Start by marking “Diary of a Real Estate Rookie: My Year of Flipping, Selling, and Rebuilding -€“ and What I Learned [The Hard Way]” as Want to Read:

With humor and grace--as well as an eye for the fabulous and outrageous--real estate rookie Alison Rogers offers an insider's tale of the hottest real estate market in the country.

Expanding upon Rogers' weekly national column in "Inman News, Diary of a Real Estate Rookie "chronicles a former real estate journalist's wily adventures, from a gutsy attempt at starting a real

Published June 5th 2007 by Kaplan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Real Estate Rookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Real Estate Rookie

FreshGrads .Sg
Nov 07, 2010 FreshGrads .Sg rated it really liked it
Property seems to be the hot topic these days, especially with the endless rise in property prices and the recent regulation changes. That said, the thought of becoming a real estate broker has crossed many a mind on this tiny island with a bulging demand for homes.

In "Diary of a Real Estate Rookie", former business journalist and a founding editor of the New York Post's real estate supplement, Alison Rogers, shares her experience as a greenhorn property broker in New Jersey. Filled with humor a
Julie Robenhymer
Apr 17, 2016 Julie Robenhymer rated it it was ok
The title drew me in and the writer was funny, but I'm not sure I learned anything that I didn't already know - career changes are hard, flipping is hard, you gotta hustle as a freelancer, things are better when you have a supportive spouse and bosses who want to help you succeed. I wouldn't recommend it.
Cathy
Aug 08, 2010 Cathy rated it liked it
a fun read, but not what I expected. I thought she'd talk more about her experience as a real estate flipper, but that was short-lived. most of the book is really rant about selling real estate in Manhattan, and then devolves into very loosely edited version of her columns from other publications. good real estate advice, though!
Persephone
Aug 27, 2007 Persephone rated it it was amazing
I love this book and not just because my best friend wrote and I'm a minor character in it.

It's funny and also quite touching in places and also has lots of advice to help you buy or sell real estate. Plus it only costs 10 bucks on Amazon. You should all buy it!
J. Joan
Sep 12, 2008 J. Joan rated it liked it
Not a bad quick read with good tips/thoughts on buying real estate from a blogger who broke into the tough NYC realty business not long ago. It's actually also chock full of various resources (other blogs, websites, books) worth checking out - too bad there is no bibliography.
Catherine
Jun 20, 2007 Catherine rated it liked it
This book provides a lot of valuable information whether you're a buyer or seller of real estate. It's a great book to have to refer back to for the author's helpful tips.
Erin
Aug 23, 2014 Erin rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: newbie real estate agents
The first half of this book I seriously questioned myself as to why I was reading it. However it did pick up around the middle and I found the last few chapters interesting.
Sandee
Feb 11, 2016 Sandee rated it really liked it
Based a lot on blog posts, it's somewhat repetitive but a fun read if you're in the industry or always wanted to be a realtor!
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2009
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Nicholle
Nicholle rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2008
Mike
Mar 22, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it
A great look at a true and real experience.
Rhiannon Schade
Rhiannon Schade rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Sassacaia
Sassacaia rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Anthony Marquez
Anthony Marquez rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2007
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2011
Randall Pink Floyd
Randall Pink Floyd rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2016
Stacy Millon
Stacy Millon rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2011
Brainy Boro
Brainy Boro rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2016
Madalene
Madalene rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2007
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2009
Matt Friedman
Matt Friedman rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Ann M
Ann M rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2009
Amanda Reinfelds
Amanda Reinfelds rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2010