Start by marking “Our Seasons” as Want to Read:
Our Seasons

Our Seasons

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What's your favorite season?

Follow Ki-ki, Owen, Lily, and Kevin through the year as they explore the four seasons.

Cheerful haiku accompany season-related questions and answers about weather, the natural world, and the human body. Find out why we have seasons and how they vary around the world.
Published July 1st 2006 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Our Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Seasons

Hoang Shin
This book explains all the curiosities that come with the changing of seasons. You'll find answers to questions like:
Why do the leaves change color?
How come I can see my breath in the cold?
Why do my cheeks get red in the cold?

Students can use this book as a reference for research assignments, and explore how to write informational pieces.
Students can use the facts from this book to compare and contrast seasons. It's also a great source for new science vocabulary as well.
Brittany
Genre: Informational

Summary:
this book tells the different seasons through haiku, using descriptive examples and actual terms to describe the differences of the seasons,as well as plants, animals that are indigenous to the season being described.

Critique:
A) Relevance of information presented
B) Although it is not presented in a traditional informational way, the key terms and different plant/ animals are given through poetry format. This is a unique way to present new terms.
C) When describing c
Laura Salas
Erin
Great book, that explains the reason for seasons. I really like that this book do not need to be read in one sitting. The set-up makes it easy to focus on one season at a time. The author also chose to write the book with two types of writing. On one page you will find informational text for the teacher to read, on the other side there is one or two story lines that some students could read on their own. Very informative and great pictures.
Liz
Okay.. did not realize that the short text was a haiku of every picture. Missed that. I did notice all the different kids for each season and appreciated the many representations. A lot of technical information about components of the seasons is provided as an answer to a question for each picture, too. I like that format, but wondering how much can be shared (and understood) while reading the story.
Sq.Hill Library
A really nice book about the seasons in a nice format. On one page
is a haiku about something related to one of the four seasons and on the facing page is a longer explanation about it. Nice illustrations too.
Lizzie
Beautiful and informative.
Iysha Perkins
Iysha Perkins marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Mary Yau
Mary Yau marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Cherlita Price
Cherlita Price marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Aug 14, 2014
Megan Murphy
Megan Murphy marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Hannah David
Hannah David marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Shoua
Shoua added it
Dec 04, 2013
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Grace Ciesla
Grace Ciesla marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Cat Fletcher
Cat Fletcher marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon The Year of the Dog Starry River of the Sky The Year of the Rat Dumpling Days