Start by marking “D'liberate Ramblings” as Want to Read:
D'liberate Ramblings

D'liberate Ramblings

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In D'liberate Ramblings, Leo continues to write from the deepest places that life touches us, expressing his thoughts in a way we can all relate to. In "Words and Why," he writes, "What I know for sure/Is that I am nothing without words..." Words sustain, elevate, and connect Leo Shelton. As the poems he writes indicate, they are also the anchor that allows him to safely r ...more
Published May 9th 2009 by Tugson Press

To ask other readers questions about D'liberate Ramblings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about D'liberate Ramblings

Jaime
Note: I got this book free from Goodreads' First Reads!

What I know for sure
Is that I am nothing without words

D'liberate Ramblings, Leo Shelton's new collection of poems from Tugson Press, opens with what every poet knows (or suspects). The poems come back again and again to words -- what leads to the act of writing, what brings forth language, how the poems have found their shape and meaning.

Shelton's poems are long and straight, poems that explore the act of writing, poems that beg to be rea
Kristina Jo
I am officially not a poetry kind of person. I can't write it, and I can never tell if I'm reading it right. I suspect that some people would tell me that, since it's poetry, there is no right or wrong way to read it, but I always feel like I'm missing something. It doesn't have the impact on me that I think poetry should. Which is probably a large part of why I'm not a poetry kind of person. I over-think it. Except when I under-think it, I guess.

As a non-poetry person, I don't feel qualified to
Janet
I have never written any kind of review of anything really but I won a copy of this from goodreads (awhile ago) and thought I should write some kind of review of it. I thought it was very strong poetry. Very masculine. The poetry also has rhythem. As if there were beats and pauses, like music.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Icha
Icha marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2010
Arnoldo Garcia
Arnoldo Garcia marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2009
Diniasih
Diniasih marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2009
xXRossiya AruXx
xXRossiya AruXx marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2009
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2009
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2009
Karielle
Karielle marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2009
Miranda Heath
Miranda Heath marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2009
Leo
Jul 23, 2009 Leo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2009
Mari
Mari added it
Jun 16, 2009
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2009
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2009
1944849
A writer, author, poet, educator, scholar, and a self-proclaimed life long learner and student of life, he credits his mom (Carolyn – “Tug”) as the most influential connection and influence on his creative foundation. Growing up in Nashville, Tennessee, he began to journal, write short stories and poetry at the very early age of 10 years old. It was there, surrounding his emotional development, th ...more
More about Leo Shelton...
Deep Breaths Rhythms- Poetry and Muse Soul-Full