Start by marking “Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)

Highland Fires (Druid's Glen #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  665 ratings  ·  26 reviews
A haunted man...

Once a powerful Fae and heir to the throne of the Fae, Lugus has been given a second chance by his brother the Fae king. No longer immortal, Lugas makes his home off the coast of Scotland as he struggles to cope with his foul deeds and memories of a love that was never his.

A hunted woman...

Ahryn has been bound to the realm of Earth by an ancient Celtic slav
ebook
Published March 2nd 2011 by DL Grant, LLC (first published June 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Fires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Fires

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
211th out of 448 books — 1,519 voters
Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia EdenMidnight's Master by Cynthia EdenWhen He Was Bad by Shelly LaurenstonProtector by Lisa Renee JonesThe Legend of Michael by Lisa Renee Jones
My Dangerous Women Lovlies
62nd out of 84 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
I really liked the setup to Highland Fires, Lucas, the former Fae prince, who was banished and is no longer immortal, and has been doing his 'penance' living a solitary existence on Earth, leaving his island only for ocassional supplies. That all changes when an enslaved Fae woman seeks his help.

This book was my first by Donna Grant and I was really surprise to discover about midway through that Highland Fires is a full length book - I had thought that it was a short story fill-in to Grant's cur
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
After reading the first three books in this series I was hoping that there would be some redemption for Lugus, and this book did not disappoint. I love the combination of druid, fae and dragon lore that Donna Grant incorportates into her books. I would recommend this series to PNR fans.
Elaine Mcdonald
Another great book by Donna Grant! Loved the Hero, but I have to say that the Heroine handled him very well and I liked that she formed her own opinion instead of listening to gossip. Of course, I was ready to strangle Lugus' brother. Lugus was really shafted by his family!
Paulina
I liked this book more than I thought I would (since it wasn't about the three sisters, nor did it have anything to do with the prophecy). Lugus' life turned out to really tragic, and I really wanted to punch Theron for his idiocy - if I were his brother, I don't know that I could have readily forgiven him. The book had a complete ending, but it left a bunch of question unanswered. I was almost annoyed, because the next book won't have anything to do with this storyline, as it's about Frang. But ...more
(This review may contain spoilers).

All right, so I did try to drag this book out as long as possible, simply because I'm a fast reader and I find that books I enjoy are over too quickly. And I managed it just fine until today and then I read nearly half of the book in the space of about an hour.

If this book had been in actual paper-or-hard-back format, I would have said it was impossible to put down. As it was, it proved impossible to log out of on my Kindle. I was worried that Lugus' book would
Shanna
Lugus!!!

Lugus!!!

I'd say the best book so far in the series. I was hoping Lugus would be saved somehow! The tremendous emotional battles he endured, and his subsequent growth as a person was so wonderful to experience. There is an unexpected turn in the plot, and new characters are introduced opening up a new world. I can't wait for the next one.
Annelise
I love Donna Grant’s books. This is not the first series I’ve read. I also like the Scottish theme and the druids.
The characters are lovable and hot. Certainly reading the whole series.
Mirely
In this story Lugus is the focus. It takes place five years after the Highalnd Dawn. Lugus is a mortal living as an ironsmith who finds himself having to help Ahryn a fae who has been trapped in the Earth realm. I really liked the story but felt that some parts were rushed just to bring closure to the story but it didn't happen naturally not to mention the epilogue leads the reader to believe that there will be another book that will continue where this one ended. I have just started the last bo ...more
jD
Aug 28, 2012 jD rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I don't know what my problem is. I don't like this series but I keep trying one when I get that Highlander urge. I feel like I cheated on Karen Marie Moning and all things Highlander. In fairness, the book is mostly about fae characters so the accent is not necessary. On the other hand, if it's about Scotland, the accent is part of the draw. That was not the deal breaker for me though. The author kept pulling her punches. It's okay for people to die or suffer tragic events.

I am so done. The syno
Sunshinyda
Loved this series with all the magic!!!!
Jean Carlos
I think this was my favorite...

at least of the Druid's Glen series so far. I can hardly wait to get my hands on the next book. Donna Grant, while writing romance, tells an excellent story and creates characters that you care for.
Netanella
Lugus is given his own story in this tale of redemption and love for the once-evil Fae who tried to overtake both realms of human and Fae. Set five years after the third installment of Druid's Glen, the story begins with the now mortal Lugus living a solitary life and earning his livelihood as an ironsmith. His peaceful, but lonely, existence is interrupted by Arhyn, who seeks his help to return to the land of the Fae.
Bridgette Bandell
I loved in this book how Lugus got to redeem himself, and his humility was ecstatic. So glad to see Moira again (even if only for a second) few parts where I cried but all in all I lost time reading this book! Cover to cover it was absolutely amazing!! Secrets revealed and I am so glad that Ahryn came to her own opinion about Lugus' changed self rather than judging past. Great read!!!
Patricia
I really enjoyed Lugas's story and his journey to redemption. In all honesty, I was suprised and glad that his story went the way it did. There was a human element, that of being the underdog and being put through trials and coming ahead. A fantastic read in my opinion.
Mona
I love second chances and Lugus had the perfect second chance to find love and reconcile with his family.
I really enjoyed this story and the depth of loved shared between the characters.
This series is a must read!!
Heather
loved seeing, Lugus the villain from the others find both redemption and forgiveness. Aryne was the perfect match for such a damaged and pained soul. beautiful.
Bobbie
Magical fantasy read. Brother determine to right a wrong to one another. The women who them strong and encouraging to them.
Christine Brunberg
i enjoyed. i glad to see that lugus has changed and found happiness.can't wait to see what happens in the next book
Belinda
A must read!! This is the best of the series so far!!! Donna Grant is a wpnderful story teller.
Misfit
Feb 08, 2013 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
No thank you, but that cover really jumped out at me whilst browsing Amazon.
Kelly Russell
each story is good on its own...not a hard read...
Denise
Lugus's story of love and sacrifice.
Krissys
Donna's Druids are phenomenal!!
Liz Cowan
love the druid and fairy connection
Angela
Love this series!
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • A Question of Lust (Questions for a Highlander, #3)
  • Immortal of My Dreams (Immortal Series, #1)
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • Between the Realms (War of the Fae, #6)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Haven
  • Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)
  • Daring the Highlander (The Legacy of MacLeod, #2)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty novels and novellas spanning multiple genres of romance.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the “spicy” si
More about Donna Grant...

Druid's Glen (5 books)
  • Highland Mist (Druid's Glen, #1)
  • Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)
  • Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1) Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2) Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3) Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4) Midnight's Master (Dark Warriors, #1)