Start by marking “Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)

Highland Fires (Druid's Glen #4)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  766 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
A haunted man...

Once a powerful Fae and heir to the throne of the Fae, Lugus has been given a second chance by his brother the Fae king. No longer immortal, Lugas makes his home off the coast of Scotland as he struggles to cope with his foul deeds and memories of a love that was never his.

A hunted woman...

Ahryn has been bound to the realm of Earth by an ancient Celtic slav
ebook
Published March 2nd 2011 by DL Grant, LLC (first published June 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Fires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Fires

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Bride by Julie GarwoodThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
202nd out of 481 books — 1,748 voters
Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia EdenMidnight's Master by Cynthia EdenWhen He Was Bad by Shelly LaurenstonProtector by Lisa Renee JonesEternal Hunter by Cynthia Eden
My Dangerous Women Lovlies
62nd out of 84 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
Jul 16, 2011 Melindeeloo rated it really liked it
I really liked the setup to Highland Fires, Lucas, the former Fae prince, who was banished and is no longer immortal, and has been doing his 'penance' living a solitary existence on Earth, leaving his island only for ocassional supplies. That all changes when an enslaved Fae woman seeks his help.

This book was my first by Donna Grant and I was really surprise to discover about midway through that Highland Fires is a full length book - I had thought that it was a short story fill-in to Grant's cur
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
After reading the first three books in this series I was hoping that there would be some redemption for Lugus, and this book did not disappoint. I love the combination of druid, fae and dragon lore that Donna Grant incorportates into her books. I would recommend this series to PNR fans.
Elaine Mcdonald
Jul 16, 2011 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it
Another great book by Donna Grant! Loved the Hero, but I have to say that the Heroine handled him very well and I liked that she formed her own opinion instead of listening to gossip. Of course, I was ready to strangle Lugus' brother. Lugus was really shafted by his family!
Paulina
Apr 04, 2015 Paulina rated it really liked it
I liked this book more than I thought I would (since it wasn't about the three sisters, nor did it have anything to do with the prophecy). Lugus' life turned out to really tragic, and I really wanted to punch Theron for his idiocy - if I were his brother, I don't know that I could have readily forgiven him. The book had a complete ending, but it left a bunch of question unanswered. I was almost annoyed, because the next book won't have anything to do with this storyline, as it's about Frang. But ...more
Sarah Briggs
Sep 21, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it it was amazing
(This review may contain spoilers).

All right, so I did try to drag this book out as long as possible, simply because I'm a fast reader and I find that books I enjoy are over too quickly. And I managed it just fine until today and then I read nearly half of the book in the space of about an hour.

If this book had been in actual paper-or-hard-back format, I would have said it was impossible to put down. As it was, it proved impossible to log out of on my Kindle. I was worried that Lugus' book would
Shanna
Apr 01, 2014 Shanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lugus!!!

Lugus!!!

I'd say the best book so far in the series. I was hoping Lugus would be saved somehow! The tremendous emotional battles he endured, and his subsequent growth as a person was so wonderful to experience. There is an unexpected turn in the plot, and new characters are introduced opening up a new world. I can't wait for the next one.
Mya
Feb 07, 2016 Mya rated it it was amazing
I was unsure if I would be able to forgive Lugus for all he did but he redeemed himself and more. I loved his interactions with Ahryn and enjoyed to story alot. I would advise others to read the previous book just to see what he'd done. Looking forward to the next book... :)
Annelise
Jun 07, 2015 Annelise rated it really liked it
I love Donna Grant’s books. This is not the first series I’ve read. I also like the Scottish theme and the druids.
The characters are lovable and hot. Certainly reading the whole series.
Mirely
In this story Lugus is the focus. It takes place five years after the Highalnd Dawn. Lugus is a mortal living as an ironsmith who finds himself having to help Ahryn a fae who has been trapped in the Earth realm. I really liked the story but felt that some parts were rushed just to bring closure to the story but it didn't happen naturally not to mention the epilogue leads the reader to believe that there will be another book that will continue where this one ended. I have just started the last bo ...more
jD
Aug 28, 2012 jD rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I don't know what my problem is. I don't like this series but I keep trying one when I get that Highlander urge. I feel like I cheated on Karen Marie Moning and all things Highlander. In fairness, the book is mostly about fae characters so the accent is not necessary. On the other hand, if it's about Scotland, the accent is part of the draw. That was not the deal breaker for me though. The author kept pulling her punches. It's okay for people to die or suffer tragic events.

