Start by marking “Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)

Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  995 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
An immortal with unanswered questions...

The immortal Dartayous, a powerful Druid Warrior, is given one mission—keep Moira alive to fulfill the prophecy. But with each passing day the burning desire he feels for her eats away at the wall surrounding his heart…

A Druid priestess in search of a key...

Moira Sinclair must find the key to enter the Realm of the Fae, but once she
Published (first published September 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Dawn

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Jun 23, 2011 Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Donna Grant! I really loved Highland Dawn. I do wondering why is it so difficult for a man to admit how he feels about a woman. At last, Dartayous managed to find the courage to finally say, "I Love You. Of course, they live happily ever after. Enchanting reading!
Paulina
Mar 30, 2015 Paulina rated it really liked it
I liked this book, though both the hero and heroine pissed me off at various points. The main theme of this volume was trust. Had they trusted each other even just a little bit, this book would gave been much shorter! At any rate, I enjoyed the book, frustrations and all, and liked how it ended. I figured with each of the three sisters taken care of, that this would be the end of the series, but there are two more books to go. I'm assuming the next two books will be about Frang and Lugus. Lookin ...more
BookChick
Apr 12, 2012 BookChick rated it it was ok
Shelves: highland
So disappointed in this one. Had such high hopes. I loved Dartayous but was very disappointed in Moira. She was strong and confident in the first two books and then very wimpy in the her book. I get that we all falter from time to time, but she just never seemed to pick herself up. Her BIG secret that was hinted at throughout the whole book, I'm guessing was that fact that she wasn't as confident in herself as she leads everyone to believe, big deal, it's not that horrible of a secret. And then ...more
Sarah Briggs
Sep 18, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

I was quite looking forward to reading Dartayous' and Moira's book after seeing both of them in the previous books. I did try not to expect too much, as I invariably get disappointed, but it turned out I had nothing to worry about.

The history between the two characters was fairly interesting, as was the reason behind Dartayous' immortality. I wasn't expecting him to be quite so sensitive, but I felt like it fit in with his character even so. He and Moira worked
Christy
Apr 16, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it
Great plot build!!! Just when I thought it was going to resolve itself, a new depth to the conflict emerged. Really loved the connection Moira has with Dartayous!! It's the prideful and secretive feelings that are the most difficult to overcome, yet the most rewarding. The plot was woven soundly with the romantic connections of the sisters, which makes this series great. I was a bit disappointed with Moira's ultimate conflict with Lugus. I felt left out of a major conflict revelation and the res ...more
Netanella
May 27, 2009 Netanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story by Grant - this one focusing on the eldest daughter, Moira, and her quest to free the Fae from Lugus, who has soured on his wrongful banishment and seeks revenge on his relatives and the two realms of human and Fae. Moira is guarded on her journey by Dartyous, a Druid Warrior who harbors many secrets. Moira has all the hangups of an older sibling who is supposed to take care of everyone else and neglects herself. The story is sweet and passionate and definitely worth a second ...more
Drea
Feb 14, 2012 Drea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was torn between a 3 and 4 star rating. As another reader said Moira and her self doubt and lack of trust really did get on my nerves. It could be because I have read the first three books back to back and the general theme is self doubt and lack of trust. But, I went with the four star rating as overall I liked the book and enjoyed reading it. I've gone ahead and bought the next two books for Druid's Glen, but I may have to take a break before beginning to read them.
Rona
Sep 04, 2013 Rona rated it it was amazing
Well written dialogue and interaction between Moira and Dartayous. I cried and cried for them. Never put the
book down once I started. Finished it in 2 hours and a tissue box.
I love all Donna Grant's series. Can't wait to start the next book of the series Highland Fires.
This time it looks like it's going to be about Lugus, the fae given a 2nd chance by Rufina. <3
Patricia
Jan 27, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read but still there were editing issues. It didn't take away from the storyline but they were there. I felt in some instances, things were rushed and not fully completed more notably McNeil's ending as he played a brutal role and deserved a much closure to his character. Otherwise, an absorbing story that will keep you interested.
Brenda
Aug 29, 2011 Brenda rated it it was amazing
This last story in the trilogy wrapped things up wonderfully, and yes, I was weepy by the end. It was in some ways more emotional, and there wasn't as much witty banter between the characters. However, this fit the personalities of the hero and heroine. This is definately a keeper series that I'll read over.
Cindy
Oct 13, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Will the Druids and Fae survive?

