Start by marking “The Rosary: Keeping Company With Jesus and Mary” as Want to Read:
The Rosary: Keeping Company With Jesus and Mary

The Rosary: Keeping Company With Jesus and Mary

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
“An ancient and beautiful prayer, rich in layers, pregnant with possibilities, and abundantly overflowing with the means to draw us closer to Jesus.”—From Chapter One

Whether you love the rosary or struggle to understand its appeal, Karen Edmisten will help you enter more fully into its mystery. She offers here an encouraging guide that will enable you to leave behind the
Published April 30th 2009 by St. Anthony Messenger Press

To ask other readers questions about The Rosary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosary

Natalie
Quick read to remind us of the importance of praying this beautiful prayer. Not judgmental or pushy. Explains how and why to pray, and suggests ways to overcome inevitable distractions.
Nancy
This is a wonderful book. Karen Edmisten has written an interesting, thoughtful, spiritually helpful small book on the rosary.

Many books have been written about the rosary, but Karen's has the unique perspective of coming from being an atheist, and converting to Catholicism. Her memories of objections to Catholicism and Mary and the rosary add interest and provide her with the ability to maintain a fresh perspective on a very traditional prayer.

As a regular rosary-pray-er who needed no incentive
Mary
This book helped me see how practical and extremely beautiful the rosary can be, even when we are too busy to realize it. I'd recommend it to anyone with questions or doubts about the rosary, or anyone who thinks their alone when they can't sit through a decade without getting distracted.
Faith
This is a lovely, inspiring, practical, direct book about the Rosary in particular and prayer in general. It is a wise little book. I enjoyed it immensely.
Amy C.
Great book on the rosary for those new to the devotion or those who aren't so comfortable with it. Sensible but still warm in tone. I enjoyed it.
Melanie
Sep 27, 2010 Melanie is currently reading it
Slowly reading through this during 'quiet' time in the afternoons. A wonderful, gentle book on the rosary from a fellow convert.
Meredith Henning
An excellent book! Reviewed on my blog here: http://www.sweetness-n-light.com/2014...
Jacqueline
Aug 18, 2009 Jacqueline is currently reading it
Great book for anyone as a New and Old Cradle Catholic. It definitely helps in changing your prayers through the rosary. A blessing book in my life at this time!
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Alisa Zimmerman
Alisa Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jason D'Silva
Jason D'Silva marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Melaine
Melaine is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Nov 30, 2013
Sensibly Catholic
Sensibly Catholic marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Jenny Panico
Jenny Panico marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Marc
Marc added it
Sep 24, 2013
Colleen Rein
Colleen Rein marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Sue Ellen
Sue Ellen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Nikita Unverzagt
Nikita Unverzagt marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Deathbed Conversions After Miscarriage: A Catholic Woman's Companion to Healing & Hope Through the Year With Mary: 365 Reflections