Start by marking “Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)

Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon #2)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  603 ratings  ·  30 reviews
"Night Rising" was only the beginning... Dawn Madison reluctantly came to Los Angeles in search of her missing father and found instead a world of murder and the living dead she never imagined existed. When a new vampire slaying lures Dawn deeper into the underground, her alliances in the sunlit world shift. Now she has only herself to trust and her newfound skills as "a s ...more
Published June 30th 2009 by Ace (first published February 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Reign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Reign

Yolanda Sfetsos
In this one we find out a whole lot more about the mysterious Voice, as well as Frank. Also, there's another person that we get to find out more about. I was certainly surprised because I didn't expect it. It's such a cool twist.

Now I can't wait to see what else Dawn uncovers, and if the Underground will survive now that she knows as much as she does. Heck, I know I'm being really vague with details but if I go into it, it'll ruin everything if you haven't read it.

I also enjoyed the new mystery,
This is book two of the Vampire Babylon series, which will be told in two sets of trilogies - making for six books in total. This book takes place one month after the end of book one. The team suffers a loss and we find out more about Dawn's family, and there's more from rival P.I., Matt Lonigan. We also get a name, Jonah, and a face to go with The Voice/Boss that we-met-but-didn't-meet in book one. We still don't know exactly what Jonah is at this point though I have my suspicions but the rathe ...more
The BookWhisperer
While I had some trouble thriving in this book. I have found myself pressured into continuing this series for answers to some many questions. Dawn's story line is an interesting read, although I have trouble keeping up with these books because the author is narrirating rather than living the story. Each chapter is told as though it is a third person looking in. I have had trouble following this story, and finding interest in all situation. Though, as I have said Chris Green is commended on the f ...more
Julie Witt
I really liked this book better than the first book, as it definitely moved along at a better pace, but I still didn't "love" it. Although this was not an "I can't put it down" book, it was enjoyable. I am looking forward to reading the third book in the series to see if it follows the pattern of getting better with each book in the series.
Julie (jjmachshev)
Awesome. I just finished "Midnight Reign" by Chris Marie Green. This is book two in her 'Vampire Babylon' series and a wild ride from start to finish. If you enjoy your urban fantasies with a darker edge, you have got to try this series, but you'll have to read the first book, "Night Rising", to understand the scope of this work.

Dawn is still searching for her father. Meanwhile, she's been recruited by 'the Voice' into joining his team of investigators searching out the inner sanctum of a vampir
Lindsay Paige
I really liked the first book but this one not so much. I was disappointed. The book would get interesting and then slow down, slower than a snail. It would speed back up and get interesting and then quit again. That annoyed me. A lot.

It was very predictable but at the very end, some things did surprise me. But with the book moving so slowly, it took me a long time to read it and the surprises were just bleh. I was tempted to not finish it but I couldn't. I will read the next book because I feel
I did not read the first one but I did not need to in order to get the concept and the back story. One book was enough for me. There is too much going on with the vampires. I have read about every type of vampire there is but these vampires make no sense to me. I am not really clear what they are, vampires is used but I am not sure she did not need to call them something else. Dawn is smart and believeable but human and should have been killed several times. She is not a paranormal being and she ...more
there are so many layers to this series and the mystery of finding them out is so great . I like that you get answers then more questions to find out answers again great story.
This book was a lot better than the first. It had more drama and action, but I was sadly dissappointed in a couple of things. One being that there was almost no sex, two Matt turned out to be the Master, and three Briesi died. :( :( :( Oh and Eva turned out to be a total phycho jealous dillusional bitch, so that pissed me off too. I really hope Dawn kicks her ass at some point and Frank stops acting like a love-struck (and dumb-struck) teenager. Also I must admit, in the next book, I wanna see J ...more
Frank is found, Dawn's world is turned upside down, a beloved main character dies, the Vampire Killer is unmasked and in this action packed adrenaline ride we find answers to certain questions but are left with even more as we go into book 3 Break of Dawn.

