Start by marking “Living with Fibromyalgia” as Want to Read:
Living with Fibromyalgia
Preview

Living with Fibromyalgia

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Fibromyalgia is a condition linked to ME which causes widespread soft tissue pain accompanied by a variety of symptoms including fatigue, insomnia, IBS, migraine and allergies. This volume covers the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment (including analgesics and NSAIDS), self-help (including diets and complementary therapies), plus the stresses of living with a chronic c ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Sheldon Press

To ask other readers questions about Living with Fibromyalgia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Fibromyalgia

Tria
Only really worth reading if fibromyalgia is your primary illness. If you have it secondary to something else, even if fibro affects your life just as much as the primary, this book is almost useless.

I have fibromyalgia secondary to Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III (a.k.a. hypermobility syndrome), and a fair chunk of the ideas in this book would cause me more harm than good.
Stephanie Fletcher
I was lucky enough to meet Christine in Tenerife and she has great understanding of this debilitating condition which is much maligned. As a sufferer myself I found the tips in this book invaluable. A must for any sufferer's of a chronic pain and fatigue condition. ...more
Sheila
Mostly stuff I already knew, but I came away with a couple new strategies.
Caz Potterton
honest & open book explaining the condition in detail along with possible associated conditions. a must for recently diagnosed fibromyalgics, their relatives & close friends.
Rowan Evenstar
This was the first Fibro book that I have read (actual paperback, not digital).
It came highly recommended, and I agree.

Nicely set out, easy to follow and quite comprehensive. Can get a little technical, but not overwhelming at all.

A good place for getting a basic understanding of the condition from someone who was a suffer herself.

She wrote and published the first British book on the condition around 1999/2000.
Jillian
An extremely important read for friends and families of people with fibromyalgia. It will tell them everything you can't explain.
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Caroline Pearce
Caroline Pearce marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Loren & Melissa Mammenga
Loren & Melissa Mammenga marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Chris Thomas
Chris Thomas marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Michelle Taylor
Michelle Taylor is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2013
Deirdre Paulk
Deirdre Paulk marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Kelly-ann
Kelly-ann is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2013
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Barbara Mcgraw-johnson
Barbara Mcgraw-johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013