Her Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #3)

Her Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  335 ratings  ·  26 reviews

Genevieve de Renalt must escape her betrothed, even if that means putting her trust in the hands of the enemy!

Irish warrior Bevan MacEgan cannot leave a lady in danger, but how far will he go to keep her safe? Marriage would benefit them both, yet he has sworn never to love again....

Proud and strong, he keeps Genevieve at a distance but, as she begins to melt his heart, a

Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Her Irish Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Irish Warrior

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I felt as though I traveled back to medieval Ireland when I read this book, which is definitely a plus for this history buff. Ireland in the Norman conquest is an under-utilized setting. I felt as though I learned some things about the ancient Irish, which is always good, especially when the lesson comes in an enjoyable story.

Storyline:
Bevan is a man who lost much of what he loved in his life. His beloved daughter dead from fever, and his wife burned to death in a Norman raid. And his land appro...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...
My Review

I really enjoyed this book! Bevan MacEgan is a wonderful character, though I wanted to smack him upside the head when he wouldn’t let go of the memory of his dead wife, Fiona, who was killed during a Norman attack. But it was refreshing to see a man remain faithful to his beloved and not fall instantly in love with the story's heroine. He fought his feelings for Genevieve - feelings he never expected to have for a woman again, which made him mourn Fiona's death all the more. By giving i...more
Graham
Michelle Willingham’s debut novel for Harlequin Historicals is a passionate tale of divided loyalties and a fierce battle for daily existence. The novel is set in the aftermath of the Norman Conquest and explores the hatred that existed between the Norman conquerors and the native Irish who did everything in their power to repel the invaders. Into this backdrop is woven a story of romance between Bevan, the Irish hero, who is a tough and battle-scarred warrior and Genevieve, a Norman lady whose...more
Lady of the Lake
Apr 13, 2009 Lady of the Lake rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: HR fans, anyone looking for an intelligent romance
To look for a great review for this superb debut novel "HER IRISH WARRIOR" by MICHELLE WILLINGHAM look to the review done by GRAHAM in December of 2008. He sums up beautifully the heart and soul of this book.
There is nothing I can add other than my own opinion. This is a fantastic novel and even more so due to the fact that is was Willingham's debut. Usually IMHO it takes a few books to warm up, for the author to find their voice and flow with a consistent writing style, this is not the case w...more
Kay
4 ½ Stars! ~~~ What is it about a tortured hero that is so appealing? This is Bevan's story and he's plagued by guilt that he had been unable to protect his wife from the raiding Normans. He's vowed never to wed or bed another woman and this vow tortures him when he rescues Genevieve from her brutal betrothed. Wedding her himself is not what he desires, however it is the only way to return his lands to his ownership and to see that she is safe from harm. A delicious lovestory! I loved how Genevi...more
Beverly
This was a good story - it was very entertaining - however, I had many issues with it (mainly the two main characters) that made me dislike it a lot from time to time.

At first, Genevieve and Bevan seemed like good, strong characters that I'd eventually come to really appreciate, but it seemed that their general attitudes towards things just really irritated me.

I hate it when characters go into something knowing what they should expect, but then react too strongly when it doesn't go the way they...more
Lisarenee
About a women who's fiance is abusing her. She asks a stranger to help her. At first it seems he won't, but later he shows up and that's when things start getting interesting. Takes place in Ireland. There is a twist at the end I kind of wished didn't happen, but otherwise loved it.
Lady of the Lake
Well written H/R I liked the characters both the Hero and the Heroine. The hero stayed true to his person throughout the book didn't all of a sudden think "Gee I love her now I am a new man!" which was real and refreshing for a romance!
Karen
I have been wanting to read the MacEgan series for so so long but have experienced difficulty in getting my hands on them here in Australia. Thanks to a wonderful friend they have finally come my way and I am currently working my way through this series....or I should say devouring this series.

