Start by marking “One Forbidden Evening (Grantham, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Forbidden Evening (Grantham, #2)

One Forbidden Evening (Grantham #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  293 ratings  ·  20 reviews
As a masked ball reaches its fever pitch, Cybelline Caldwell surrenders to the embrace of a midnight lover, a stranger who seals her fate. By morning the wanton seductress has been replaced by a determinedly sensible woman preparing to leave London…and its memories. Yet temptation follows. For Christopher Hollins, Earl of Ferrin, the notorious rake she so brazenly challe ...more
Published September 12th 2006 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Forbidden Evening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Forbidden Evening

Fani
Cybelline is a widowed mother whose husband commited suicide some time ago. She's still not over it and plagued with grief. However, "she's a woman with woman's needs" by her own words, and soon realizes she misses the physical intimacies she used to share with her husband. In a masquerade ball, she's given the chance to finally indulge her need, while keeping her identity hidden. The man she chooses is the Earl of Ferrin, a handsome man with the reputation of a rake, which suits her just fine, ...more
Ivonne
a diferencia del primer libro creo que este paso mas rapido, cada escena tuvo su tiempo y momento y no alargo mucho la cuestion (en quedarse en una misma escena pagina por pagina)
al principio no entendi muy bien ya que en el libro anterior habiamos conocido a este personaje pense que volveriamos al principio pero me equivoque la autora nos planteo otras circunstancias que hicieron que todo cambiara.
Cybelline, es una viuda que es fuerte pero despues de lo que paso su caracter su personalidad ha i
Estara
well we had a heroine tstl for half the book, but she settled down nicely after all. The hero was lovely if too perfect (beta disguised as alpha) and knowing a lot of recent historical villain plots the villain was known by the half of the book, although I didn't suspect his accomplice. She's done much better in Never Love a Lawman (5 stars) and The Price of Desire (4 stars).
Evieb
This is one of my favorite books I'll never lend it to anyone but I recommend it to everyone. It is a wonderful book.
Cruth
Author: Jo Goodman
First published: 2006
Length: 5996 locations, 436 pages
Setting: London and rural England, 1817
Sex: Frequent and explicit - approx once per chapter.
Hero: Puts out that he's a rake (view spoiler).
Heroine: Widow with child. Her husband committed suicide. Has withdrawn from society since his death.

A good story of working to make an HEA. Cybelline does everything she can to keep Ferrin at arms length. But he do
Sharon
One Forbidden Evening , Jo Goodman - This novel is a follow-up or second book in the Grantham series after A Season to Be Sinful and right before the excellent If His Kiss Is Wicked. Characters from the entire series play significant roles in this story as well. I enjoyed reading this one very much, as it offers both a very romantic story as well as an interesting mystery. As with other Goodman's heroes, the hero, Ferrin, is what many would call a "beta" hero. He is very smitten with Cybelline, ...more
Kim
D
Jan 11, 2013 D rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of lady warriors with flaming red hair, passionate back-stair kisses
Shelves: romance
literate buddies, if you need a bodice ripper, this one is surprisingly good. its plot and devices are nothing new to bodice rippers, but it paints that well-known scene with so much more art and subtlety than is usually the case. there are plenty of quivering members and heaving bosoms, and through it all jo goodman mostly does not make me feel like an idiot for having paid money for this.

BY THE BY: i admit i'd never heard of boudica before reading this. now i think of her every october when pu
Karen Wilson
The tone is rather mellow and wordy. It reminds me of Mary Balogh's books. I like Ferrin, of course as I am fond of geeks. I like the way he analyses and the deductive conversations.

The story itself is not mind-blowing or exceptionally memorable, hence the 3 stars.

I would have liked the epilogue to include a bit more interaction between Cybelline's servants and Ferrin as well as his family members and Cybelline and Ferrin together.
Jackie
Julie
Solid romance novel. It has been a while since I've ready anything like this, but a good friend recommended it. I had forgotten how enjoyable a good old-fashioned romance novel could be.
Susan
Wndrfl prose, widw~mom Cyb & Cnt Ferrin, mystry id @ masqrd, letters frm late husb 2 hs lvr, threats; vry diff conclsn than most
Terri
Started a little slow for me, and the chemistry built really slow, but ultimately I found it a good read.
Mindy
Witty banter, engaging plot, wonderful twist at the end...couldn't ask for a better read!
Sharon Sherman
A very interesting read. Great creativity.
Chemnut
Good, but man is she mean to her characters
I just like her newer, darker books better.
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Prizm
Prizm marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sr
Sr marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Melissa Spears
Melissa Spears marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 02, 2015
  • A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love #1)
  • The Summer of You (The Blue Raven #2)
  • Written on Your Skin
  • Dreaming
  • The Bride Price
  • Indiscreet
  • The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts, #2)
  • Wicked All Day (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #5)
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Huntington, #2)
  • My Lord and Spymaster (Spymasters, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • Just One Touch
  • The Courtesan's Daughter (The Courtesan Chronicles, #1)
  • The Rules Of Seduction (Rothwell Brothers, #1)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • Rules of an Engagement (Adventurers’ Club, #3)
To find characters to illustrate my first family saga, I cut out models from the Sears catalogue. I was in fourth grade, but it was a start. In seventh grade I wrote a melodrama about two orphan sisters, one of whom was pregnant. There was also a story about a runaway girl with the unlikely name of Strawberry and one about mistaken identities and an evil blind date. My supportive, but vaguely conc ...more
More about Jo Goodman...

Grantham (3 books)
  • A Season to Be Sinful (Grantham, #1)
  • If His Kiss Is Wicked (Grantham, #3)
The Price Of Desire Marry Me (Reidsville, #2) If His Kiss Is Wicked (Grantham, #3) A Place Called Home Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)