Start by marking “Our Seasons” as Want to Read:
Our Seasons

Our Seasons

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
What's your favorite season?

Follow Ki-ki, Owen, Lily, and Kevin through the year as they explore the four seasons.

Cheerful haiku accompany season-related questions and answers about weather, the natural world, and the human body. Find out why we have seasons and how they vary around the world.
Published July 1st 2006 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Our Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Seasons

Ting Zhang
Nov 05, 2015 Ting Zhang rated it it was amazing
This book is appropriate for ages 5 to 8 in early childhood classrooms. The book “Our Seasons” talks about the difference of the four seasons. I like this book very much. It is very useful to teach children about the art and science. When children listen to this story, the teacher can ask them questions. For example, “Why do we have seasons?” “How many seasons do we have?” “Which one do you like?” Children can learn the knowledge of each seasonal section movement from the natural world. Teaching ...more
Alexis Smith-Gaddis
Sep 16, 2015 Alexis Smith-Gaddis rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
"Our Seasons" in a non-fiction children's picture book that can be accessed through TumbleBooks. I particularly enjoyed reading this short, informational children's book about the seasons and weather due to its question-and-answer format. This children's book on TumbleBooks is an animated ebook. I would use this in a second or third grade classroom to teach my students briefly about how seasons occur and weather changes. Topic discussions I could pull from this book could include: wind, vapor, h ...more
Taylor Hainley
"Our Seasons" is a great non-fiction children's book explaining the four different seasons. This book is an easy read for students and I would use this book in a first or second grade classroom. I would have my students make a seasons booklet and on each page of the booklet draw what that season looks like and also write a couple characteristics of that season in it. I could also have the students act out what each season is like. I would use this book in a science lesson. This book could also b ...more
Hoang Shin
This book explains all the curiosities that come with the changing of seasons. You'll find answers to questions like:
Why do the leaves change color?
How come I can see my breath in the cold?
Why do my cheeks get red in the cold?

Students can use this book as a reference for research assignments, and explore how to write informational pieces.
Students can use the facts from this book to compare and contrast seasons. It's also a great source for new science vocabulary as well.
Brittany
Dec 10, 2012 Brittany rated it really liked it
Genre: Informational

Summary:
this book tells the different seasons through haiku, using descriptive examples and actual terms to describe the differences of the seasons,as well as plants, animals that are indigenous to the season being described.

Critique:
A) Relevance of information presented
B) Although it is not presented in a traditional informational way, the key terms and different plant/ animals are given through poetry format. This is a unique way to present new terms.
C) When describing c
Laura Salas
Oct 13, 2011 Laura Salas rated it liked it
Erin
Apr 06, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
Great book, that explains the reason for seasons. I really like that this book do not need to be read in one sitting. The set-up makes it easy to focus on one season at a time. The author also chose to write the book with two types of writing. On one page you will find informational text for the teacher to read, on the other side there is one or two story lines that some students could read on their own. Very informative and great pictures.
Liz
Oct 08, 2012 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012-13
Okay.. did not realize that the short text was a haiku of every picture. Missed that. I did notice all the different kids for each season and appreciated the many representations. A lot of technical information about components of the seasons is provided as an answer to a question for each picture, too. I like that format, but wondering how much can be shared (and understood) while reading the story.
Sq.Hill Library
Feb 11, 2009 Sq.Hill Library rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erin, non-fiction
A really nice book about the seasons in a nice format. On one page
is a haiku about something related to one of the four seasons and on the facing page is a longer explanation about it. Nice illustrations too.
Lizzie
Sep 08, 2012 Lizzie rated it really liked it
Beautiful and informative.
Xiao Lin
Xiao Lin marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Linnea
Linnea rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Library Project
Library Project marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Flor De Vita
Flor De Vita marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Laura Jones
Laura Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Debra
Debra added it
Sep 20, 2015
Seraphina
Seraphina marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Aleya Cayde
Aleya Cayde marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Sade Scott
Sade Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Randa
Randa marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 20, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015