Start by marking “Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather” as Want to Read:
Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather

Knitting In the Sun: 32 Projects for Warm Weather

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Bulky sweaters be gone!

Knitting in the Sun gives you more than 30 projects designed exclusively to knit and wear in warm weather. You'll find patterns to keep your needles clicking whether you're lounging by the pool or taking a break at the beach:

5 sleeveless tops
4 short-sleeved tops
4 lightweight long-sleeved tops
6 summer-weight cardigans
2 skirts, a sleep set, and a weara...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Knitting In the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting In the Sun

Abbey
Nicely presented, timely batch of interesting patterns. A useful book for many knitters, my comparatively low rating was given simply because none of the patterns jumped out at me and screamed "make me NOW!!", kwim?

Summer is coming, ohhh, yes it is! Even though here in the Eastern U.S. it may not seem like it... So a knitter's mind does tend to stray towards lighter projects and if yours recently has, then this book deserves a look-see. A good variety of patterns are presented, with all sorts o...more
Shannon
This book makes me wish I had more time for knitting. Usually in knitting books I only find one or two patterns that I want to try to make, but there were several in this volume -- probably the majority, in fact. Not only are the projects lightweight and perfect for warmer weather months, but the patterns seem simple enough even for non-advanced knitters. Though I personally find knitting wearables daunting, there are tshirts and lightweight sweaters that I definitely feel are within my abilitie...more
Marisa
I think that Knitting in the Sun is a wonderful collection of summertime patterns. It includes every sort of pattern that you might expect in such a collection, from hats (I love the cloche) to shells, to light weight sweaters, and a pattern to knit your own lawn chair seat! I haven't had a chance to start any projects from this book yet, but I'm excited for many of these patterns!
Leslie Jem
Really appreciate non-winter knits! Living in the Pacific Northwest, I don't need to be bundled up. While many of the pattern are charming, this book isn't begging to be part of my library. My favorite projects were the Quimper Hourglass Bolero and the coordinating Anna Maria Shell. The knitted beach chair was adorable, too.
Kristi
I recieved this book as a First Read from Goodreads!!! After looking through this book, I see quite a few interesting patterns! They look well written and understandable, and stylish. As soon as I'm done with the couple pairs of socks I'm working on I'll be casting on for lakeshore. I'm glad I won this book!
dori
Dec 16, 2010 dori rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knitters in warm-weather climates
Recommended to dori by: Ravelry.com
one of the few knitting pattern books i've come across lately where i wanted to knit the majority of the patterns in it... dunno when i'll get around to any of them, sadly - maybe next summer? i happily found a copy of it at Ollie's discount store for seven bucks, new. :-)
Wendi
I was so excited about this book. As a Floridian, I was really hoping to find some fun and fresh patterns that used light weight yarns. The only pattern I thought was even remotely nice was the one on the cover. One pattern. Not a good thing.
Aquit
The patterns in this book are great for a spring or summer day. The clothes in this book are actually wearable and not your typical old lady ones. The only patterns I'm trying out are the Ocean Waves Wrap and Vining Leaves Scarf.
Monika
i am definately going to start some projects from this book! definately the blanket. that was so adorable! the descriptions and instructions are easy to read, and i enjoyed this book.
Heywu
Many great patterns for knitting in the summer and for all year round in California. Alison bought this book for Xmas 2010.
Kristine
Nov 18, 2009 Kristine added it
Shelves: knitting
Silver Strand is a beautiful loosely knit wrap. Bridgetown is a pretty cardigan with lace panels in a unique position.
Dana Wright
Apr 12, 2011 Dana Wright rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who knits.
This book is great for warm weather projects. Working on the leaf scarf right now. Love it!
Saoirse
This was a great book. Very easy to follow instructions and fun projects!
Gloria
maybe two, three patterns. The cover pattern is really lovely.
Kendra
I designed the shawl on the cover of this book!
Jen
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
Jul 01, 2014
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kristi Porter is an author, designer, technical editor, and teacher. In addition to authoring Knitting for Dogs, her work has been featured in the Knitgrrl series, the Big Girl Knits series, No Sheep For You, and Knit Wit. She is a frequent contributor to Knitty.com and has been a part of that online magazine since its start in 2002. Kristi doesn't remember learning to knit as a child, but she cap...more
More about Kristi Porter...
Knitting Patterns for Dummies More Knitting in the Sun: 32 Patterns to Knit for Kids Knitting for Dogs: Irresistible Patterns for Your Favorite Pup -- and You! Priceless Proverbs Pedaling My Ass Off - A Weight Loss Story - Well, Kinda...