I am so done. The syno
Sunshinyda
Mar 22, 2015 Sunshinyda rated it it was amazing
Loved this series with all the magic!!!!
Jean Carlos
Aug 15, 2014 Jean Carlos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my favorite...

at least of the Druid's Glen series so far. I can hardly wait to get my hands on the next book. Donna Grant, while writing romance, tells an excellent story and creates characters that you care for.
Netanella
May 29, 2009 Netanella rated it really liked it
Lugus is given his own story in this tale of redemption and love for the once-evil Fae who tried to overtake both realms of human and Fae. Set five years after the third installment of Druid's Glen, the story begins with the now mortal Lugus living a solitary life and earning his livelihood as an ironsmith. His peaceful, but lonely, existence is interrupted by Arhyn, who seeks his help to return to the land of the Fae.
Bridgette Bandell
Mar 25, 2013 Bridgette Bandell rated it it was amazing
I loved in this book how Lugus got to redeem himself, and his humility was ecstatic. So glad to see Moira again (even if only for a second) few parts where I cried but all in all I lost time reading this book! Cover to cover it was absolutely amazing!! Secrets revealed and I am so glad that Ahryn came to her own opinion about Lugus' changed self rather than judging past. Great read!!!
Patricia
Jan 29, 2013 Patricia rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Lugas's story and his journey to redemption. In all honesty, I was suprised and glad that his story went the way it did. There was a human element, that of being the underdog and being put through trials and coming ahead. A fantastic read in my opinion.
Mona
Nov 27, 2012 Mona rated it it was amazing
I love second chances and Lugus had the perfect second chance to find love and reconcile with his family.
I really enjoyed this story and the depth of loved shared between the characters.
This series is a must read!!
Heather
Aug 14, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
loved seeing, Lugus the villain from the others find both redemption and forgiveness. Aryne was the perfect match for such a damaged and pained soul. beautiful.
Bobbie
Dec 19, 2013 Bobbie rated it liked it
Magical fantasy read. Brother determine to right a wrong to one another. The women who them strong and encouraging to them.
Christine Brunberg
May 14, 2014 Christine Brunberg rated it really liked it
i enjoyed. i glad to see that lugus has changed and found happiness.can't wait to see what happens in the next book
Belinda
Dec 14, 2012 Belinda rated it it was amazing
A must read!! This is the best of the series so far!!! Donna Grant is a wpnderful story teller.
Misfit
Feb 08, 2013 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
No thank you, but that cover really jumped out at me whilst browsing Amazon.
Kelly Russell
Mar 05, 2014 Kelly Russell rated it liked it
each story is good on its own...not a hard read...
Denise
Aug 21, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
Lugus's story of love and sacrifice.
Krissys
Nov 13, 2014 Krissys rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
Donna's Druids are phenomenal!!
Liz Cowan
Jun 29, 2013 Liz Cowan rated it really liked it
love the druid and fairy connection
Angela
Aug 24, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlanders
Love this series!
Melissa
Sep 02, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Belletab
Belletab marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Packerbobbijohotmail.com
Packerbobbijohotmail.com rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • A Question of Lust (Questions for a Highlander, #3)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the sizzling Dark King series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the
More about Donna Grant...

Druid's Glen (5 books)
  • Highland Mist (Druid's Glen, #1)
  • Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)
  • Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)