Start by marking “Dark End Of The Spectrum” as Want to Read:
Dark End Of The Spectrum

Dark End Of The Spectrum

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"The family elements in the story - the real struggles with marriage, raising a family, making a living, and just trying to enjoy life - have broadened the book's appeal to a wider audience, primarily women who are not into technology."

DARK END OF SPECTRUM will make you think twice before turning on your cell phone or PDA!

DARK END OF THE SPECTRUM is a frighteningly plausi
Published February 4th 2009 by Createspace (first published June 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dark End Of The Spectrum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark End Of The Spectrum

Jp
This was a free ebook that I downloaded. I really enjoyed this suspenseful tale. The story was full of action right up to the ending.
Grace Krispy
With some serious editing, this book would make a good movie. The plot is consistent with some of the action/adventure thrillers gracing the screen, and the concept is original, and one I haven't quite seen before.

That being said, this book needs a lot of work. The author uses a lot of descriptive language, and some of it is quite nice. However, those phrases are thrown into a mix of run-on sentences filled with grammar errors, and noticeably lacking proper punctuation (I'm not sure there is a c
Anthony Policastro
When planes start dropping out of the sky and when people and their electronic equipment - computers and cellular phones - are baked and fried from a deadly energy pulse, the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, and the President of the United States discover they are helpless against their own technology, which has been commandeered by a group of terrorists and turned against them. Without any plausible way for the government to prevent the terrorists from destroying the lives of millions of people on ...more
Anthony Policastro
Jul 05, 2010 Anthony Policastro rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark End of the Spectrum is now the number 4 bestseller on Kindle. Take a look - the ending will floor you!

Reviews

My newest book, Dark End of the Spectrum has received several reviews and they have caused me to nearly fall off my chair when I heard them.

When I finished writing the mystery/thriller, I thought it would appeal mainly to computer geeks, readers interested in technology, and people who knew their way around the Internet.

Not only does it appeal to these audiences, it also appeals to w
Sheila
At 468 pages, Dark End of the Spectrum, by Anthony S. Policastro, felt rather long to me, but the pages turned quickly, even on a computer, and by the time the CIA arrived to take Dan away from his family on a sunny day off I was thoroughly hooked. I’m not sure what I’d have done then if my cell-phone had rung.

Dan understands technology. He talks about Ultra Wide Band transmissions and 512 bit encryption, and I wonder how out of date I am. But he’s plausible and convincing when he describes the
Lynxpardina
Enthralling book with an interesting plot that makes you read and read till the end.
The plot involves the latest communications technology and some futuristic inventions mixed with the worries and the day by day of a family man that becomes involved in a nightmare where thousands of people die and terrorists threaten the whole country.
He's a key man to defeat them.
Paulette
Thriller that will make you think TWICE or EVEN THREE TIMES before turning on your cell phone, computer, wireless device or even KINDLE!!! Creepy scary but interesting read!
Danie van der Merwe
A really enjoyable techno thriller!
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Carney
Carney added it
Dec 09, 2012
Jimmie Eichman
Jimmie Eichman marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jun 24, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2011
Elihu
Elihu marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Ellen Maze
Ellen Maze marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2011
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Anthony S. Policastro has been writing all his life.

The publication of his first novel is the pinnacle of his work having previously published articles in The New York Times, American Photographer and other national, regional, and local publications.

Policastro was the former editor-in-chief of Carolina Style magazine, a regional lifestyle publication similar to Southern Living magazine. He was a f
More about Anthony S. Policastro...
Dark End of the Spectrum Absence of Faith