Start by marking “Eight Seconds” as Want to Read:
Eight Seconds

Eight Seconds

Ex-bareback rider and part-time songwriter Cam “The Professor” Chester rides pick-up for Philadelphia area rodeos—and rides the men he picks up in Philly’s gay bars. Hated by other rodeo folks, he’s alone in the showers one night when someone knocks him out.

Barebacker, bisexual Wyatt Knott has never met anyone like Cam and is instantly drawn to him. After Wyatt finds Cam u
ebook, Multiformat, 68 pages
Published September 2008 by Amber Quill Press, LLC (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eight Seconds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eight Seconds

Don Bradshaw
Mar 05, 2011 Don Bradshaw rated it liked it
A well put together short story. Closeted rodeo cowboy Wyatt Knott only needed to stay on his bucking bronco for eight minutes. Pick up men Cam Chester pulled Wyatt from his horse when the man is disqualified. Cam is out of the closet and hated on the circuit. He and Wyatt face wild horses and an even wilder man set on killing the couple. Both Cam and Wyatt are hot, likable cowboys but what cowboy isn't?
Elisa Rolle
This short story, less than 50 pages, is quite interesting since it mixes some very good sex scenes with a quite interesting plot. Actually the erotic part has a lion share on the story, but sometime this is not a bad thing.

Cam "The Professor" Chester, is a former bull-rider, now pick-up man in the rodeo circuit by day and country song-writer by night. He is gay and out, and this leads to him a bit of trouble here and there. Cam is not a simple man, he is a lonesome rider type, he likes his lif
Jess Candela
Mar 24, 2012 Jess Candela rated it did not like it
The best thing I can say about this is that it's short. And that I'm done with it. Even so, it seemed to take waaaaaaaay too long to read. The prose was too purple for my liking, not to mention so convoluted I frequently had trouble understanding what was happening or whose head I was in. The experience was uncomfortably similar to reading a (supposedly "polished") rough draft of a student paper.

And then there's the "mystery" which was equally convoluted and ridiculous. If I hadn't been reading
Nile Princess
Sep 05, 2011 Nile Princess rated it really liked it
This story is fairly short but for some reason doesn't feel like it. There's no 'fat' here. It's concise, intensely hot and very well written with characters that are very likeable, without being sappy, and a story line that is well paced. Enjoyed it a lot. Would LOVE to read a sequel.
Summer
Summer rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Nicci Greene
Nicci Greene rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Deborah Gillespie
Deborah Gillespie rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2011
Fee
Fee rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2010
Staceyr
Staceyr rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2010
Barrie Abalard
May 13, 2010 Barrie Abalard rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Candice
Candice rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2011
Glenn Walker
Glenn Walker rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2010
Perpetua
Perpetua rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2010
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2010
Susanne
Susanne rated it liked it
May 02, 2011
Sheila Shepherd
Sheila Shepherd rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Jon Witham
Jon Witham rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
C
C rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Nile Princess
Nile Princess rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2011
Serena Yates
Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2009
Ale
Ale rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Betryal
Betryal rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2009
Eviant Eviant
Eviant Eviant rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2011
JenMcJ
JenMcJ rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2009
JLS
JLS rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2010
mado
mado rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2011
I've come a long way, baby. (And, if you remember the ad campaign that line is from, you're probably close to my age...)

I've been writing both smart-assed and not-so-smart-assed erotic romance and erotica since 1995. My stories often have a spanking component or sub/dom elements, but the non-sex portions of the plots are (at times) inspired by doings in my real life.

In the past, I've worked at a t
More about Barrie Abalard...