Under the Northern Lights (Alaskan Quest, #2)

Under the Northern Lights (Alaskan Quest #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,490 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Bestselling author Tracie Peterson continues her saga of life and love in the rugged Alaskan Territory with the second volume of the ALASKAN QUEST series. When Pinkerton agent Helaina Beecham's obsession with capturing a dangerous fugitive dulls her judgment, she is kidnapped and carried off into the wilderness just as an early winter is approaching. Now her only hope is t...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Northern Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Northern Lights

She Walks in Beauty by Siri MitchellA Tailor-Made Bride by Karen WitemeyerThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonCourting Morrow Little by Laura FrantzHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
Best Christian Fiction Book Covers
159th out of 701 books — 601 voters
A Surrendered Heart by Tracie PetersonAn Unexpected Love by Tracie PetersonThese Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls WilderThe First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Historical Fiction Book Covers
43rd out of 102 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Loraine
SUMMARY: Bestselling author Tracie Peterson continues her saga of life and love in the rugged Alaskan Territory with the second volume of the ALASKAN QUEST series. When Pinkerton agent Helaina Beecham's obsession with capturing a dangerous fugitive dulls her judgment, she is kidnapped and carried off into the wilderness just as an early winter is approaching. Now her only hope is that Jacob Barringer--the man who has captured her heart--will find her before it is too late.
(Alaskan Quest Book 2)

R...more
Shellie
Nikki
After a lengthy journey traversing the Alaskan territory newlywed Leah Barringer Kincaid walks into her home to discover her husband's identical twin brother Chase, a murder, whom both her husband and brother are chasing. Kidnapped by Chase who preys on Leah's protective instincts she is reunited with the insufferable Pinkerton Agent Helaina Beecham whom Chase had already kidnapped. Leah wants only to escape but Helaina's focus is solely on bringing Chase to justice. When Helaina falls criticall...more
Julie
I liked this book well enough. I'm giving it 3 stars because it dealt with a very difficult and touchy subject matter and it wasn't dealt with very realistically from my point of view. It was resolved way to easily and should have been explored with more depth and reality. Not that I disagree with the concept Peterson puts forth for overcoming trials and suffering. I just felt like she simplified it too much.

Other than that I enjoyed the book and plan on reading the next book in the series to fi...more
Guitargirl
It was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot!!! There is tons of conflicts going on into the next book and I can't wait to begin it!!! :-)
Kathryn
Camille
Under The Northern Lights by Tracie Peterson

I received this entire series for review purposes from Bethany House Publishers. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one.

Under The Northern Lights is the second book in Tracie Peterson's Alaskan Quest series. You can read my review of the first book in the series, Summer of the Midnight Sun, by clicking here.

Under The Northern Lights picks up right where Summer of the Midnight Sun left off, which is good because it left...more
Alicia
Actually better than the first book because it had a little more action and adventure. Waiting for the third book to see what happens.
Gabrielle
Much better than the first book! Ready for the 3rd one now.
Libby Sellers
The second in a Historical fiction series set in Alaska in the early 1900's before American entered WW1. Tracie Peterson is a good writer and the books appear to be well researched. There is some hard subject matter in this book - spoiler alert-- dealing with rape though it is not explicit but could be hard for a woman who has been through the experience though in that the question is posed that how could God let this happen to a follower of Jesus. I thought the author dealt with the emotions we...more
Tina
Awesome book
Jeannie
Can't wait to read book three.
Jeanne
This is the second book of the Alaskan Quest series. It is the story of brother and sister, Jacob and Leah, their adventures and romances. The author is an excellent story teller. The inspirational aspects of the stories work very well. If you get involved in this story, you definitely will want to read all three books, as much of the story is not resolved until the final book.
BookLover
I really disliked this book which was too bad since I enjoyed the first book in the series. I felt like this book had a different author. She went to some really dark places and I wasn't expecting it based on the writing in the first book. Not sure if I'll finish the series.
Liz
i really liked the second book of the alaskan quest series-under the northern lights. i actually liked it better than the first book. i highly recommend it for anyone who likes tracie peterson's book's-this is one of her better one's
Stephanie
This book is wonderful. It was the first I read by Tracie Peterson, she has a way to keep you from putting the books down. I read this as an all in one book, it is a trilogy called Alaskan Quest, HIGHLY recommended!
Misty
Yet another great read from Tracie Peterson. I loved the twists and turns, and the new story lines that keep coming up. It had me reading and wanting more. I'm sad there is only 1 more book to the series!!
Yvor
This is an adventure-romance set in 1913-1915 Alaska Territory. It also chronicles the struggles of its central characters to develop faith in God. The underlying themes of the story are inspirational.
Linda
Jun 13, 2012 Linda added it
Again, another cliff hanger! I am waiting for the next book from the library. I think this is a three-book series, so maybe the characters will be able to rest and get back to normal life in northern Alaska.
Jo
Oct 26, 2007 Jo added it
Recommends it for: readers wanting a lot of prayer
I wont rate this because it is not for me. I was ok with it being insperational, but a 1/3 of the way into the book I quiet. Instead of 80% action 20% insperation it is 10% action and a LOT of talking to God.
I was really struggling to finish this book. I don't think it is as good as the first one in the series. While Tracie is a great storyteller, I think she missed on this one.
Shara
This is the 2nd book of the Alaskan Quest. It was a great sequal to the first book and leaves you hanging at the end so you want to read the last one...Very good book as well!
Pam
Oct 01, 2010 Pam added it
Continue to enjoy stories that take place in Alaska. Peterson does her homework on history and life in Alaska and tells a suspenseful story.
Julie
Story about a brother and sister in Alaska--was hooked on learning more about this wild place where my sister lives and an uplifting story.
Melissa
Living in the Alaska territory sounds like such a hard life. I would really hate the cold and I don't think I could eat whale and seal.
The only problem I have with this book is the ending. LEAVEING it hanging even a series is not cool. It should have some wrap up.
Katelyn
this book is a really wonderful religious book that i really enjoyed reading i hope to read the second one soon
Rachel Finninger
Crazy, gripping, chilling and saddening. An emotional book, but one that I would read again and again.
Tiffany Peterson
usually not what I read, but since I read the first I'll have to read the whole series.
Rachel
not as good as the first one but worth the read to see what happens with the characters
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills Trilogy, #3)
  • A Promise for Tomorrow (Ribbons of Steel, #3)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • The Tender Vine (The Diamond of the Rockies #3)
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
  • Whispers Along the Rails (Postcards from Pullman #2)
  • Pearl (Dakotah Treasures, #2)
  • The Jewel of Gresham Green (Gresham Chronicles #4)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Wings of Morning (These Highland Hills, #2)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...
A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1) A Daughter's Inheritance (The Broadmoor Legacy, #1) Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1) Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)