The fate of the Druids and the Fae rest upon three incredible women. But does one of them have what it takes to save their world and the human world? Life is about choices and knowing when to make the right ones. As usual wonderful book Donna can't get enough.
Bridgette Bandell
Mar 15, 2013 Bridgette Bandell rated it it was amazing
this book was so thrilling..! from the beginning stubborn girl Moira was from being the courageous captured lass and all the way to her ..... fate. loved how Donna keeps you enthralled in the different aspects of each character. I highly recommend reading this Masterpiece!!!!!
Anne
Nov 06, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third sister of the Prophecy trio. Moira, is the most important one, as she and the warrior dartayous, who has loved her for years, must enter the realm of the Fae to destroy the evil one who plans to take over the kingdom and also Scotland.
Melissa
Apr 19, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, highlander
As with book 2, even though you know that they will end up together in the end, I still enjoyed the story to get them there. There was the teaser of the next book at the end but the overall arc of the story started in book one was completed.
Jacky Faber
Aug 27, 2014 Jacky Faber rated it liked it
Was an OK read. Donna Grant is not that good of a writer. She's one of those authors who churns them out. Her plot ideas are interesting, but she doesn't follow through enough with her ideas. I won't read more of her.
Heather
Aug 06, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
out of the three sisters in this series, Moira's story is by far my favorite. It had passion, intense conflict, highs and lows, and a wonderful ending. This story was perfect.
Heidi R.
Jan 31, 2012 Heidi R. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: donna-grant
Can you say HOT?? Donna Grant's first 2 Druid's Glen books were steamy, but this 3rd book in the series is just plain HOT HOT HOT! Definately worth reading :o)
Elaine Mcdonald
Jul 16, 2011 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it
Thank you Donna Grant. I am hooked. Now I have to read the rest of them! I never thought you would make me want to read the story of Lugus. Sweet story.
Belinda
Dec 12, 2012 Belinda rated it really liked it
Another great book by Donna Grant. Seemed more to have more suspense than the first 2 in this series. I would recommed you read this series.
Christine Brunberg
Jan 21, 2014 Christine Brunberg rated it really liked it
glad to see that the 3 sisters all found there soul mates.can't wait to see what happens next
Rebecca
Nov 16, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Awesome third book to the series!! The story keeps getting better and better...
Denise
Jul 24, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
The saga continues and the sisters have to fulfil the prophecy.
Ellie
Jan 06, 2013 Ellie rated it it was amazing
This entire series is amazing. I hate that it might stop.
Kathy
May 15, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this one as mich as the first two.
Tina Frank
Aug 26, 2012 Tina Frank rated it it was amazing
I really like this series.
Liz Cowan
Jun 29, 2013 Liz Cowan rated it really liked it
Love fantasy stories
Lauren
Highland Dawn
2 Stars

Amazing beginning but the story deteriorated to the point that it became virtually unreadable.

Moira and Dartayous have such potential as a couple. Their intensely sensual connection and secret yearning for each other is incredible and had me turning the pages for the first half of the book.

Unfortunately, this is when things take a turn for the worse as the plot adopts two elements that I absolutely detest: the heroine loses her free will to the villain and turns into a wimp
Lori McD
Dec 18, 2012 Lori McD rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5-3 stars

I really, really wanted to like this book. It had so much potential... so much at stake here. Sure, no one wants to know exactly what happens next or exactly where the book will go. But this book devolved quickly into a fantasy-nightmare. Stripped of all we've known in this world, we're thrust into the land of the Fae, mind-control, and dragons. Unrequited love is so rampant, you just want to scream!

Moira starts the book fairly strong. She's got her secrets and her weaknesses, but tha
Joni
Mar 28, 2015 Joni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highland Dawn

This series just gets better and better. Now I've got to get the next book. Can't wait to see what happens next
Shari Nash Montgomery
Druid Glen

I really enjoy Donna Grants book. I will continue to read her series of books. Looking forward to the next book.
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • A Question of Lust (Questions for a Highlander, #3)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the sizzling Dark King series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the
More about Donna Grant...

Druid's Glen (5 books)
  • Highland Mist (Druid's Glen, #1)
  • Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)
  • Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)