Start by marking “One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)” as Want to Read:
One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)

One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany #6)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,439 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
Lord Alec Knight is a smooth-talking aristocrat who has left a trail of broken-hearted ladies in his wake. But when the only girl he would have considered marrying ties the knot with someone else, he realises he doesn't want to be with just any lady - he wants to find the love of his life.
Published May 31st 2005 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about One Night of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night of Sin

Julz
♥ Melody
*review up*
Alec Knight
 photo 8907bca1-fb3b-4502-b428-b2f804f32a5f.jpg
 photo ezgif-2580523204.gif
 photo tumblr_m497p6jmn71ruymjmo1_500.jpg

Another favorite from the Knight series. Gaelen Foley was seriously in her prime while writing this brilliant series. Alexander "Alec" Knight is the rakehell rascal of the Knight siblings, the 'baby brother' who knows how to charm, play, fight and win. With fallen angel looks and more charm that’s almost lethal he’s used it to get his way until his luck runs out. Literally. He did a real number a few books back that caused his family and loved ones to shun him. I couldn
Julianna
Aug 06, 2009 Julianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Regency Romance & Gaelen Foley
Reviewed for THC Reviews
At this point, I'm not sure that Gaelen Foley is capable of writing a bad book, and if she is, I have yet to read it. In One Night of Sin, Ms. Foley has created yet another winner for me in the Knight Miscellany series. The engaging plot, complex characters, action, mystery, and suspense all came together to make a very enjoyable read that at times, was difficult to put down and always a pleasure to pick up again. As with the previous books in the series, I was generally
Dee

Warning – spoilers included!

Becky (Miss Rebecca Ward) is on the run from her dangerous cousin (Prince Mikhail Kurkov), who has threatened to rape her and then marry her off to the nastiest man that he can find. During her escape she witness him murdering a man so becomes even more determine to escape, bring him to justice and win back her beloved home which he had inherited after their grandfather’s (Earl of Talbot) death. She arrives in London determined to make contact with the Duke
Natalie
No one had ever been so abundantly kind to him. So patient with him. Accepted him so completely. No one had ever believed so much in his essential worth, least of all himself.

So this book kind of proved why it was important that Alec and Lizzie weren't paired up together. Lizzie idolized Alec and could never confront his faults or really know him.

This story was about Alec saving Becky from her evil Russian cousin Becky from taking away her home and her life and freedom, and it was also Becky sa
Sarita
Mar 24, 2009 Sarita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hey Ladies...whoa..this was STEAMY! lol...at least for me. hahaha
Ms. Foley stayed true to Alec's character in this book and to her I must say THANK YOU!
I would have given 5 stars, but the prelude to the ending was a wee bit much.
Still a fun read. :-)
Joy
Sep 12, 2009 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alec's story is really intriguing. There are a lot of surprises and what's amazing is how his character developed, obviously triggered by Lizzie's marriage to his peer Devlin. In here, the author reiterates his jesting facade and really takes a closer look at Alec's life and history, and why he and Lizzie are not meant to be. The spirited Becky is his obvious match, while he is cool, she is fiery. It's wonderful how their relationship developed, how they were good for each other. While Alec with ...more
Shauni
One Night of Sin, A perfect name for the disreputable Knight Brother. Gaelen Foley tells a wicked story as she introduces us to an Alec Knight that not even his family knows. In Book 6 of the Knight Miscellany it would be easy to let some things slide as the family saga begins to wind down and yet, Ms Foley tells us a story about a unique individual struggling not to suffocate within his rather dysfunctional yet charming family.

I will admit, in previous stories, I did not like Alec. I thought he
Crista
I have been committed to the Knight Miscellany and have eagerly been awaiting Lord Alec's story. What a major let down. I almost quit reading it midway. The story did improve somewhat so I'm glad that I finished it, but I really can not recommend it. I would only read it if you're like me, and have a need to see a series through.

Here's what worked...There were a few scenes as Alec is coming to terms with the things he's done and the mistakes he's made that were good. I really bought into the id
MountainKat
Jul 18, 2011 MountainKat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this book felt very slow to me, something about it touched me. Perhaps it was Alec's vulnerability and his determination to protect Becky and prove himself to both of them. Or maybe it was Becky's desire to prove to Alec that he was lovable and that he was honorable despite his attempts to live down to his reputation. This couple saved each other and that is one of my favorite types of stories.

