Start by marking “Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather” as Want to Read:
Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather

Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather

Bulky sweaters be gone!

Knitting in the Sun gives you more than 30 projects designed exclusively to knit and wear in warm weather. You'll find patterns to keep your needles clicking whether you're lounging by the pool or taking a break at the beach:

5 sleeveless tops
4 short-sleeved tops
4 lightweight long-sleeved tops
6 summer-weight cardigans
2 skirts, a sleep set, and a weara
Published May 1st 2009 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Knitting In the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting In the Sun

Abbey
Mar 25, 2013 Abbey rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
Nicely presented, timely batch of interesting patterns. A useful book for many knitters, my comparatively low rating was given simply because none of the patterns jumped out at me and screamed "make me NOW!!", kwim?

Summer is coming, ohhh, yes it is! Even though here in the Eastern U.S. it may not seem like it... So a knitter's mind does tend to stray towards lighter projects and if yours recently has, then this book deserves a look-see. A good variety of patterns are presented, with all sorts o
Melinda Stawicki
Feb 24, 2017 Melinda Stawicki rated it liked it
fun to look at...won't be making any of the projects...just not my "style"
Shannon
Jul 02, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
This book makes me wish I had more time for knitting. Usually in knitting books I only find one or two patterns that I want to try to make, but there were several in this volume -- probably the majority, in fact. Not only are the projects lightweight and perfect for warmer weather months, but the patterns seem simple enough even for non-advanced knitters. Though I personally find knitting wearables daunting, there are tshirts and lightweight sweaters that I definitely feel are within my abilitie ...more
Marisa
Nov 05, 2009 Marisa rated it it was amazing
I think that Knitting in the Sun is a wonderful collection of summertime patterns. It includes every sort of pattern that you might expect in such a collection, from hats (I love the cloche) to shells, to light weight sweaters, and a pattern to knit your own lawn chair seat! I haven't had a chance to start any projects from this book yet, but I'm excited for many of these patterns!
Leslie Jem
Sep 09, 2013 Leslie Jem rated it liked it
Shelves: needlecrafts, library
Really appreciate non-winter knits! Living in the Pacific Northwest, I don't need to be bundled up. While many of the pattern are charming, this book isn't begging to be part of my library. My favorite projects were the Quimper Hourglass Bolero and the coordinating Anna Maria Shell. The knitted beach chair was adorable, too.

3-20-15-
Adding Provence, Hollyhock, Saint Augustine to my "likes."
Kristi
Apr 23, 2010 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this book as a First Read from Goodreads!!! After looking through this book, I see quite a few interesting patterns! They look well written and understandable, and stylish. As soon as I'm done with the couple pairs of socks I'm working on I'll be casting on for lakeshore. I'm glad I won this book!
Wendi
Oct 16, 2009 Wendi rated it it was ok
I was so excited about this book. As a Floridian, I was really hoping to find some fun and fresh patterns that used light weight yarns. The only pattern I thought was even remotely nice was the one on the cover. One pattern. Not a good thing.
dori
Dec 16, 2010 dori rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters in warm-weather climates
Recommended to dori by: Ravelry.com
one of the few knitting pattern books i've come across lately where i wanted to knit the majority of the patterns in it... dunno when i'll get around to any of them, sadly - maybe next summer? i happily found a copy of it at Ollie's discount store for seven bucks, new. :-)
Aquit
The patterns in this book are great for a spring or summer day. The clothes in this book are actually wearable and not your typical old lady ones. The only patterns I'm trying out are the Ocean Waves Wrap and Vining Leaves Scarf.
Jen
Sep 13, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Some GREAT summer knitting patterns
Kendra
May 11, 2009 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knit-crochet-own
I designed the shawl on the cover of this book!
Monika
Nov 12, 2009 Monika rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
i am definately going to start some projects from this book! definately the blanket. that was so adorable! the descriptions and instructions are easy to read, and i enjoyed this book.
Mckinley
Aug 25, 2015 Mckinley rated it liked it
I like a shawl pattern here and I've been looking for a shawl pattern so that's a plus!
Dana Wright
Jul 14, 2010 Dana Wright rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who knits.
This book is great for warm weather projects. Working on the leaf scarf right now. Love it!
Kristine
Nov 18, 2009 Kristine added it
Shelves: knitting
Silver Strand is a beautiful loosely knit wrap. Bridgetown is a pretty cardigan with lace panels in a unique position.
Heywu
May 11, 2010 Heywu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting, own-it, ravelry, 2010
Many great patterns for knitting in the summer and for all year round in California. Alison bought this book for Xmas 2010.
Jess
Okay
Saoirse
Apr 08, 2010 Saoirse rated it really liked it
This was a great book. Very easy to follow instructions and fun projects!
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Laura (rose)
Laura (rose) rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2011
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Ron Langley
Ron Langley rated it it was amazing
Colette
Colette rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
C.
C. rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • French Girl Knits
  • Knit, Swirl! Uniquely Flattering, One Piece, One Seam Swirl Jackets
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too
  • Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives
  • The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • Interweave Presents Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
  • Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
  • Knitting on Top of the World: The Global Guide to Traditions, Techniques and Design
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Knitted Lace of Estonia
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Knitting Brioche: The Essential Guide to the Brioche Stitch
  • Knitwear Design Workshop: A Comprehensive Guide to Handknits
  • Inspired to Knit: Creating Exquisite Handknits
Kristi Porter is an author, designer, technical editor, and teacher. In addition to authoring Knitting for Dogs, her work has been featured in the Knitgrrl series, the Big Girl Knits series, No Sheep For You, and Knit Wit. She is a frequent contributor to Knitty.com and has been a part of that online magazine since its start in 2002. Kristi doesn't remember learning to knit as a child, but she cap ...more
More about Kristi Porter...