Start by marking “Third Watch: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #10)” as Want to Read:
Third Watch: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #10)

Third Watch: Acorna's Children (Acorna #10)

The dramatic conclusion to the breathtaking saga of the children of Acorna and Aari.

Khorii, the rebellious daughter of Acorna, the near-mythic heroine of her people, has tried to follow in her mother's footsteps in this time of plague and terror. But the pressure on the courageous young woman to succeed is tremendous, and the legacy she is expected to fulfill is overwhelmi

Published (first published July 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Third Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Watch

Becca
Aug 24, 2007 Becca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
This lousy ending to a series which started off badly and got steadily worse is a confusing, disconnected, and unresolved mess. We are never reintroduced to the characters we read about a year ago, when the second book came out, and are scarcely given enough clues to recognize them at all. Many main characters from the previous books in the series are forgotten, or mentioned only once or twice, as a side note. The "cure" to the "plague" is discovered suddenly in the last few pages, applied to pe ...more
Leilani
Feb 14, 2009 Leilani rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Even though it had been a few years since I read book two and struggled a little trying to remember specifics of what had already occurred, I enjoyed this book until the last four pages. The ending felt like it was just slapped on to rush the end of the book. Little was explained to tie up the story; a very abrupt ending. It was more like someone forgot to finish writing and just decided to publish the outline they drafted out. I was sad to see it that way. I love Anne McCaffrey's books and this ...more
Nov 30, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SOOOOOO GOOD! The Acorna series were actually the first Anne McCaffrey books i ever read, and i just want more!!!
Mary Mackie
Interesting enough to finish the series, but I felt that the author wanted to finish this off as much as I did. Interesting read, but I would not go out of my way to track down another series by these authors. It ought not be filed under Anne McCaffrey, it is not up to her engrossing style.
Jess
Oct 25, 2009 Jess rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly, It's been many a moon since I last read a McCaffrey novel. I was way into her when I was a teen, now I'm 24. I picked up this series and with the first novel I started to remember what I liked about Anne. By the second book I was starting to feel like maybe I was mistaken. By this one I was wondering what on earth happened.

The reasons for the plague and the stages are just so out there (I know, in a book about unicorn people, who am I to complain?). It just all seems so hastily slapp
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably the best book of the Acorna series yet. This book was in two parts, the first half of which they are flitting all through time gets confusing, but the point is that they are learning things about this plague. The second half is when they are actually trying to stop this plague. There is a lot of drama and adventure and that really kept me interested. Then again, I can never seem to put a McCaffrey down.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Khorii has a sister? Ariin comes out of no where. These stories are getting stranger and not really up my alley anymore. This is the last one I'm going to read. I really love Ms. McCaffrey and I try to read anything that she publishes. I have to say the last couple of these books are just not as good as her other work.
Philena Garey
Jul 14, 2015 Philena Garey rated it really liked it
The plague is finally killed! Lots of twists and turns take place in the plot before this is accomplished.

I enjoyed this episode of the plague books more than the earlier ones but still found the temporal jumps hard to follow. I was glad Kornya and Ahrii finally got out of quarantine so they could join the others in the fight against the plague.
Theresa
Feb 28, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Third Watch: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #10)
McCaffrey, Anne
a great continuation of the acorna's story showing the dynamic nature of her children and their ability to stand up to things similar to their parents. They attempt to reconnect time, and Acorna and Ari
Sharon
Jan 10, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, books-i-own
This is one I haven't bought yet, because I couldn't find it when it came out in paperback. This story is getting a bit attenuated by the 10th volume. It was a bot difficult for me to keep track of all the characters. But I'll happily read anything with McCaffrey's name on it.
Cheryl Lengyel
Feb 07, 2015 Cheryl Lengyel rated it really liked it
Third Watch

It feels good to have finally completed the Acorna series. I really enjoyed them all. This book wrapped everything up nicely.
Chelsie Unicornkind
Took a while for me to get into the book, but by the end it got pretty good. Not as spectacular as the earlier books, however.
Marissa
Apr 23, 2011 Marissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Satisfying conclusion to the trilogy and an extremely fitting ending. The loose strings were all wrapped up, and nicely integrated information from the extended series.
Judy
Apr 13, 2008 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008, sci-fi
I usually like this author and had read the prequels to this book. It was okay. I guess I am just not as interested in her books. I did find the end had an interesting twist.
Lisa
Jan 19, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great finish - More could still be done with character development...I wonder if there will be new books in this series?!
Kate Millin
Jul 18, 2014 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third and final story in the Acorna’s children series – where they finally defeat the plague that is decimating the universe
Sue
Dec 11, 2008 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books. Acorna's twins show themselves to be completely different personalities. It's nice to see one of them has a bit of nastiness about her which makes her more real to the reader.
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Deb Myers
Deb Myers rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2012
Bryony Smith
Bryony Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Sandy Sutherby-edwards
Sandy Sutherby-edwards rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Tonna Saunders
Tonna Saunders rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Charlene Peppers
Charlene Peppers rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Marian Westbrook
Marian Westbrook rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
Caitlin Capstick
Caitlin Capstick rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2014
DeAnna
DeAnna rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2010
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2013
Linzylouise
Linzylouise rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
  • Anne McCaffrey's Unicorn Girl: The Illustrated Adventures
  • The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)
  • Dragonholder: The Life and Dreams (So Far) of Anne McCaffrey
  • The Ship Avenged
  • The People of Pern
  • Snows of Darkover (Darkover Anthology Series)
  • Anne McCaffrey: A Life with Dragons
  • Ascending
  • The Exile Waiting
  • The Atlas of Pern
  • The Lion Game
  • Pazuzu's Girl
  • Change of Command (The Serrano Legacy, #6)
  • Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)
  • The Gates of Hell (Heroes in Hell, #2)
  • This Rough Magic (Heirs of Alexandria, #2)
  • Silver Moons, Black Steel (Wolfwalker, #6)
Anne McCaffrey was born on April 1st, 1926, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Anne was educated at Stuart Hall in Staunton Virginia, Montclair High Scho
More about Anne McCaffrey...

Acorna (10 books)
  • Acorna: The Unicorn Girl (Acorna #1)
  • Acorna's Quest (Acorna #2)
  • Acorna's People (Acorna #3)
  • Acorna's World (Acorna #4)
  • Acorna's Search (Acorna #5)
  • Acorna's Rebels (Acorna #6)
  • Acorna's Triumph (Acorna #7)
  • First Warning: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #8)
  • Second Wave: Acorna's Children (Acorna, #9)