I have enjoyed all of the books in this series. It is quite an interesting family, all of them
Vashti
Jun 13, 2011 Vashti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my 1st book by this author ,and have to say it will def not be my last by her.I picked this book not knowing that it was part of the Knight Bros series.I loved it!The H was a rake of the 1st order and the h was the perfect match for this man about town.From their 1st meeting on his friend's doorstoop to the very last page ,this book had me hooked right to the end.The love scenes were scorching and the banter between the two were cute.I myself liked the pet names they called each other.I ...more
Keri
I didn't really like Alec in the other books and it took me some time to like him in his own. But once he finally revealed some of the painful aspects of his childhood, then I got it and understood his past actions. I thought Becky was perfect for Alec and make him become a better man to win her love. It was actually an emotional and deep story with Alec not depending on his brothers to save him. He and Becky had to save themselves and they did a wonderful job. Even better, the first love scene ...more
Addicted2Luv
Aug 15, 2008 Addicted2Luv rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite having one of those cringeworthy titles, this was a good book. Lord Alec finds Becky on a doorstep one rainy night and takes her home with him to bed her, thinking she is a prostitute. Wanting to "ruin" herself for various reasons, Becky makes love with him.

As the story develops, Alec soon transforms from a rakish gigolo to a protective lover. In the subplot Alec must protect Becky and her estate from an evil and cruel Russian.

Becky was a likeable heroine, and I also liked the way the
Amber
Oct 02, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent historical romance and a good installation to the long-running series. Alex Knight is the Leo Hathaway of the Knight family, who, similarly, has a backstory twined throughout most of the books. I would recommend reading along with the series both for making sense of the family situation and just because they're all good books. This one had an okay start, a sagging middle that teetered on DNF territory, but a strong climax that made me glad I finished.
Rose May
Jun 23, 2014 Rose May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-minus
Note: This review, and all my reviews, come from my blog: Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Book 6 in the Knight Miscellany Series

First, let me say that I've been on a Gaelen Foley binge these past two weeks - I've read four of her books in rapid succession. This is the first one I've stopped to review, for the sad reason that it irritated me some. I promise I'll try to post my more positive reviews of her other books soon, to be fair.

In One Night of Sin, Rebecc
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder

Alec and Becky are not my #1 fave couple of this series, but phew! they deserve an honorable mention since they are the steamiest. This is #6/7 in the Knight Miscellany series and boy has GF greatly turned up the heat here.

This book is centered around Lord Alec Knight, the indolent rakehell, ladies man and disgraced youngest of the five Knight brothers, whom his eldest brother, the Duke of Hawkscliffe has "cut off" in an effort to induce him to stop his high-stakes gambling habit. In addition,
Dangermousie
I am reading Gaelen Foley's hugely enjoyable One Night of Sin and the premise makes me giggle. Our heroine, Becky Ward, is on the run from a sinister Russian nobleman (long story) and in desperate need of place to spend the night. She does what any woman would do - when Lord Alec Knight, the ton's most celebrated rake, mistakes her for a courtesan, she lets him believe it, they go home together. In the morning she runs off but he goes looking for her and etc etc.

Gaelen Foley is a huge hit-and-m
Tracy
Aug 26, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Here is an author who is very good at writing about real life problems like PTSD and gambling addiction. She really got to the heart of the matter with the character Alec. He always felt inferior to his brothers, and used and unloved by his mother. He knew that his accomplishments were nothing to brag about, so he set out to be as irresponsible as he could. He felt like he had to be good at something and since his prospects were nil, he resorted to gambling, boozing and livin ...more
Tina
Wow it's never taken me this long to finish a book! That said it's definitely not the books fault. My life took a nose dive over the last three weeks so that is the reason why I was unable to finish this book before now.

