Amazing Bats: See More Readers Level 1

Amazing Bats: See More Readers Level 1

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews
SeeMore Readers are designed for every young reader. Large, bright pictures instantly engage readers in the subject. Exciting yet simple text provides the information that kids, parents, and teachers wantfrom key facts to fascinating trivia. Each Reader is a fun invitation to read, observe, and see more!
Published June 30th 2005 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Bats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Bats

Eva Kelly
This one was good with lots of words I knew.
Aunt Kathy told me about bats that fly down into your hair and I think they should have a picture of that in here.
All the bats in this book have really sharp teeth and big wings.
The best animal books are 590.
Kaethe
2008 September 22Really good pictures, but the stupid book doesn't label them, so must of the time you don't know which bat it is you're looking at.

One of them, by the bye, has a nose just like Hogsqueal from Spiderwick.
Sandy
An informational nonfiction book on bats. Large print and vivid photos hooks the reader in, as I was reading this book aloud to my first graders they were excited to learn about the facts and were even more interested in looking at the detail in the photos. Good book to go along with your science lesson or even around Halloween.
Milo P.
Dec 23, 2012 Milo P. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Milo by: Mama
Mama loves this book a lot more than I do. She has forced it on me enough to now realize that if I want to read it I will. I don't pick it up much. But, Mama still loves to look at the Squirrel Bat. It is the largest known bat with a wing span of six feet. She just doesn't understand why that does not impress me.
Jennifer (sullivan)
Genre: Picture Book/Non Fiction

This book shows the creepy looking bats, especially when the pictures are blown up and close up to where you see the bats.
Samanthah
I really like it.And I learned a lot of things about bats.I think you should read the book.If you want to learn about bats,read about amazing bats!
Brian
Great nonfiction, informational books. The large text and brilliant photos help keep the readers attention.
z.diddy
I liked the part where it showed a vampire bat with its mouth open.
Kara
Myrnee
Myrnee added it
May 21, 2014
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Jennifer Freeman
Jennifer Freeman marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Lisa
Lisa added it
May 16, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Sarah added it
Mar 12, 2013
Sarra
Sarra added it
Feb 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Seymour Simon, whom the NY Times called "the dean of [children's science:] writers," is the author of more than 250 highly acclaimed science books (many of which have been named Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children by the National Science Teachers Association).

Seymour Simon uses his website, SeymourSimon.com, to provide free downloads of a wealth of materials for educators, homeschoolers...more
More about Seymour Simon...
Our Solar System Fun Facts about Pets Sharks Tornadoes Storms