
Steve
Jul 31, 2011 Steve rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, signed
i really liked this picture book companion to the inheritance cycle. it does contain some spoilers, so i wouldnt read it until you finished brisingr. i really liked the pictures of urgles, ellesmera, tronheim and the beor mountains. i wish there was a picture of teirm, because it had gilead and dras leona. the letters written from eragon were kind of silly IMO. but i still liked it.
Kay
Sep 19, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
very awesome! the artwork was amazing and beautiful and it had great encyclopedic information (that was in the original book though).
the writers seem to think that every time they do this that someone is after them and their work, and they always write things like "the nameless shadow" or "we dont have much time" haha
Grace Baggins
Dec 25, 2015 Grace Baggins rated it it was amazing
Got this for Christmas and I wasn't expecting it at all and it really made my day! I love how it's told from Eragon's point of view, though don't read it until you've read the entire Inheritance Cycle because it does have spoilers from it. The very end was spectacular and really made the book, and I will treasure everything inside it for a very long time.
Alma Q
Complete waste of paper. Everything written in this book was either said in the actual series or impossible considering what happened in there. I was kind of hoping that the pictures would be awesome but if they were, I didn't notice it.
Abigail
Jun 17, 2010 Abigail rated it did not like it
I think this book is unnecessary if you have read books 1,2,and 3. If you haven't read them and have an interest in reading Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr it will take the joy of suspense and discovery out of the story.
The Dragon's Lair: Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia 1 7 Apr 20, 2013 12:28PM
eragon 3 7 Aug 08, 2012 01:52PM
  • The Inheritance Almanac
  • Secrets of the Dragon Riders: Your Favorite Authors on Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle
  • The Ultimate Unauthorized Eragon Guide: The Hidden Facts Behind the World of Alagaesia
  • Cave of the Dark Wind (Never Land, #2)
  • The Fairy Realm (Fairy Realm, #1-6)
  • Where Is Tippy Toes?
  • Oceanology: The True Account of the Voyage of the Nautilus
  • Elfenmagie (Elvion, #1)
  • Man Gave Names to All the Animals
  • I'm Big!
  • Trundle's Quest (The Six Crowns #1)
  • Brother Sun, Sister Moon: Saint Francis of Assisi's Canticle of the Creatures
  • Dotty
  • Rescue Bunnies
  • Dogs Don't Do Ballet
  • Hibernation Station
  • AlphaOops: H Is for Halloween
  • Das Erbe des Lichts (Grim, #2)
Christopher Paolini was born on November 17, 1983 in Southern California. He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana with his parents and younger sister, Angela. The tall, jagged Beartooth Mountains rise on one side of Paradise Valley. Snowcapped most of the year, they inspired the fantastic scenery in the Inheritance Cycle.

Christopher is grateful to all his readers. He is especiall
More about Christopher Paolini...

The Inheritance Cycle (5 books)
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
  • Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)
  • Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)
  • Untitled (The Inheritance Cycle, #5)