I truly did love this story, Alec was a fantastic hero I'm so happy he was redeemed from book 5. I loved the heroine (Becky) in this book, she was perfect for Alec!! Their love story was nothing below spectacular. They were perfect for each other, and I loved how patient Becky wa
Elizabeth Bennet
This is one of several in the series but definitely not one to miss. Alec is a selfish being and he loves his women and gambling. He sort of feels lost after Lizzie marries and decides maybe a scared, young woman found outside his friends house will make things better.

Becky,being mistaken for a whore, runs away afraid into the night and not just from these randy young bucks. She is also running away from a her ruthless guardian (prince kurkov) who wishes to control her in every sense of the word
Adriana
Aug 27, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
Since her parents death, Rebecca Ward has lived under the care of her uncaring grandfather. The man hadn’t approved of his daughter's choice for a husband, and shunned his granddaughter for the sins of her mom. So while he provided for her, she was banned to the family's hunting lodge, away from London's high society and family affairs. Which is where she remained happily until he died and left the only home she'd ever known to her evil cousin Prince Korkov. Having witnessed a horrendous crime c ...more
Irene
Mar 31, 2015 Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook! And if the ending wasn't so stupid it would have gotten all 5 stars. I do find it insulting for generally smart heroes to behave like raving lunatics led by their other brain in dangerous situations, especially if they kept their calm mere 2 pages before (and it goes for heroines as well).
Ruth
I always wandered how the author would manage Alec's story, after all, the "hero" is little more than a spoiled, selfish, highly-sexed, lazy s.o.b. This one nicely handles his demons with a rollicking ride accompanied by a feisty harbinger of justice and courage.
Janet
Apr 12, 2012 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first book I read much better by Gaelen Foley.(Prince Charming) The beginning of the story was very
good but then tappered off. I like more side characters otherwise it gets boring and predictable!
Danette Steward
Sep 20, 2010 Danette Steward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: foley-gaelen
What I liked about this book is EVERYONE bad got their comeuppance and the good got their rewards. Another hot book. Sometimes it dragged, but the last chapters sure made up for it!
Shae
Jun 15, 2008 Shae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reluctantly liked this book. I think I would have rather seen Alec old and alone than find someone he truly liked. Yeah, its really mean, but he's such a jerk.
Koki
Aug 06, 2015 Koki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hneď na úvod musím napísať, že spisovateľka v tejto knihe dokazuje, že s perom v ruke sa už narodila. Ponúka čitateľovi dejovo bohatú romantiku, v ktorej nechýba láska, súboje ani hazard.

Hlavný hrdina Alec pre čitateľa, ktorý má od Gaelen čo-to prečítané, nie je neznámou postavou. Mihol sa aj v predchádzajúcej časti série (Diabol sa žení), aby trochu zamotal dej žiadosťou o ruku vtedajšej hlavnej hrdinky Lizzie. Tentoraz prišlo i na neho a zistil, čo znamená - nazvem to tak klišéovito - zaľúbiť
Dena Shayne
I was a little disappointed by this book. I mean, I love Alec, he is my favorite of the Knight Miscellany, but he got screwed (literally) with this book.
It was a little too cliché on Alec's side, and a little too weird on Becky's side. Seriously, running from Cossacks? I don't know...not that Historical Romances are ever super believable, but this one was a little too far-fetched, which made me sad, because I loved Alec...

He was such a good rogue and he kind of flopped for me- that isn't to say
Anna
Feb 20, 2012 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story of Alec and Becky started off strong, but ended less so . . . took too long to resolve.

Daneesha
Dec 01, 2008 Daneesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. I've already read 4 books by her. : )
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • How To Be A Scottish Mistress
  • His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1)
  • A Dangerous Beauty (Widows Club, #1)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #2)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Rutledge Family #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
  • Before the Scandal (Notorious Gentlemen, #2)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • The Highlander's Desire (Highlander Brothers, #2)
  • His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)
Gaelen Foley is the New York Times, USA Today, and Publisher's Weekly bestselling author of twenty historical romances set in the glittering world of Regency England. Her books are available in sixteen languages and have won numerous genre awards, such as the Bookseller's Best, the NJRW Golden Leaf (three times), the CRW Award of Excellence, the National Reader's Choice Award, the Beacon, and the ...more
More about Gaelen Foley...

Knight Miscellany (7 books)
  • The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Lady of Desire (Knight Miscellany, #4)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)