Michelle Willingham is a favourite author of mine and I always love her stories. The MacEgan series in set in Ireland of which I've not read a lot about. Mostly I read historical romances set in Scotland,...more
İnci Puyan

Kitap çok güzeldi. Hatta tam benlikti çünkü hep olaylar vardı, hep bir kovalamaca, heyecan vardı ki kitaplarda bunu severim hele bir de tarihi aşk romanlarında olunca keyfime diyecek olmuyor :)

Yazarın dili o kadar akıcıydı ki nasıl bitti kitap anlamadım son sayfaya geldiğimde keşke bitmeseydi dedim. :)

Genevieve'in aşkı son sayfalarda çok güzeldi, işte aşk... fedakarlık yapıyor aşkı için dedim ama Bevan beni çıldırttı. Hele ilk başlarda Genevieve yardım ist...more
Lisa
On reste dans le même registre que le tome précédent, un amour contrarié, car les deux héros sont ennemis, et un rapprochement qui se fait pour des raisons autres que l'amour à la base. L'histoire est plutôt sympathique, avec des personnages qui ont des blessures très dures dans leur chair, mais je n'ai pas été plus emportée que ça. Alors peut-être l'époque de l'histoire joue un rôle dans cela, car elle se passe dans les années 1100 et je dois dire que le côté "amour courtois" n'est pas franchem...more
Mareena
Feb 28, 2012 Mareena rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes historical romance
Recommended to Mareena by: Walmart
For my #15 challenge ('W' For Winter), I read Her Irish Warrior by Michelle Willingham. Genevieve de Renalt must escape her abusive betrothed, even if it means putting her trust in the hands of the enemy. Irish warrior Bevan MacEgan has sworn to fight the Norman enemy and regain his castle Rionallis after he had witnessed the death of his wife two years before.

When the attack of Rionallis goes awry, Bevan finds that he can't leave a Norman lady in danger, but how far will he go to keep her safe?...more
Netanella
Enjoyed this one, about an Irish warrior who leaves his lands undefended after the death of his first wife and has to marry a Norman woman in order to gain it back. Genevieve de Renault's father captures an empty fort and surrounding land, and it becomes part of her dowry. Her betrothal to Sir Hugh, however, turns sour as the Norman knight shows his true colors as a sadistic abuser. And so when the Irish Bevan returns to regain his lands and rescues her in the process, her enemy becomes much mor...more
Sasha
Historical I return to again and again. This was released first, despite it saying it's book 3 in the order of the series.

I really enjoyed Bevan's love for his first wife, and the struggle with his evolving feelings for Genevieve. I thought this provided great tension throughout the book.

Willingham's writing is strong and poignant throughout, which makes it so enjoyable to keep re-reading.

Some of the minor characters were slightly annoying, however, even upon re-readings.
Ambyr
With the MacEgan Brothers series, I either really love them, or am just kinda indifferent to them. This one, I loved. A tortured past for the man, betrayal and pain (both physical as well as mental) for the woman, and in the end, they are perfect to heal one another... Willingham's usual M.O.
And as per usual, it's cleverly spun into a story where the characters are clear, understandable, and ones that you sympathize with and root for all the way through.
Kathleen
OK, this one is just like Her Warrior King (see that review)to know what what I mean. Bevan is just not as mean or thoughtless and Genevieve is not as hurt. It is almost like the Author took her first book and rewrote it so the characters, male mainly were not as extreme. I like it, but not my favorite. However, I could not put it down till finished.
Melis
Ayy gittikçe beğenmeye başladım ben bu MacEgan kardeşleri yaaa.. Allam Bevan sonralara doğru Fiona miyona falan deyip beni çıldırtsada Patrick'le kıyaslanınca yanında birazcık daha iyiydi. Bakalım sıradaki Connor MacEgan neler yapacak :))
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Finished reading in less than a day. I want to hit the hero in the head for being so stupid! He was forgiven quite easily too. All in all, a very enjoyable read!
Carla Faleiro
Mais um dos irmão MacEgan... Desta vez Bevan, de coração destroçado.
Um livro que serve de pausa, para desanuviar das leituras sérias, mas que se lê bem.
C.M.
Good addition to the series. Good mix of personal, political and historical I do enjoy that you're left unsure of the relationships right to the very end.
Kathy
Nov 14, 2012 Kathy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-at-library
Book 1?
Tonya Mcanally craft
Tonya Mcanally craft marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Jennie L
Jennie L marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
  • The Maid of Lorne (Harlequin Historical, #786)
  • The Viking's Captive Princess
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • High Seas To High Society (Wellinghams, #1)
  • Taming the Wolf (de Burgh, #1)
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Notorious Rake, Innocent Lady (Ramsden Brothers, #1)
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Rivals for the Crown (Highland, #2)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • The Surgeon's Lady (Channel Fleet, #2)
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings, #1)
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at...more
More about Michelle Willingham...
Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1) Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3) Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6) The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)