Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail #9)

4.46  ·  Rating Details ·  3,154 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews

FADING WIZARD
Stylish wizard Loke is the ladies' man of the Fairy Tail guild. But now he's suddenly broken up with all his girlfriends, claiming he simply doesn't have the time! It turns out that Loke's life may be about to end, and Lucy, a freshman, is the only one who can save him! But what can a first-year wizard do that an experienced wizard can't?
Published December 29th 2009 by Del Rey Books (first published March 17th 2008)

Connor
Jan 24, 2016 Connor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I really love getting character backstories, so this one was right up my alley. We got to see more about Lucy's past and a bunch about Loke's past. I know where the story goes from here since I watched a lot of the anime, so I thought it was awesome to pick out all the things that come back into the story in the future. Loved it.
Mal
Apr 08, 2016 Mal rated it it was amazing
*spoilers*

The Leo-arc is my favorite. I mean, sure, I didn't get incredibly far when I was watching the anime -- but this was the shit. I love it even now. I think it is the coolest thing, I swear. I know that there are people who say it's super random and doesn't make any sense, but in my opinion? That's pure bullshit. His character wouldn't have been portrayed the way he was if there wasn't something big to go along with it. Loke is my favorite, and I love with all my heart that, in the end,
TheGracefulReader
Mar 04, 2017 TheGracefulReader rated it it was amazing
Jeni
Nov 27, 2016 Jeni rated it really liked it
Beautiful start...we get to see the beginning of team Natsu (or whatever they call it) and Juvia begin stalking Gray. It ended on the relationship between Leo (and his backstory) and Lucy, which I can't wait to see more of since it was good to see Lucy front and center without the rest of the team.
Blake F.
Nov 01, 2016 Blake F. rated it it was amazing
I like how much Lucy cared about Loke and made him not vanish, by even speaking to the Celestial spirit king, Lucy's love for the guild is awesome. I hate Makarov's grandson, Laxus though, how he wants to become the new master and doesn't care about the guild at all.
Lissibith
Aug 13, 2012 Lissibith rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga, favorites
Until this point, a majority of the series has been largely split between absurd comedy and over-the-top fighting, as most shonen manga are. But I think Fairy Tail really shines when it delves into character and motivation, and that's what we get in this volume.

Gray got his time in the limelight earlier, and this time it's Lucy's turn. In the early part of this volume, we get to see the history that shaped her into who she is, and in the latter half, we get to see the kind of person it's made he
Faith W.
Mar 13, 2014 Faith W. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
This volume is my favorite in the series so far (I know, I know, I have quite a lot of catching up to do.) Female empowerment, woo! Lucy was kick-arse this volume, and props to her, because I haven't been overly-fond of her character for a while (she seemed a little unoriginal at first, but I'm sure she will develop even more!)

I've always liked Mashima-sensei's art style even though it lacks diverse body-proportions (most of the characters have nearly identical body-shapes) and this volume real
Cornerofmadness
Dec 11, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
E.A.
5 Stars!!!!

This is probably one of my favoured parts of the whole series, manga or anime.

When I started this series I was on the fence about Lucy. But after this volume, I'm impressed and now on team Lucy.

She showed her overpowering hateful father that she doesn't want his money, she wants to work, she wants to travel, and she will not stand for someone, even family, hurting her comrades/friends/new family. She took responsibility for running away, and apologized for not saying a word or conta
Wickedshizuku
Jul 10, 2011 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
By far my favorite volume in the Phantom Lord Arc starting with Chapter 66: Like-minded (though in Japanese it's translated as Comrades.)
Master Makarov has recovered somewhat, and has cast the ultimate spell of the guild, Fairy Law.
In the light of the spell Master Jose's shades are gone.
Meanwhile in the underbelly of Phantom's Ruins, Natsu and Gajell duke it out. Screaming questions of where they learned their Dragonslayer magic, and come to find out the dragons who taught them disappeared on t
Strangerealms
Mar 08, 2013 Strangerealms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas-and-lns
My review is for the whole manga so far (50 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living, and help the population who have no magic and cannot face certain threats. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor an ...more
Amélie
Feb 05, 2015 Amélie rated it really liked it
Ashley
Apr 26, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Scott Lee
Apr 29, 2016 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT! This is a great volume. The emphasis on character is paramount through the first couple episodes which focus on Lucy telling off her dad after he used his money to destroy the guild building and nearly the guild itself when he hired Phantom Lord over the last two volumes. Then the two jobs that were taken in the two in between chapters that fall between the Lucy focused Phantom Lord epilogue that opens the volume and the Loke focused last chapters skip the jobs entirely in favor of hu ...more
♚ ember
Jan 06, 2016 ♚ ember rated it did not like it
WHAT?!
what's with this sudden deus ex machina about Loke? this makes no sense whatsoever, and it's haphazardly thrown into the story just to give us Loke's backstory. randomly.
and also, let's underline more all this bullshit about truuuuù frendscip. because, obviously, you can defeat your enemies solely with the force of your feelings and emotions.
i'm dead serious.
*sarcasm*
no, really. having read One Piece, i can guarantee the it's way better than FT. trust me.
Gabriel Wallis
Jan 27, 2014 Gabriel Wallis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 1
Shelves: 2014
I really enjoyed reading this volume of Fairy Tail. It was all about Lucy, one of my favorite characters in the series besides Natsu. In this volume, the war between guilds Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord ends, Lucy confronts her father, the team (Erza, Gray, Natsu, Lucy, and Happy) takes on the job of putting on a play for the town of Onibus, and Lucy saves the life of the celestial spirit Loke. Overall, the volume was one of my favorites. Looking forward to reading the next volume in the series.
Amber
May 25, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it
4.5 stars, it wasn't perfect but it was fantastic! This volume had the best plot twist ever, I would have never guessed it! Loved getting to know minor characters, like Loke, better and seeing Lucy spread her wings and show more maturity and growth.

