Start by marking “Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)

Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  779 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Webb Calder fought the newcomers who rushed to claim grasslands where Calder cattle grazed. But he could not resist Lilli -- a proud and lovely young immigrant, loyal to the homesteader's cause, and to her husband. Still, a Calder kept what he had and got what he wanted. Where a man stands for what he believes, there "Stands a Calder Man."
Published August 1st 1999 by Pocket Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Stands A Calder Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stands A Calder Man

Karen  Boruff
Janet Dailey is an excellent writter. She adds depth to the characters and build complex stories that actually hold a persons interest. This isn't your easy boy meets girl romance. She's married and not about to cheat. The emotions just simmer for a very long time. You feel for the characters. You want them to have a happy ending, but know it's going to be Hell to get them there. Kept me interested and turning pages. I always enjoy Daileys books..and would recommend them to anyone who doesn't wa ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Chase Benteen Calder(Benteen) with his wife Lorna are partners in running The Triple C ranch also know as The Calder Cattle Company. Their son Webb silently fights with his father about being his heir who is straddling the fence rather than facing his responsibility. Webb doesn't want to be like his fater yet understands some of his points of view. Lorna hopes that Webb will settle down soon and choose Ruth Stanton. Webb thinks of Ruth as a sister nothing more. Webb meets Lillian Reisner(Lilli) ...more
Kathleen
Dana
Webb Calder is Benteen Calder's son, the owner of Triple C Ranch in Montana. Webb wants just to be one of the cowboys but his father wants him to step up and take on some responsibility. When will he ever grow up?

The ranch has been in operation for awhile and the railways want to generate more business. The Homesteaders Act is pushed though and now drylanders are flocking to Montana to try their luck. They must cope with drought, cold and very inhospitable conditions to grow a little wheat. Amon
Amy
I read the first in this series a while ago, but seeing all the cattle ranches on our summer vacation inspired me to read this second book in the series. It was a good romance. I like the Calder series because it follows the generations and the stories seem more realistic than a lot of romance books that are just too perfect.
Mary
Started reading this series in the 80's. I think the last one was published just a couple of years ago. I've enjoyed them all, especially the early ones set in the old west. The newer one's are contemporary. It follows a large ranch owning family through the generations.
Judith
This book is part of a series, The author took for granted that the reader had read the previous books, and I hadn't. The result was that I had some trouble following. It was, however, a good book.
Pamela
This book is about honor,and pride. I loved the book,and the characters. The story was very good,and the setting beautiful. If you have not started this series..try it..but begin with book 1.....
Sharon Sherman
A good reread. I love the Calder men and women. I find them great rereads when I'm looking for a book on a lazy afternoon.
Kim
I loved all the Calder books by Janet Dailey. Good stories about ranch life!
Beth
Webb takes over the homestead & has a son, Chase. Lorna & Benteen die
Kitty Richards
Kitty Richards marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Justine Heseman
Justine Heseman marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Marjorie Benson
Marjorie Benson marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Elen
Elen is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Michaela Riley
Michaela Riley marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Cindy Halter
Cindy Halter marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • River Of Love (Savage Destiny, #3)
  • Savage Conquest (Gray Eagle, #9)
  • The Good Old Boys
  • Next Door Daddy (Mule Hollow, #7)
  • Wyoming! (Wagons West, #3)
  • Pioneer, Go Home!
  • Friends at Thrush Green (Thrush Green, #10)
  • The Waiting Sands
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)
  • A Ruling Passion
  • Two Brothers: The Lawman
  • Heart of the West
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1)
  • Heart Earth
  • The Highland Guard Series 5-Book Bundle (Highland Guard, #1-5)
  • Allison's Journey (Brides of Webster County, #4)
  • Beauty and the Beasts (Bride Train, #6)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

Calder Saga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1)
  • This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3)
  • Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Shifting Calder Wind (Calder Saga #7)
  • Calder Promise (Calder Saga #8)
  • Lone Calder Star (Calder Saga #9)
  • Calder Storm (Calder Saga #10)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4) Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)