Start by marking “The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10” as Want to Read:
The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10 (The Gentlemen's Alliance #10)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,710 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
From the creator of Full Moon o Sagashite

Please note: Reads Right to Left (Japanese Style)

In return for a business loan of 50 million yen, the prestigious Kamiya family gave their daughter Haine away to the Otomiya family. Haine, now an Otomiya, is appointed to the student council of the exclusive Imperial Academy, a private school for the aristocracy. Even though Hai
Published October 7th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
127th out of 645 books — 1,459 voters
Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Vol. 1 by Ken AkamatsuThe Gentlemen's Alliance Cross Artbook (Shinshi Doumei Kurosu) by Arina TanemuraThe Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11 by Arina TanemuraThe Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10 by Arina TanemuraThe Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 9 by Arina Tanemura
My Favorite Manga Series Ever!
4th out of 14 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Naomi
Mar 21, 2010 Naomi rated it liked it
Rach
Nov 03, 2010 Rach rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, manga
Now that Haine's family drama is resolved, we finally get to focus in the Tofu brothers in this volume. Man, their family is messed up. Keeping doubles locked up because one mine get sick from inbreeding? Its just so sad. And I feel bad for the brothers becayse their closeness was stripped away from them.

I have to say, I am so glad Haine finally stood up and made a decision, realizing that she really is in love with Taka. And of course, Shizun interrupts them at the worst possible time.

I can't f
Starbubbles
Jun 09, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
i found the rest of the series online, oh but i most defiantly plan on buying it when it comes out. reading comics online gives me a headache. lame. anywho- haine makes her choice, oh and it was who i was rooting for! yay! but as soon as she makes her decision, she waivers a bit. she then reaffirms her choice, but then waivers again. i just wanted to strangler her a bit; stick to your choice! still, happy ending. loved it sooo much!
when i was reading it, i kept thinking of fruits basket. being t
Sabrina "Look At My Books"
OMG so many turns.

Shizumasa.
Toya.
Shizumasa again.
Senri.
Takanari... I can't predict what is going to happen in the last one.
Oni
Feb 26, 2016 Oni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, romance, drama, asian
This is one of my favourite manga series. The 2nd last book becomes very suspenseful and we learn even more about the many characters (the story of how Shizumasa became heir to the Togu family) and an entirely new plot point seems to appear (Senri-Ushio). Haine (乙宮 灰音) seems to be under a lot of pressure, but let's hope our tough, loveable heroine is able to come out of this smiling:
Miss Ryoko
Feb 14, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, library-book
I really didn't care for this volume. Haine's bipolar tendencies were super obnoxious... so much so that even the mangaka HERSELF complained about it!

I don't even care about the relationships anymore. I know it's going to end happy no matter how distressing Tanemura-san makes it seem. I'm also sort of over how the "bad" characters were all actually good and some of the "good" characters were actually bad.

I'm happy there is only one volume left.
Vân Đặng
Is a great book to read
Emily
Apr 15, 2012 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I typically really like Tanemura's work, but this one is just... not something I am enjoying.

On an academic level I suppose I'm intrigued by the commentary on how twins are treated in some societies, but even that is not enough to make this series much worth my interest. Almost done, though, so I suppose I'll finish it just to say I did.
Caroline
Jan 03, 2010 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult, series
We learn quite a few things in this volume about Shizumasa and Takanari, and the storyline gets darker. It's certainly not the best volume in the series.
Myra
Sep 21, 2011 Myra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I own the Japanese edition of this book. Loved everything about the extra storybook that was created by Takanari!!!XD
Steph
Oct 13, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
I love the art. Arina Tanemura is one of the greatest artist of mangas in my opinion and I love all the plot twists.
Amethyst
Jan 01, 2012 Amethyst rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
OMG! What on earth?! She finally decides and it's ruined?! Ugh cut this girl some slack!!!
Bianca
Bianca rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Angela Rodriguez
Angela Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Jocelyn Cabrera
Jocelyn Cabrera rated it it was amazing
Ivy Hu
Ivy Hu rated it it was amazing
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Zhuu Ming
Zhuu Ming rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Sandra Pavel
Sandra Pavel marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Heidi Mathieux
Heidi Mathieux rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Lily Liu
Lily Liu rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Eslin
Eslin rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Awar
Awar rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Carly
Carly rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Riane Vardeleon
Riane Vardeleon marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 03 (Captive Hearts, #3)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 7 (Wild Ones, #7)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 10 (Kitchen Princess, #10)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 8: With a Little Help From Their Friends (Shugo Chara!, #8)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Vol. 07
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 10 (Beauty Pop, #10)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

The Gentlemen's Alliance (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1