Start by marking “Gods at War: Shotgun Takeovers, Government by Deal, and the Private Equity Implosion” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An engaging exploration of modern-day deals and deal-making"Gods at War" details the recent deals and events that have forever changed the world of billion-dollar deal-making. This book is a whirlwind tour of the players determining the destiny of corporate America, including the government, private equity, strategic buyers, hedge funds, and sovereign wealth funds.

It not o...more
Published October 1st 2009 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gods at War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gods at War

Marty
I had high expectations for this book and ended up mildly disappointed.
I think the book suffers from a too-narrow focus and a lack of historical or interdisciplinary context. Also, it is not as well written as I would have expected given Davidoff's pedigree. (His alter-ego is that of the "Deal Professor," the author of a widely-read New York Times blog.)

The book could have used a harsher editor. Part of the problem is that the book seems to be a reiteration of a handful of Davidoff's previous ar...more
B. Rule
This book is related to my work and I thought it sounded interesting, too. However, it is dry as toast and so, so boring. I had to put it down about 50 pages in. Maybe I'll revisit in the future.
Michael
Good thing I didn't go to law school. This took me forever to get through and I found myself finding all sorts of reasons to not pick it up. but I finally got through it. Now on to some fun fiction!
Hillary
Nov 21, 2009 Hillary added it
Shelves: library
three chapters in and I've already learned from this book. be advised it's somewhat technical (and looks like it gets more technical).
AllInStride
Very detailed and technical .. a little to dry for me.
Neil Simpson
Neil Simpson marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Joshua Gutman
Joshua Gutman marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Otto Warner
Otto Warner is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Bfarber
Bfarber marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Chas
Chas marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Michel
Michel added it
Jun 14, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
S Hinchcliffe
S Hinchcliffe marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Hari
Hari marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Tyler Storm
Tyler Storm marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Anselpa
Anselpa marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jgwheaton
Jgwheaton marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014