Rainbow Fish and the Sea Monsters' Cave

Rainbow Fish and the Sea Monsters' Cave

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Boasting the same eye-catching holographic foil stamping of the earlier books in the best-selling series, this eagerly awaited new book featuring Rainbow Fish will delight his millions of fans. It's Rainbow Fish's most challenging adventure yet, for he must brave the Sea Monsters' Cave, rumored to be the most dangerous place in the ocean, to find healing algae to cure the...more
Published August 1st 2001 by NorthSouth

Swimmy by Leo LionniThis is Not My Hat by Jon KlassenThe Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah DiesenOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussFish is Fish by Leo Lionni
Picture Books About Fish
33rd out of 90 books — 5 voters
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakLeonardo, the Terrible Monster by Mo WillemsThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThere's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer MayerWhen a Monster Is Born by Sean  Taylor
Picture Books with Monsters
59th out of 72 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Nadya
Review: The Rainbow Fish is a wonderful series. Each story has a moral/theme to teach children. Rainbow Fish and his friend help bumpy-backed fish. They faced their fears to help a friend out. I love the illustration in this book especially that each fish had a sparkly scale that Rainbow Fish had even each fish in another book. The theme of this story is to overcome your fears and learning to face your fears.

Learning Experience: This would be a great book to introduce when a student in the clas...more
Melina Kinder
I like these books because they always teach a moral lesson to kids. This one has to do with facing your fears and realizing that they weren't that scary once you saw them for what they were. But I like the fact that the rainbow fish decides to confront them even when all his friends tell him that he shouldn't
Fjóla
I really liked the illustrations in this one. It's even better than the first one, The Rainbow Fish. Each new page comes in a new hue, and they're so pretty you almost want to eat them. My son was really uneasy when he realized in the story they were headed for a sea monster's cave. I had to promise him we would skip a page if it was too scary, and indeed we went through some of them pretty fast. But rest assured, there's nothing bad in this book and in fact it's a good lesson in courage.

I'll ma...more
Ebookwormy
This book is hit in our house! The graphics, with a little silvery shine on each fish, are wonderfully engaging. The story is also good. Basically, it is about overcoming fears and how many of our fears turn out to be unfounded. This is a secular book, and I would like my kids to approach challenges with both prayer and courage, but we all still enjoy the courage and clarity of this work. Looking forward to more Rainbow Fish!
Vrena
Betsy
This Rainbow Fish book is all about facing a fear and discovering it wasn't that scary in the first place. A great book to read aloud when something new is coming up in the class to help children see they can overcome their fears. Grades k through 2nd.
Codie Gates
Rainbow Fish does it again. He and his friend, little blue fish, have to face their fears to help a friend. On their way back, they realize that the things that scared them, aren't really scary at all.
Anime Chick (Brittany ^ ^)
Aw!!!!!!!!! What a stupid book for kidz! I really was looking forward to reading it!
Amy
The fish are sparkly, the story, though, is a bit lackluster.
Kristen R
I love all Rainbow Fish!
Theresa
learning to face your fears
Laura added it
Jun 18, 2014
Roxyrayray27
Roxyrayray27 marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Lizzy
Lizzy marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Mason
Mason added it
May 30, 2014
Meraal
Meraal marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Kavita
Kavita marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Diana N
Diana N marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Name Murad
Name Murad marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Anthony Saravia
Anthony Saravia marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Marcus Pfister was born in Berne, Switzerland, and began his career as a graphic artist in an advertising agency. In 1983, he decided to dedicate more time to artistic pursuits, and began to write and illustrate his first book, The Sleepy Owl, which was published in 1986. His best-known work to date is The Rainbow Fish, which has remained on bestseller lists across the United States since 1992.

Mar...more
More about Marcus Pfister...
The Rainbow Fish Rainbow Fish to the Rescue! Rainbow Fish and the Big Blue Whale Milo and the Magical Stones Questions, Questions