I would say read it just for this guy!

Stewart Tame
Jun 18, 2015 Stewart Tame rated it liked it
Still fun. We learn some interesting things about Like. And meet Lu's family. I'm debating giving up on this title, actually. It's fun, but most of the time no more than that. It's decently entertaining, but lacks that certain spark that makes for greatness. Probably I'll read the next volume and decide based on that.
Anita
Nov 10, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing
Óh, hogy azt az almás-deres pónikon lovagló almás-túrós csúsztatott palacsintáját… Ez a kötet tetszett.
Csak tudnám, mi van Lokeval?! – gondoltam. De most, hogy tudom, most sem jobb :D új kedvenc Natsu mellé

Időközben két dolog derült ki:
1) Függést okoz.
2) Több, mint 350 része van eddig…

_*ffffckd*_
Jesus Flores
Jul 26, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, ensanluis
So Fairy Tail boss makes one spell and that's the end of the fght, kind of anticlimatic. The conucil appears just onesecond late (kind of like police) to arrest everyone, and then time to rebuild.
Lucy goes back home to break family ties, she's finally showing some character.
And the Leo story, sad and Lucy saves the day.
Feather Mista
Jun 26, 2012 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Feather by: Lo mismo
Fairy Tail sigue siendo un caos y yo sigo divirtiéndome con las pavadas que va improvisando Mashima, como él mismo admite en varios de sus textos de sincericidio. Si no me equivoco, hace poco estuvo en España, después voy a buscar comentarios de los españoles a ver si es tan copado en persona como en "papel".
Dies Irae
Jan 27, 2013 Dies Irae rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, fairy-tail
Conclusa la battaglia fra gilde c'è spazio per qualche capitolo filler che fa il punto sulla situazione. Particolarmente riuscita la breve trama che mette sorprendentemente in gioco Loki, finora abituale delle retrovie. Gag al solito strepitose.
Citybones
May 12, 2015 Citybones rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, 2015
"Esto es un gremio. La felicidad de una persona es la felicidad de todos. La furia de uno la sienten también los demás. Cuando uno llora, el resto llora también. Ese es el lazo de Fairy tail. Compartir el dolor unos con otros." Makarov
Me encanta la historia de Loki, de mis favoritas de Fairy Tail.
Дени Проданова
Ех, Локи, Локи... Толкова трогателно. Супер много ми се иска нещата между Локи и Луси да се задълбочат (но не би).
Jessie
Jun 20, 2014 Jessie rated it it was amazing
This is probably my favorite Fairy Tail so far because I love Loki so much, and his is one of my favorite arcs.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I knew there was something off about Loki... Though I don't know how Spirits and humans could be in relationships.
Lisa
Apr 14, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
This was a good read. There were lots of twists and turns.
Caroline
Nov 21, 2016 Caroline rated it really liked it
FAIRYTAIL, FAIRYTAIL, FAIRYTAIL, FAIRYTAIL, FAIRYTAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Need I say more?
Anthonia
Dec 08, 2016 Anthonia rated it it was amazing
A must read for this manga series. I enjoyed reading this series, adventures, fun, trials, and issues that they come face to face with.
Logan Simpson
Jul 08, 2015 Logan Simpson rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
  • One Piece, Bd.25, Der ist 100 Mille wert! (One Piece, #25)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 1 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)