And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)

And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan #7)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  463 ratings  ·  29 reviews
#1 New York Times bestseller Iris Johansen pairs an exotic locale with an irresistible man in this classic love story that proves anything is possible when a woman knows in her heart that it’s right….

Don’t look for me. I’ll come back when I’m ready. Pandora Madchen wrote those words when she ran off six years ago. In that time she’d become a sensation with the rock group N...more
Mass Market Paperback, Loveswept #126, 184 pages
Published December 1st 1986 by Bantam Books (first published January 1986)

To ask other readers questions about And The Desert Blooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And The Desert Blooms

Marilyn Schoon
What a disappointment! I've read several Iris Johansen books (the Eve Duncan series) and really enjoyed them. So when I found this audio book, I checked it out. This is one of her early books and is a schlocky romance that requires far more suspension of disbelief than I was willing to give. I don't mind the occasional light, fluffy ear candy, but I'd like it to be at least Ghiradelli quality. This was a Tootsie Roll.
Paulla
Jan 09, 2011 Paulla added it
I don't like romance novels. They are too predictable -- and that holds true in this one. There were NO surprises. I only read it becuase I usually like Iris Johansen - but even she cannot bring interest to a typical romance novel.
Sandra
I found this book very romantic. I liked how the heroine Pandora was a rock star, and the hero Philip was a sheik. This book had nice settings and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Nadine Jones
Huh. For some reason GR keeps losing the reviews I type for this book. This time I'll keep it short and sweet: this book sucked.
Heather
Oh,,., I did not know it was a romance. Finished it but did not enjoy it. Not my style of book
Sally Lindsay-briggs
Jul 14, 2014 Sally Lindsay-briggs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love romance.
I have never read Iris Johansen's books before. This was a quick read but a very satisfying experience. The two main characters were both unique and exciting. I loved the interaction between them and the wonderful passionate love they had for each other. I will look for more of this author's books because they will surely be entertaining.
Mudpie
A very 80s style roman...the heroine Pandora was spunky and very young: 21 to the hero Philip's 38...he's definitely a male chauvinist but in the end he came through and was quite sweet. An easy read but not memorable.
April
This is a quick, intense romance, that was fun, interesting, and sexy. I finished it in about 2 hours last night and was glad to use it as a 'palette cleanser' between big, heavy (literally and figuratively), emotional books. Even though its short, I enjoyed the characters and the idea and was excited to get through it.

The only problem with the book was my confusion because I thought this was a book that involved the characters from Pandora's Daughter but once I realized that this was written in...more
Nada Abdelhalim
one of the worst books i ever read ! really what is the point from the story , it doesn't want a smart person to know that she was totally refering to UAE and KSA in that story. will never read a book that author again
Dawn
Oh my gosh! This book is not very good. I don't want to be mean and say it was horrible, but..... There was no real storyline.....the dumb girl went back to this guy with the intention of getting pregnant to keep him, then got mad when her dumb father told her that was the only reason he (the sheik or whatever he was) wanted her was to keep the baby. No backstory on the girl, the sheik, the father. If only I could read a book and put it down if it was bad. I always want to read to the end to see...more
Cassi
I didn't expect so much sex in this book.
Carol
Having read some of her other mysteries, I thought this would be on a similar vein, but it was total romance, no suspense. I kept waiting for the story to pick up, and only continued with it because it was the only CD book I had and I was doing menial tasks and wanted something to listen to. I might have been better with my thoughts.
Christine
I enjoyed the book. It was a short read, so not a lot of commitment was necessary. The story line bordered on the ridiculous, but Iris Johansen has a way of writing a compelling story that catches me on some level nearly every time. This was no exception.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Love reunited theme - quick, light smexy and enjoyable. It's Ms. Johansen so I know it's well edited and decent read. Good for a short plane ride. Not that memorable.
Shirley Owl
Ok - desert story about a singer from a rock band - plot was hard to follow as there were gaps - but I still kept reading it.
Sarah ~Book Addict~
This was always one of my favorites of her Loveswepts. Still is and what an enjoyable revisit.
Lorraine
Hot and spice without lots of sex details...good story. A real book for the beach.
April Dykes
Iris Johansen is my favorite author, as usual, it was a great read. Loved it!
Jill
It was alright, although there wasn't much of a back story to go on.
Breezy
Another quick fluff romance. Very predictable characters and plot.
Darlene Wilson
A short romance -- further in the story of Philip and Pandora --
Mary Barbara
Ridiculous story. COuldn't believe I finished it.
Joan
I abandoned this one after 50 or so pages.
Jackie
Ok. Quick read on an airplane.
Lynn Shurden
Listened to audio and loved it.
Pat
Wasn't worth the time to read it.
Ruth
LS #126 3.5
Verity
Feb 28, 2009 Verity added it
Shelves: johansen-iris, ebook
HTML FILE
  • Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Runaway Bride
  • Mistress and Mother
  • Lightning That Lingers
  • The Rawhide Man
  • The Greek's Innocent Virgin (Kouros Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #2)
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • Falling for Trouble
  • Love Song for a Raven
  • Ecstasy (Notorious, #4)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
Johansen began writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great success. She had seventeen consecutive New York Times b...more
More about Iris Johansen...
The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2) The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1) The Search (Eve Duncan, #3) Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) Body of Lies (Eve Duncan, #4)