Central Works in Technical Communication

Central Works in Technical Communication

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Bringing together thirty-two landmark essays, Central Works in Technical Communication provides a broad and representative overview of the field. It introduces students, new teachers, and new practitioners to the community of technical communication as an intellectual and communal endeavor that encompasses such complex theoretical topics as research methods, social issues,...more
Published February 26th 2004 by Oxford University Press, USA

Tapani Aulu
Alan perusteos. Harvoin yliopistoa varten luettu kirja on oikeasti mielenkiintoinen, mutta tämä oli hyvä ja kattava paketti teknisen viestinnän historiasta.
Susan Wilcox
My usual practice of not giving textbooks a higher rating still applies. Maybe someday I'll come back through and revise these once I have a clearer picture of what the books mean to my work. Until then? This collection of articles is great and gives a nice overview of the field and its history. I also enjoy the authors' reflections on the pieces at the beginning of each article.
Meg
A lot of this is dated because it deals with technology, but overall it's a good, and thorough, overview of the discussions that are going on, and have been going on, within the technical communication field. It's not a topic I plan to explore ever again. This book not only helped lead me to that conclusion but made the time I did spend studying tc relatively painless.
Chris
Central? Try Critical. Or Crucial. Or Downright Canonical.

This is a useful, multidimensional, theory-rich and practice-laden text. I'll dogear it for years to come.
Kelly Elmore
Kelly Elmore is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2014
Keijones
Keijones marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Mar 14, 2012
Ian
Ian is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2011
amelia
amelia added it
Dec 17, 2011
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2011
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 07, 2011
Kdragos
Kdragos marked it as to-read
May 02, 2011
Joe Erickson
Joe Erickson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2011
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2010
Datacloud: Toward A New Theory Of Online Work (New Dimensions in Computers and Composition) Nostalgic Angels: Rearticulating Hypertext Writing Solving Problems in Technical Communication Designing Effective Web Sites: A Concise Guide Solving Problems in Technical Communication