Start by marking “Dark End Of The Spectrum” as Want to Read:
Dark End Of The Spectrum

Dark End Of The Spectrum

"The family elements in the story - the real struggles with marriage, raising a family, making a living, and just trying to enjoy life - have broadened the book's appeal to a wider audience, primarily women who are not into technology."

DARK END OF SPECTRUM will make you think twice before turning on your cell phone or PDA!

DARK END OF THE SPECTRUM is a frighteningly plausi
Published February 4th 2009 by Createspace (first published June 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dark End Of The Spectrum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark End Of The Spectrum

Jp
Mar 25, 2009 Jp rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free ebook that I downloaded. I really enjoyed this suspenseful tale. The story was full of action right up to the ending.
Grace Krispy
With some serious editing, this book would make a good movie. The plot is consistent with some of the action/adventure thrillers gracing the screen, and the concept is original, and one I haven't quite seen before.

That being said, this book needs a lot of work. The author uses a lot of descriptive language, and some of it is quite nice. However, those phrases are thrown into a mix of run-on sentences filled with grammar errors, and noticeably lacking proper punctuation (I'm not sure there is a c
Anthony Policastro
When planes start dropping out of the sky and when people and their electronic equipment - computers and cellular phones - are baked and fried from a deadly energy pulse, the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, and the President of the United States discover they are helpless against their own technology, which has been commandeered by a group of terrorists and turned against them. Without any plausible way for the government to prevent the terrorists from destroying the lives of millions of people on ...more
Anthony Policastro
Feb 23, 2016 Anthony Policastro rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark End of the Spectrum is now the number 4 bestseller on Kindle. Take a look - the ending will floor you!

Reviews

My newest book, Dark End of the Spectrum has received several reviews and they have caused me to nearly fall off my chair when I heard them.

When I finished writing the mystery/thriller, I thought it would appeal mainly to computer geeks, readers interested in technology, and people who knew their way around the Internet.

Not only does it appeal to these audiences, it also appeals to w
Sheila
Jun 03, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
At 468 pages, Dark End of the Spectrum, by Anthony S. Policastro, felt rather long to me, but the pages turned quickly, even on a computer, and by the time the CIA arrived to take Dan away from his family on a sunny day off I was thoroughly hooked. I’m not sure what I’d have done then if my cell-phone had rung.

Dan understands technology. He talks about Ultra Wide Band transmissions and 512 bit encryption, and I wonder how out of date I am. But he’s plausible and convincing when he describes the
Lynxpardina
Aug 19, 2009 Lynxpardina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enthralling book with an interesting plot that makes you read and read till the end.
The plot involves the latest communications technology and some futuristic inventions mixed with the worries and the day by day of a family man that becomes involved in a nightmare where thousands of people die and terrorists threaten the whole country.
He's a key man to defeat them.
Paulette
Aug 22, 2010 Paulette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Thriller that will make you think TWICE or EVEN THREE TIMES before turning on your cell phone, computer, wireless device or even KINDLE!!! Creepy scary but interesting read!
Danie van der Merwe
A really enjoyable techno thriller!
Teresa Tran
Teresa Tran marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Kenneth Howerton
Kenneth Howerton marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Anthony W. Noblett
Anthony W. Noblett rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Potatobug
Potatobug rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2014
Barry Hurst
Barry Hurst rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2014
Todd S.
Todd S. rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Pj
Pj added it
Aug 23, 2013
Siim Viikman
Siim Viikman rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Iroulito91
Iroulito91 marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Carney
Carney added it
Dec 09, 2012
Jimmie Eichman
Jimmie Eichman marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jun 24, 2012
Bob Pinkerton
Bob Pinkerton rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2011
Elihu
Elihu marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Anthony S. Policastro has been writing all his life.

The publication of his first novel is the pinnacle of his work having previously published articles in The New York Times, American Photographer and other national, regional, and local publications.

Policastro was the former editor-in-chief of Carolina Style magazine, a regional lifestyle publication similar to Southern Living magazine. He was a f
More about Anthony S. Policastro...