Start by marking “Claudia's Friend (The Baby-Sitters Club, #63)” as Want to Read:
Claudia's Friend (The Baby-Sitters Club, #63)

Claudia's Friend (The Baby-Sitters Club #63)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  596 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This is book #63 in The Baby Sitters Club series. In this book, Claudia and Shea can't spell, but they can be friends.
Published April 1st 1993 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Claudia's Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claudia's Friend

Tanya
As a tween I DEVOURED the BSC books. I can still remember the first one I read was #8 - Stacey in Sea City. Man did I love those books. You could see a little bit of yourself in almost all of the babysitters. I was artistic, close to my Grandmother, and couldn't spell like Claudia, I was shy and cried easily like Mary Anne, I wore glasses like Mallory. The only one I never really liked was Kristy. I always found her annoying. And really, who likes bossy people?

In the last few years, I've been tr
Ciara
claudia's english teacher, mrs. hall, informs claudia that a big test is coming up, & claudia needs to do really well (not just pass) if she wants to pass english altogether. mrs. hall suggests that claudia take advantage of the tutoring available in the resource room, but claudia freaks. for some reason, she thinks using the resource room will cause everyone at school to think/know she's a dummy. that doesn't seem very charitable to the kids that currently use the resource room, but hey.

at
Laura Hughes
Shea Rodowsky has been diagnosed with dyslexia, and Mrs. Rodowsky asks one of the baby-sitters to tutor him. Claudia doesn’t have enough confidence in her own abilities to volunteer for the job, so Mary Anne takes it, but Shea is so easily frustrated and volatile that it’s slow going. Meanwhile, Claudia’s English teacher tells her she’s in danger of failing if she doesn’t bring her grade up, so Stacey volunteers to tutor her, but she gets overzealous and treats Claudia like a child. They fight. ...more
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Sally
Least favourite, omg. I've always been a good speller, so I just had no liking or respect for Claudia. I mean, I was 7 or so when I started reading and she was meant to be 12 and 13 and she couldn't even spell something like 'what'. Shea had an actual problem, but Claudia was just dumb.

/elitist snob.
Nancy
In which Caludia claims to not be dyslexic (she's actually above average in intelligence. She just doesn't apply herself), and adult BSC fans everywhere collectively call bullshit.
Kate
This time, it's Claudia's Very Special Episode about dyslexia - too bad Claudia doesn't really have a learning disability. Her spelling errors defy the logic of something like dyslexia.
Maria M. Elmvang
Gah! For a couple of best friends, Stacey and Claudia really don't treat each other well. Why don't they just - I don't know - TALK to each other?
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 24, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 25, 2015
Aslı Seymen
Aslı Seymen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jan 17, 2015
Zoe Banchieri
Zoe Banchieri marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)
  • Molly Saves the Day: A Summer Story (American Girls: Molly, #5)
  • Changes for Kirsten: A Winter Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)