I will start that one with a bit of trepidation as having read the blurb know Dawn has even more shocks in store, one of which even made me sad on her behalf when it was revealed in this second book to readers.
Book two in the Vampire Babylon series proved to be a wild ride from start to finish! If you enjoy your para’s/urban fantasies with a darker edge, you won’t be disappointed with the second installment of the series. This reader would suggest reading Night Rising (book 1) first in order to get the “full effect”, but there is enough recap that it is not necessary.

Please visit my blog for the rest of this review!

Come on over and hang for a while!
Emma Lairson
I love Breisi. But I want the Madisons to be a family again even though Eva caused her daughter so much pain and made her grow up with the picture of her gruesome "death".
I suspected her mother from the very beginning, however, I did not predict her father. Kiko needs to get his mojo back because without it he is not as much of the story as i believe he should have been after the first book. I just hope he make a grand comeback in the next book. I would like to see Dawn make up a certain amount with her mother enough to fully understand how much her mother truly does care about her and that it was just as hard for her to let her go as it was for Dawn to grow up w ...more
Lori Whitwam
Dawn continues her work for Limpet and Associates, hoping that their mission to track down and destroy the Vampire Underground will lead to her missing father. And who is the lovely young starlet, Jac, who bears such a strong resemblance to Dawn's long-dead mother? Who IS Jonah Limpet, and who are their mysterious spiritual "Friends?" I wasn't thrilled with where this edition left off. I know there will be more, but I'm left with an unpleasant taste in my mouth waiting for it to be published.
James Cockburn
It was really good although the bad guys flashbacks was a little bit annoying
Took over 1/3 of the book before I started warming up to this book, and even then it's not very engrossing. Not sure I'd call it paranormal romance. Without getting into spoilers, I actually found it rather depressing. The author has a very readable style, and the story has possibilities...they just don't blossom. Probably finished with this author.
Bethany C
I wanted to give this 4 stars by the end, but had to remember it didn't really grab me for a good while. But, by the end, I was really glad I got into the series. I was worried I would get strung along with no questions answered, but this did a good job of surprising me. I already have the next one in my "to be read" queue.
Jade M.
Although I hated the first book in this series, I had already purchased this and decided to read it. It was much better then the first, although that doesn't say much. This book contains more plot and by the end of the book I had to see what happened.
pretty good follow up to the first. with some mildly shocking twists, nothing too outrageous. Looking forward to the third.

* on an unrelated note to self - don't read a book in a single 7 hr. sitting again b/c it causes reading hangover
Stephanie Kay
This book was gifted to me, so I had to buy the first book before I started. Unfortunately I don't remember what happens in either. So maybe that says something?
Carrie (elphaba) Selusnik
This book was better than the first one. I found myself getting into the book. When it ended, I was actually excited to pick up the next one.
Wow this series has kept me seriously on my toes, can't wait to read the third one.
Tammy Shanks
This was better than the first one... Lets see what the next one is like.
Rebekah Crain
Enjoyed this second installment in Dawn's story. What an adventure!
Pretty good...a little hard to understand sometimes.
This is the second book, so far I really like it
2nd book in the series. Pretty good.
See my review of book 1!!!
Book #158, for 2009
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)
  • Bloody Awful (Brytewood, #2)
  • Second Skin (Nocturne City, #3)
  • Kiss of the Rose (Tudor Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)
  • When Twilight Burns (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4)
Chris Marie Green, former school teacher turned full-time writer, gets out of the office by taking long trips to places such as Japan, Italy, and New Orleans. When she’s not causing international incidents, she enjoys yoga, movie-going and dabbling in firsthand research such as fencing, Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She also writes under the name Crystal Green and Christine Cody
More about Chris Marie Green...

Vampire Babylon (6 books)
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • Deep In the Woods (Vampire Babylon, #6)