Start by marking “Interfictions 2: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing” as Want to Read:
Interfictions 2: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing

Interfictions 2: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing (Interfictions #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Delving deeper into the genre-spanning territory explored in Interfictions, the Interstitial Arts Foundation’s first anthology, Interfictions 2 showcases 21 original and innovative writers from 6 countries, including US, UK, Poland, Norway, Australia, and France. Afterword includes editor interviews.
Published November 1st 2009 by Small Beer Press (first published October 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Interfictions 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interfictions 2

Andy
Jul 05, 2011 Andy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I really enjoyed Interfictions, which had a lot of stories which 1) struck me as a reader and 2) inspired me as a writer, so I was admittedly afraid that I wouldn't have the same experience. And I didn't, but that's only because these are different stories by different authors with different tones and uses of the written word. I thought that for the most part all of the stories were solid enough, but my favorites were the following:

- "Remembrance Is Something Like a House," Will Ludwigsen
- "The
Nicole
So, last week I went to the library and perused the new fiction section. I came upon this book and for some weird reason I picked it up. Let me confess one thing - I rarely read short fiction books. The only other book of short stories I've read was The Girl in the Flammable Skirt by Aimee Bender, a book filled with stories that had a mix of surrealism and an honest examination of real life.

And this book, oddly enough, turned out to be very similar. I decided not to think of the odds of running
Althea Ann
This is one of those anthologies with a pretentious introduction, and apparently demanded that all the authors write a brief blurb explaining WHY their work is ‘interstitial.’ I am firmly in a ‘let the work speak for itself’ camp. However, the whole idea of interstitiality is interesting to me, and I like things that don’t necessarily fit into neat pockets… so here goes:
Jeffrey Ford, “The War Between Heaven and Hell Wallpaper” – Ever have that urge to write down your dream as soon as you wake up
Brigid Keely
I enjoyed the first anthology better than the second. Every story engaged me in the first anthology, it was like it had been written for me. That wasn't the case with the second anthology, but the gems in this book more than make up for that. The strong stories in this collection are incredibly strong, evocative, well written, emotional. And the ones I didn't care for? Well, obviously, not everyone has the same taste and interests I do. They weren't bad stories or duds, they just weren't tailor ...more
branewurms
They didn't all work for me, but many of them did, and all of them were very different and interesting. I think my favorites were Theodora Goss's "Child Empress of Mars", Will Ludwigsen's "Remembrance is Something Like a House", Shira Lipkin's "Valentines", and Stephanie Shaw's "Afterbirth".

Although I gotta say to Camilla Bruce ("Berry Moon: Laments of a Muse"): SEMEN DOES NOT TASTE LIKE SUGAR. Semen will never taste like sugar! No, not even if he's really hot and his eyes are cinnamon brown. (W
Kinsey_m
I am half-way through this anthology, and so far there have been mostly very good stories and a couple of average ones. I found of especial interest "rememberance is something like a house", a haunted house story from the point of view of the house itself and "the score" with its mixed media approach. With regards to what is interstitial writing I think some of the examples are good but, for instace "Two of me" would seems to me to be magical realism, which is fine, but I wouldn't call interstit ...more
A fascinating and eclectic collection of stories that run the gamut from merely odd to freaky to fantastical to just a bit horrific. The idea of interstitial fiction is a provocative and interesting one--fiction that doesn't really fit anywhere else, that plays with conventions of form and genre.
Bridgett
My favorite stories were "The Long and Short of Long-Term Memory," which I could relate to because I want to erase a number of my own memories and "Llle Close" because I love archetypes and Arthurian mythology. I didn't like the stories focused on war and politics as much.
Naomi
As with all collections, some were better than others. "After Verona" was amazing. There were about three or four other really good ones. The rest were kind of meh. Worth checking out of the library for AV, but not worth buying.
Stephen Dorneman
An excellent collection of genre-crossing short fictions -- recommended to literary fiction fans who like to dip into fantasy and science fiction now and then, and F&SF fans who want more than standard genre fare.
Kate
I rated more toward 3.3 to 3.4 stars. A mixed bag of interesting in-between stories. Some tales were playful, while some were too heavy-laden with politics for my taste.
Alisa
Favorite stories:

Will Ludwigsen "Memory Is Something Like a House"
Elizabeth Ziemska "Count Poniatowski and the Beautiful Chicken"
John
Nov 16, 2009 John marked it as nightstand
Been wanting to read and submit work to this anthology.
Joe Milazzo
Joe Milazzo marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Kamisha
Kamisha marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Heath
Heath marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Christina Thomas
Christina Thomas marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Adrian G.
Adrian G. marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Ellipticalsaw
Ellipticalsaw marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Tiah
Tiah is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2014
  • The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities
  • Feeling Very Strange: The Slipstream Anthology
  • The Ant King: And Other Stories
  • Mothers & Other Monsters: Stories
  • Clockwork Phoenix: Tales of Beauty and Strangeness (Clockwork Phoenix, #1)
  • Filter House
  • Three Messages and a Warning: Contemporary Mexican Short Stories of the Fantastic
  • The Best of Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet
  • The Coyote Road: Trickster Tales
  • Federations
  • The Third Bear
  • Paper Cities: An Anthology of Urban Fantasy
Delia Sherman (born 1951) is a fantasy writer and editor. Her novel The Porcelain Dove won the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award.

She was born in Tokyo and brought up in New York City. She earned a PhD in Renaissance studies at Brown University and taught at Boston and North-eastern universities. She is the author of the novels Through a Brazen Mirror, The Porcelain Dove (a Mythopoeic Award winner), and Ch
More about Delia Sherman...

Interfictions (2 books)
  • Interfictions: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing
Changeling (Changeling, #1) The Freedom Maze Interfictions: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing The Porcelain Dove The Magic Mirror of the Mermaid Queen (Changeling, #2)